Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
how to integrate gideros code into ipad — Gideros Forum

how to integrate gideros code into ipad

loves_oiloves_oi Member
edited July 2012 in General questions
I have a working code in Gideros. I'm using Mac os x via Vmware. I have set up Xcode there.
I want gideros code to work in ipad. What should i do now?
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
    There are two ways to do it.

1. by installing Gideros player and running app through Gideros Studio
    2. by exporting the project, compiling your app in xcode and then runing it on your Ipad

http://www.giderosmobile.com/DevCenter/index.php/Deployment
  • loves_oiloves_oi Member
    edited July 2012
    İt is said in that page:
    After you deploy and open Gideros Player on your iPhone or iPad, you see the IP of your device. Enter this IP from "Player→Player Settings" menu:

1.I don't have an ipad or iphone now. Which ip should i enter ? Should i set up Gideros Studio on Virtual Machine(mac os x) and run Gideros player at this platform ? Necessary ip is obtained in this way or not?
    2.When i attemp to export Gideros project i'm taking this error:
    Inconsistent license file. Please run Gideros License Manager and update your license again.

What should i do?
    Thanks in advance.
    1. If you don't have an Ipad now, there's nothing you can do there. Only running Gideros player on Ipad you'll get the IP address of your Ipad, to which Gideros Studion will connect and send application to run.

2. In your Gideros installation folder find GiderosLicenseManager file and run it.
    Restart Gideros Studio and then try exporting project again.

;)
  • loves_oiloves_oi Member
    edited July 2012
    It is said in that link:
    Note: Currently, exported Xcode project only includes the libraries for the real device and not for the iOS Simulator.
    I exported the Gideros code. It gives me project.pbxproj .Then i copied only project.pbxproj file into to mac(i'm using Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3 thanks to the vmware). When i open project.pbxproj with Xcode , a file like a notepad is opened and i see the codes. Xcode is not opened. Can't we try the code in the xcode's ios simulator? If not , should i copy the project.pbxproj into the ipad directly?

2. Then i downloaded the Gideros Studio , and set up it in Mac OS X. There is no bar which consists of File Edit Compile Player Help above. Thus i can not do File -> Open Project . But i directly clicked the example.groj , an empty Gideros studio is opened , no file is opened. . How to do it ?

Thanks
    edited July 2012
    Sorry, not a Mac user, let's wait for any Macintosher to help you with specifics :)
  • Ok @ar2rsawseen , thanks
    I think i solved first problem. After exporting and running the Gideros file in Windows 7. I compressed the folder and send to mac via e-mail. In mac , i downloaded it and extracted , clicked example.xcodeproj , it is opened with no error then i compiled it and it runs in ios simulator. But i haven't tried it in an ipad yet .
    But what is the note's mean?:
    Note: Currently, exported Xcode project only includes the libraries for the real device and not for the iOS Simulator.
    And i have still second problem.
    Thanks
    Note means, that you won't be able to run this xcode project on an IOS simulator. Only on the real device.

And about second problem. It's probably a Mac specific, some setting which only shows window header on hover, or attaches window header to somewhere.
  • atilimatilim Maintainer
    edited July 2012
    "Note: Currently, exported Xcode project only includes the libraries for the real device and not for the iOS Simulator."

It's not true anymore. We provide ARM and i386 binaries for a long time. Where did you see it? So that I can delete it.
  • yes i confirm what @atilim said, i can build for simulator
    have fun with our games~
    http://www.nightspade.com