Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat
General questions - Gideros Forum

General questions

Post your programming and hardware related topics here, such as Lua, Gideros API, devices an deployment
Discussion
Started By
Replies
Views
Most Recent
How to access proximity,gyroscope, and other sensors on Android?
I could not find in the reference manual a method to access: - proximity sensor - magentometer - ...
App updates
Hello all, I have a question about app updates. Usually in Android apps, when we wanted ...
Horizontal Scroll Menu
Hello, I have just started working with the Gideros Platform and so far it's great :) ...
Gideros Android: App doesn't run (Official android firmware problem?)**SOLVED
Hi, i'm developing for android, and i have a problem. When i export the project to eclipse ...
How do i display fps
Hi, i want to test performance of my game. How do i display fps on ...
Stop Gideros Player from sleeping on iOS
The Gideros player app on iOS sleeps after some idle time on the iPhone/iPad. It's ...
Get screen density
I would like to have a function to access screen density of the device. In ...
How can we get time in mili-second
Now, I use os.time(), but it gives me full second only. About os.clock(), it's seem ...
getLogicalWidth() and getLogicalHeight()
Hi, I've seen elsewhere (I think it was @atilim) say that, even if you're designing for ...
Turning off autocomplete :)
Sorry for all the posts over the last few days, I'm trying to piece things ...
Automatic Scaling Question
Hi, Playing with Gideros for the first time today. After the frustrating experience of installing Eclipse ...
Neon Command - Video
Hi folks, as Görkem wanted to see a video of my game "Neon Command", here it ...
What plugin/functionality would you like to see next?
Hi, for the devs who like to create plugins for Gideros, I would like get info ...
again memory leak in my code... but why...
sorry but i can't understand why there is a memory leak in this little code: collectgarbage() s ...
Lua question...
sorry guys i need a little help... i'm not an expert in Lua coding but why in ...
Who is working on which plugins?
Hi folks, is anyone here (besides Atilim) working on a plugin for Gideros? If yes, what ...
Hello
Hi, Although I've already posted in General questions, I thought I should introduce myself. My name's ...
Does shape:set work?
During a tween that sizes a sprite, I want to set the position of the ...
Problem with removing a fixture and world event listeners
Hi Atilim, during a frame, I remove the fixture and the body of a sprite: local body ...
Is it possible to detect a hitTestPoint on a movieclip item?
On single image items doing this :- function onMouseDown(self, event) print ("yep, you touched me") if self:hitTestPoint(event.x, event.y) ...
Identifying platform
Is there a way to identify platform application currently runs on. Meaning, is it Android ...
Deploying on device options
Hello all, I'm mostly windows user and was testing apps on Android, my colleague was the ...
Is it possible to detect a collision between two sensors?
I have two items on screen that I move around using gtween. I move the ...
Box2D editor
Hi, Is there a Box2D editor for Gideros? I mean where you can draw a shape ...
TiledMap: some questions
Hi, Im testing tmxmap samples, and i have some questions: 1. is tsx file supported? 2. when creating ...
Idiotic question regarding Movieclip
I'm using movieclip. The problem I am finding is that if I try and call ...
How can I test application without IDE
I'm a fan of notepad++ and command-line. So, when I finish coding with notepad++ and ...
Any Plugin Tutorials?
Hi Has anyone come up with a tutorial on writing a basic plugin? I understand how you ...
NSDictionary to Lua Table
Hopefully my last plugin stumbling block. Sending a table of data back to Lua from ...
Tutorial: The difference between a . and a : when declaring functions in Lua
This is one from the series of tutorials available on our site, many of the ...