Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat
General questions - Gideros Forum

General questions

Post your programming and hardware related topics here, such as Lua, Gideros API, devices an deployment
Discussion
Started By
Replies
Views
Most Recent
Communication with other devices
Hello, Since Gideros is more for games, I guess it would make sense to ease up ...
eta for 2.2.2.1
Like the title said. I would like to know if it will be out next ...
Box2d and Animated Sprite
I didn't see any examples of creating a box2d body and adding an animated sprite ...
The proper way to clear a parent group and prevent memory leaks?
I was wondering how do you clear your parent groups to prevent memory leaks? As a ...
Getting hold of real directory names
I know I've read somewhere that you didn't want to allow access to to the ...
Gideros Player in Linux
Just out of idle curiosity, I dug out an old laptop, installed Ubuntu 11.10 and ...
what happened to IAP for android?
After much researching, I could only find IAP for IOS, I remember a conversation way ...
GiderosiPhonePlayer and Retina resolution
Hi, I've just installed the GiderosiPhonePlayer via XCode. My graphics (background, etc) are all Retina display ...
user feedback for StoreKit:canMakePayments failure
Hello, What message is more appropriate to show to the user when StoreKit:canMakePayments return false? other StoreKit ...
Box2d Body collision force detection
Hi, I am testing Gideros box2d APIs. So I have many objects that collide with each other ...
Save Sprites as images?
In Beer, you can save a collection of sprites as an image. Can this also ...
How do you copy a binary file?
I want to copy a binary file from the resource area to the document area ...
how to dispatch an event in a delegate in plugin ?
I'm writing a very simple plugin, and it's just a copy of gamekit.mm and ...
adding/removing children and memory usage
Hi, I've decided to do a simple test to understand if there is a memory leak ...
Push notifications
Hi. Were in the starting phase of writing a turnbased multiplayer puzzle game and have been ...
Physics? Questions
I have two questions I have been stumped with and I am sure they are ...
property callback ? any better approach for the following feature ? http://blog.anscamobile.com/2012/05/tutorial-property-callbacks/
file exists
is there a better way for check if a file exists in lua ? ...
How to use high resolution png file textures
Hi everyone, I have been looking around for a solution to my problem, but I cant ...
Playing sound continuously using math.huge as loop count does not work?
I read in this forum that to play a sound in an endless loop, use ...
Permissions
The default permissions could be scary to users since it includes GPS location, external storage, ...
Can openURL open a web page with no address bar?
Is it possible to open a web page using openURL() without the browser showing the ...
Can we have many games in one apk?
My friends developing an apk in eclips for android and they wanted to use my ...
Working with different resolutions & tilemaps
Hi all, I was after some advice on whether it's best to use a large background ...
Bitmap Fonts
I am currently using a bitmap font but I want to create my own with ...
Can you use GTween on physics bodies?
I'm trying to tween a physics body into place on screen, after which I would ...
WWDC tickets on sale now
If you want to go to Apple's developer conference buy tickets right now. They ...
about EventDispatcher
Is the EventDispatcher avaiable in the listener function currently? not passed as data. EventDispatcher:addEventListener(type, listener, data) for ...
Mac or Windows Which one is better to develop games with Gideros ?