Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat
General questions - Gideros Forum

General questions

Post your programming and hardware related topics here, such as Lua, Gideros API, devices an deployment
Discussion
Started By
Replies
Views
Most Recent
Metatables
Hey everyone I'm trying to write a corona compatibility layer for certain functions like: display.*, system.* ...
(SOLVED) Couldn't Get .apk
I developed a small android game with gideros. However, when i exported it from gideros ...
Bucket fill tool Would it be possible to develop a bucket fill tool using Gideros?
Facebook Integration, parse.com, iAds, switching from Corona etc etc
Hi there Am trying to make the decision as to whether to jump to Gideros from ...
Write a review and support Gideros
I'm collecting reviews of Gideros by developers with finished and released games. If you're interested, please ...
How can i use Vibration ?
I tried to use Application:vibration() but i got bird.lua:82: calling 'vibrate' on bad self (Application expected, ...
Should setAnchorPoint() be available in Sprite?
Hi, I know you have TextField>>setAnchorPoint() on your road map but is there some reason why ...
(SOLVED)How can we send int parameter to the class
I want to send point variable to the any class from main as a parameter, ...
(SOLVED)MouseEvent Problem
I have 2 classes named "Bird" and "Target". They both have mouse events. If the ...
scope of code loaded using loadstring or dofile
As the title suggests, what would be the scope of the code loaded using loadstring ...
black screen when return from game center
I used game center in some of my game,however,sometimes it just show black screen ...
Can there be the glLookAt option?
This one for you Atilim, while OpenGL ES is the basis for the framework, is ...
Texturepacker questions
Hi, I have a few questions about the Gideros texture packer. They relate to the attached ...
Most efficient way to move objects?
Hey guys, I am currently making a runner game with Gideros, I am using the class ...
Filling a shape with a texture
Hi, I had a quick question about using a texture to fill a shape. My ...
Dive a bit deeper into Lua
Here is an Article I wrote, http://howto.oz-apps.com/2012/04/lua-riff-source-code-and-bytecode.html For the advanced users here that already know ...
Inheritance troubles
I am able to inherit a value "hunger" from a parent class (Animal) and see ...
Font Questions
Trying to figure out some best practices for fonts in Gideros and I have a ...
how to set mass of a body?
Hey, how to set the mass of a body? all i can find is :getMass() but ...
Question about permission if I create a Lua Coder using loadString()
Hello, I have some basic code that uses loadString() to run it, but my question ...
scenemanager and managing memory
Some VERY basic questions below, but I'd like to check my understanding of scenemanager as ...
Maximum texture size?
Would loading a large texture/bitmap (1516x1516) break older devices or does Gideros handle ...
Fast Android Emulation
Hello, I have got android x86 installed in a virtual machine to get fast android emulation http://www.andreybutov.com/2011/10/14/how-to-set-up-a-faster-android-emulator/ Unfortunately ...
kindle fire crash / reboot
I noticed that an app I'm working on will completely crash and force reboot my ...
Make editor font bigger
(In OSX) CMD - makes the editor font smaller, CMD + does not make the ...
Emulator (Player on desktop machine)
Is there any way for your GiderOS app to detect if it is running in ...
Help compiling the iOS Player
I've installed the latest 12.2.2 version of the Studio and I'm trying to build the ...
Hi I'am new user
HI I'am a C.... user right know and I want to try with Gideros. I want ...
Default Icon
Noticed that the default icon has changed, it looks more like a plug-in icon. How ...
Compilation script
One of the softwares that I never liked to work with ever was Eclipse, I ...