Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
App finder, check better if my idea has already made — Gideros Forum

App finder, check better if my idea has already made

gaboritalygaboritaly Member
edited July 2012 in General questions
Hi guys,
Is there a software or a website where I can check, in more detail, perhaps games divided by different categories, or search option(box2d , maze , or other things, etc.. ) for both iOS and android?
And not just the usual categories listed in the appstore.
I already had to give up a few play because it's already been done. :(
Every time I've done long research in the appstore, and already happened multiple times to find one equal to my idea, and discover by chance after weeks, having to give up my idea.
You know that the iOS market is saturated, but if some programs are incomplete and with poor quality you can always try to make a better one, except if the dea is precisely that, and well done.

Thank you so much for any help

Dislikes: GoniX

+1 -1 (+0 / -1 )Share on Facebook

Comments

• ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
    Good question

Actually there was one evening where me and friends where brainstorming about app ideas, and checked the Appstore, and it seem any idea we could come up (including such crazy ideas as ghost detectors, kiss-o-meters, etc) they all where on appstore.

But games are probably that kind of niche, where you can't go wrong. Even if the competitive game is great, it will someday tire the player, and player will look for something similar, but "different" (different graphics, buttons, gameplay, music, anything), just to change something, and that is when your game will come up.
  • Agreed, as they like to say there isn't a new idea for a game, just a better version. Really games tend to be close to each other in most cases, but you can always make a better version of something that exists, or a twist of your own--say a Checkers RPG game :P
    ThumbHurt Games / FB: ThumbHurt Games / FB: Eli/Teranth | Skype: teranth37
  • Thank you guys for your support,
    However as oh figured out in post of fruit ninja, do not copy the code (I haven't) and don't do exactly the same with the same settings) is correct?
    You're right @ar2rsawseen if I think well, my girlfriend likes the shopping games, only change the graphics, change the subject but the concept is always that.
    In the meantime, I found some sites that do research if you need:

https://www.quixey.com/
    http://labs.stephenou.com/itunes/