Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat
General questions - Gideros Forum

General questions

Post your programming and hardware related topics here, such as Lua, Gideros API, devices an deployment
Discussion
Started By
Replies
Views
Most Recent
TNT Particles Engine Beta 2 new Video and Official Site started!!!
Hi guys just opened official site of my Particle engine at http://tntparticlesengine.com/ (try it... it's not finished ...
Get keyboard input? Is it possible to get keyboard input?
Drawing Arcs
Here's a widget that I'm nearly done with for drawing Arcs, which also mean you ...
Absence of scene tree hierarchy
Is it possible to create sprites which have the same level of hierarchy within a ...
/Users/atilim/myprojects/gideros/ios/iosplayer/giderosapi.mm
I'm trying to make a plugin and I followed the instructions on the Ultimate Guide. ...
Landscape on Honeycomb Question
This may be a bug or it may be something wrong with my code. ...
Access to the members of a TextureRegion structure
Is it possible to get access to the members (elements?) of the object / structure ...
Does Shape:clear() remove stage objects too?
I have drawn multiple lines, added those to stage and after some time I cleared ...
game demo sources
I am reluctant to post asking about anything since I know atilim already works real ...
Speed of Texture loading
I'm new to Gideros and evaluating whether I can jump ship from Corona SDK over ...
Help! Why Doesn't This Work? (setColorTransform)
Can someone tell me why this for loop code doesn't make a visible color transform? local ...
stage is a global, right?
So, stage is a global. In that case, if I'm running singleton classes for things ...
iPad 3 and art assets
Been thinking about this a lot recently as it increasingly looks likely that the iPad ...
I want to split 4 screen...for multiplayer game I want to split 4 screen...for multiplayer game gideros can do it? thank you
setScale and setColorTrasform speed... (slowness?)
it's normal that this 2 funcs are really slow on armv6 device (ex. iPod 2^gen) ...
TestFlight question
Sorry for this stupid question. A friend of mine reported: His device had been jailbroken. After he ...
Cropping Question
I was playing around with the cropping settings and screen sizes and came up with ...
Scaling a background for different devices
I am trying to draw a background image in an app that should run on ...
Transparent Gideros Logo Question
I'm planning on putting the Gideros Mobile logo on my splash screen even once I've ...
Object Clean Up
Some of this is specific to Gideros and some might be related to lua in ...
Overlapped calls (esp. texture loading) via plugin
Following on from my recent thread "Speed of Texture Loading" I thought I'd try and ...
IDE - Expansion
I use text expanding tools for commonly used snippets, it is easier and faster, however ...
access instance in array
Hi, I' modifying jumpballs. I want to place my ball instances in an array and control ...
SceneManager issues
I've been trying to use the SceneManager to fade between two scenes. Unfortunately it's ...
Placing your app in the Newsstand
Did you get a chance to see this post? http://howto.oz-apps.com/2012/03/place-your-app-in-newsstand.html You can easily set it ...
Learning Box2d and Lua
I'm starting from scratch and trying to figure out how to do some simple things ...
Help with rectangle intersection code
Hi guys, I'd been using a collision detection function for rotated rectangles - original code: http://forums.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=63710 ...
Automatic Screen Scaling
I have a little trouble with a letterbox automatic screen scaling. I develop my game on ...
Checking if a sound channel is playing
Hi I've written some code that checks if a sound channel's position is 0 or at ...
Notification of system evnts
Just wondering. Are there any event type notifications that are triggered when system events occur. In particular ...