Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat
General questions - Gideros Forum

General questions

Post your programming and hardware related topics here, such as Lua, Gideros API, devices an deployment
Discussion
Started By
Replies
Views
Most Recent
Notification of system evnts
Just wondering. Are there any event type notifications that are triggered when system events occur. In particular ...
apple dev account. iPod (2^nd gen armv6) problems. (SOLVED)
hi! i just reactivated my old apple dev subscription. added my ipad an all ok. compiled gideros ...
iSimulate and Gideros iPhone Player in iOS Simulator - It Works!
Just FYI: I have iSimulate which I use with Xcode, so after downloading Gideros Studio (2.2.1), ...
Font size in code editor?
I really like the code editor in principal, but the default font is really extremely ...
A comparison of Frameworks for Android Developers
Hi, there is a guest post at oz-apps on this topic by one of the ...
Does Application:setOrientation not work in the simulator? Hi Atilim, does Application:setOrientation not work in the desktop simulator? Michael
For those that are testing the waters
If you have worked with the Mexican Beer version, the CSDK, then here's a list ...
New, shiny, awesome, wonderful Gideros Studio 2012.2 is released! :)
Hi Giderosians, We officially released Gideros Studio 2012.2. Check our following blog: http://www.giderosmobile.com/blog/2012/02/07/new-shiny-gideros-studio-2012-2-here/ Or, see the official ...
lua "lpeg.so" module
Hey folks, I got moonscript up and running on my machine, with some help of the ...
How is the performance with large tile based games?
Hello, I'm looking for a fast cross platform SDK. Now I've heard corona SDK has some ...
Double Linked list and optimization...
hey guys!!! in my particle engine i'm trying to optimize at my best to try to ...
Decompilation
I know this is not an issue of Gideros, but Lua, the compiler luac compiles ...
rotate sprite and body
Hi. I try to rotate my gameplay (checker board and all checkers) around center of board ...
Will Timer.delayedCall continue to work?
Hi. I've just found Gideros this week and have been playing about with it. I'm ...
Kwik and Gideros
Some people have asked about Kwik (http://www.kwiksher.com) availability for Gideros and I want to know ...
How to "mix" Gideros and Eclipse codes??
Hi, how i can "mix" the gideros code with my code in eclipse?? I have two questions.. I ...
setBlendFunc help.
yes i know it's not documented yet but for my particle engine i really need ...
what's the best way to play an animation and do something?
what's the best to play an animation and do some action at a specified frame? ...
Performance of Gideros Player vs. Exported App
I'm curious, is there any documentation or benchmarks relating the performance of the Gideros Player ...
Crowd Sourcing - Beer Compatibility Layer
Hi, You might be aware that I am working on the compatibility layer for another ...
Ipad Player become white after interrupt
Hi, I've got this issue since version 2011.9 beta8. And the same for 2012.2 When playing, ...
newbie - display library for lua - getting error
Newbie question - I loaded up an example that starts with: Img_knob - display.newImage("knob.png") and I ...
Modifying ar2rsawseen's great slider code?
Hi all, As a newbie programmer (designer of 20+ years) I can manage only fairly rudimentary ...
Communicating from Lua to Cocoa and back?
I'm curious if it is possible for the Lua portion of the code to run ...
Center TextField Hi, Anyone know how i can center a textfield? setAnchorPoint does not work.
I will have to say goodbye for a little bit :(
Guys, I hate to do this but I have no other choice but to use ...
hitTestPoint alpha?
Curious if there's any way currently to work out if the point touched on a ...
adding new children and artifacts
How would one go about adding a child to the stage without it first blinking ...
Any lua experts - creating instance of class from variable
OK, that's not a great title for this thread but here goes. I'd like to ...
using Native Widgets mixed with OpenGL on Android
Is it possible to use native widgets mixed in with OpenGL ? I ask because ...