Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat
General questions - Gideros Forum

General questions

Post your programming and hardware related topics here, such as Lua, Gideros API, devices an deployment
Discussion
Started By
Replies
Views
Most Recent
Permissions
The default permissions could be scary to users since it includes GPS location, external storage, ...
Can openURL open a web page with no address bar?
Is it possible to open a web page using openURL() without the browser showing the ...
Can we have many games in one apk?
My friends developing an apk in eclips for android and they wanted to use my ...
Working with different resolutions & tilemaps
Hi all, I was after some advice on whether it's best to use a large background ...
Bitmap Fonts
I am currently using a bitmap font but I want to create my own with ...
Can you use GTween on physics bodies?
I'm trying to tween a physics body into place on screen, after which I would ...
WWDC tickets on sale now
If you want to go to Apple's developer conference buy tickets right now. They ...
about EventDispatcher
Is the EventDispatcher avaiable in the listener function currently? not passed as data. EventDispatcher:addEventListener(type, listener, data) for ...
Mac or Windows Which one is better to develop games with Gideros ?
Bitmap setPosition off?
Hello! I am brand new to Gideros and lua programming for that matter as well. ...
Use of LevelHelper, PhysicsEditor &Co?
Hello, I very recently got started with app dev, just incorporated above programs into workflow ...
Small question about Garbage collection
In a lot of the code snippets I have seen there are multiple calls to ...
How to POST an image to Twitter by gideros UrlLoader api
twitter api have a post a tweet with media, the api document url is : https://dev.twitter.com/docs/api/1/post/statuses/update_with_media "" Your ...
Loading a TTF font
The function TTFont.new() helps load up a custom font from TTF rather than having to ...
HittestPoint Issue
In my game , the stones are sent and if it hits the bird , ...
Find the width of a Textfield?
Is it possible to find the width of a Textfield after it has been set ...
Filehandling question =)
Hey, if i do this 2 times: Texture.new("gfx/test.png") is then the graphic loaded 2 times? or is it loaded ...
In the works... camera functions for Gideros
Starting with a demo to show you screen zoomIn and zoomOut, this is rather very ...
Cool Title FX
Playing with GiderosStudio is like mining in the ground, you might be digging for a ...
feature suggestion
easing function is a great feature for making animation, it would be much better ...
Basic question about transferring app to phone
Hi, I'm a producer/designer working with a group of programming students to make a game. I ...
Can I make a Multiplayer Online Trading Card Game with Gideros Studio?
I'm hoping Gideros Studio can provide me with the functionality I need to create a ...
New to GiderosStudio? Miss the *One Line of Code* framework?
Welcome to Gideros, and if you have been looking for similarities between the one line ...
Android plugin example
Is there any available? There is everything needed for IOS, but for Android version needs ...
Android java plugin
Hey is there any sample code that shows how to make an android java plugin? I've ...
MarketPlace - Custom Control - Sliding Bar
I guess we need a separate section for Market Place. I have a Custom Control ...
Where's the bug list?
I do not want to set off creation of issues/bugs that duplicate what's already noted. ...
GiderosPlayer resolutions for the new iPad
I am sure this will be a top feature in the next release, right? Then ...
Distribute your source code in bytecode
I have a blog post at http://howto.oz-apps.com/2012/04/make-lua-custom-libraries-secure-your.html that talks a little about lua bytecode and ...