Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat
General questions - Gideros Forum

General questions

Post your programming and hardware related topics here, such as Lua, Gideros API, devices an deployment
Discussion
Started By
Replies
Views
Most Recent
Hi I'am new user
HI I'am a C.... user right know and I want to try with Gideros. I want ...
Default Icon
Noticed that the default icon has changed, it looks more like a plug-in icon. How ...
Compilation script
One of the softwares that I never liked to work with ever was Eclipse, I ...
I have rough setAnchorPoints working for Shapes as well
Here is the rough renderation of the Display Library that can be part of the ...
[solved] Sprites don't parent
Somehow I just don't get it... I have three Sprites: Group, sprite1, sprite2 Group is en empty ...
2012.2.2 and Android back button.
1st. thanks to Gideros team for the update. then, with the new player 2012.2.2 if i ...
How does globalToLocal and localToGlobal really work?
Hi folks, I have a problem understanding Sprite:globalToLocal and Sprite:localToGlobal. Here is the code: local ns = ...
Gideros getPixel
Hello, I noticed a Dib class (with new, and getPixel) when I printed out the global ...
[solved] shape - visual intersection issues
I'm drawing a shape. Each time the shape intersects / overlaps with itself it inverts ...
removeChild from stage
I have several Sprites inside stage.__children["userdata ..."] and they are nested in each other... like ...
old URLLoader and new UrlLoader
Hi, With the release of 2012.2.2, we've removed the URLLoader class and introduced a new one: ...
problem with shape position
guys see the below code what i am doing wrong or why it is not ...
What does "Now it's possible to enable/disable automatic execution of Lua files from IDE" mean?
That is listed as a feature for 2012.2.2 for the IDE. I don't see ...
Fail to build with Xcode 4.3.2
Hi, After updating XCode to 4.3.2, I can not build project anymore. I do not know ...
What's that problem?
The project used to be work well on the device. Today,It just exit on launch. 03-27 22:12:31.918: ...
Using system fonts?
In this thread @atilim mentions we can't use system fonts. http://www.giderosmobile.com/forum/discussion/comment/2040#Comment_2040 I checked the roadmap and didn't ...
Default font is tiny on iPhone 4
Is it possible to change the size of the default font? It's too tiny ...
Elasticity - Invisible Rope effect
I had made a sample for the other Framework that demonstrated this effect, I just ...
Detect Blowing into Mic
I am thinking of a game idea that involves detecting user input through blowing into ...
please explain how to work with accelerometer
hello, I am totally new and I am trying to figure out how to respond ...
Beginner: How to add Application Icon for iPad app?
It is my understanding that there must be a PNG named iTunesArtwork (without extension) for ...
suggestion about iOS setting
Hi I think these two options: Retina Display should be Enable and Autorotation should be ...
disc noise when run games in iPhone simulator on macbook pro
hi Have you noticed when run the games in the iPhone or iPad simulator,the disc ...
New version: Gideros Studio 2012.2.1
Hi Giderosians, We've released a new version, 2012.2.1: http://www.giderosmobile.com/download Here's the release notes: http://www.giderosmobile.com/DevCenter/index.php/Release_notes As you see, ...
Where is the sandbox stored for the player on OSX?
I need to delete a saved file in it. So where does the Gideros Player ...
Monitoring Memory Usage
I'm looking for advice/techniques on how to monitory memory usage of a gideros project. Currently ...
gideros player exit
when use storage is turned on, and click start to run in player installed on ...
Loading the same image in diferent positions
I'm building a board game and i need to load the same image several times: I ...
Not enough memory
Hi, When my game is started (in windows gideros player), I've receive a message in output ...