Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat
General questions - Gideros Forum

General questions

Post your programming and hardware related topics here, such as Lua, Gideros API, devices an deployment
Discussion
Started By
Replies
Views
Most Recent
Example of b2.DebugDraw.new()
I'm trying to get b2.DebugDraw.new() working with the example "Physics Collisions", but having no success.Can someone ...
Box2D Gideros code
Today I was checking out the physics example "Collision Detection", the scene with two falling boxes. ...
Destroying physics objects
If I nil out or replace the b2.world that I have stored, will the rest ...
Dragging body in b2
Hello Sorry for the very noob question: could someone publish an example of how to drag ...
Any documentation on using the ide? Specifically, I am looking for code completion and things like that if they exist. Cheers Mike
is scene transitions supported?
gideros is a greate tools for making mobile games, it's easy and fast. I made a ...
Changing sprite bimap on the fly
OK I give. I want to change the main player sprite image on the fly ...
Is Gideros compatible with Color Nook and Kindle Fire?
I believe it shouldn't be a problem building for then Kindle Fire, but building for the ...
Getting the normal from a collision
I'm rolling a ball around on EdgeShapes, could use triangles as well if that would ...
GTween (scale, rotation)
I've been trying out GTween. I got an image to fade in and out. Is there ...
Android image folders
Do I treat scaled images(ex. image.png, image@2x.png) the same on Android as I do for ...
About scaling fonts
I started to use Gideros just a few days ago and I loved it. I have ...
URL's and different ports
is it possible to use different tcp-ip ports? like (502, Modbus etc.) so it seems ...
hwo to use Gamecenter any code snippets
How do I set the maximum Touch events?
With the example "Touch Explorer" you can have five dots or 5 touches. If you touch ...
Android and Gideros are looking good!
I've been testing Android today with very good results. All scaling is working and the Multi-touch ...
building for android
I have exported a sample app in to an android project. I see all the ...
Display a Texture Pack as two separate objects
The game has two score digits, a left and right. With the code below, everything ...
Distribution of 3rd Party Plugins
Gideros, To better answer other people's questions, would it be possible to develop Gideros plugins and ...
Gideros for non-game apps?
Hi, I'm evaluating cross-platform (Android/iOS) frameworks with the intention of eventually developing both games as ...
Virtual keyboard? Anyone know how to show virtual keyboard or to create a text box in Gideros? Thanks!
GPS Documentation
Can we get an update to the Gideros API Documentation with your latest and greatest? ...
Subscription Questions: Jupiter & Milky Way
What's the Jupiter and Milky Way subscription packages? Response from Gideros: Gideros Studio is a free to ...
Mouse and Touch Events with Scaling
I thought Mouse and Touch Events worked with @2x scaling, but I never tested. So, here ...
Adding this code will use iOS auto Orientation (UPDATE)
What this code will do is automatically rotate screen via iOS built in Orientation. This is ...
Box2D Debugging Is there a Box2D "b2DebugDraw" Function? It displays only the outlines of the objects for testing.
Font Scaling?
I've been using the Screen Scaling functionality for iPhone/iPad using image@2x.png, which is working great, but ...
Setting for Master Volume?
Is there a way to change the audio volume for all sounds, like a master ...
Update Documentation - iOS specific.
Hi I have been going thru the Documentation of the API and as a NEW user ...
How to get the Path of a File
In corona I used this to find get the file path: local path = system.pathForFile( ...