Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat
General questions - Gideros Forum

General questions

Post your programming and hardware related topics here, such as Lua, Gideros API, devices an deployment
Discussion
Started By
Replies
Views
Most Recent
GidHelix my first game made using Gideros Studio is Here!!!! :)
Just finished my first game "GidHelix" (made with Gideros) i started it like and exercise to ...
Additional Examples - Non Gaming Applications
Gideros, I know your system is focused on gaming applications, but you might be able to ...
Looking for Comicbook Help
Hi, I'm new here, and I was wondering if anyone could direct me to some ...
centre on player
Hi, I have a tiled map that I can move players around on. I want ...
sprite:AddChildAt... sprite:RemoveChildAr... sprite:setVisible and my "paranoid" optimizations ;)
hi! in my particle engine i'm using a fixed array (to avoid insert and remove ...
Automatic Z ordering will it support Automatic Z ordering in Tile maps? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In4LqpjAWcM
How to retrieve the seperate rotation values from the gyroscope?
When I read up the documentation of using the gyroscope, i think that there is ...
Oh-another-weekly-update! :) http://www.giderosmobile.com/blog/2012/01/26/gideros-weekly-update-3/
Port your Gideros Android App to the Blackberry Playbook
Hi folks, in another community I participate in, I stumbled over this information about how to ...
Select tile in tilemap
Hi, I am having a real hard time figuring out how to get the tile ...
White screen in ElephantBath
Hello, If you start ElephantBath (Gideros game) and go to page 2 (girl on het knees ...
Tiled Map
Hi, I am trying to access the tile properties in a map that has exported ...
Can cyclic reference cause memory leaks?
Hello all, I was looking for a solution, to handle multiple animations (multiple movie clips) for ...
Tiled Map - Offset Drawing
Hi, I the tiled editor, you can also have an x,y drawing offset. Can this ...
Multiplayer Anybody...
So Does anybody know how to do multiplayer with This imma noob so i don't ...
Opacity mask
Hi, everyone. Is it possible to make opasity mask for sprites in gideros? Something similar to ...
SpiteGroups Class Documentation
I see a SpriteGroups Class in the IDE suggestion list, but couldn't find any documentation ...
A new Gideros Studio beta with plugin support is here!
Folks, the waiting is over. Atilim & Deniz have packaged the latest and greatest Gideros ...
Center TextField Hi, Anyone know how i can center a textfield? setAnchorPoint does not work.
GTween Oncomplete
Hi, What am I doing wrong to get the complete event when a tween finishes. ...
Best Solution for Lite & Full version
Hi, In planning my application, is there a recommended way in implementing a lite and ...
PVR texture support in Gideros?
Hi All, Just wondering if PVR texture compression is supported in Gideros for iOS? Also ...
Drag Map and Sprite issue
Hi, I have a little issue that I could use some assistance with (sorry at ...
command line tools
Can I trigger the player to run from the command line? What arguments does Gideros ...
SoundChannel:stop() don't stop always...
hey guys i'm "fine tuning" my game but some time SoundChannel:stop() dosn't stop the sound... i double ...
problem with file:read
Hello, I have started coding the save/load functions of our game, but i encountered a problem, ...
Q: Physics eventlisteners on sprites?
So I've been playing with the "Collision Detection" project using physics for collisions but having ...
setRotation on a physics body?
Looking through the physics samples I noticed the enterFrame function seems to ensure that the ...
Title screen to Game screen
Wow! My game is almost done! Which means, of course, I spend almost as much ...
Lua question
hey guys! what are differences from declaring function in lua between this two: 1) local dummy = ...