Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
What's the process to go from a Flash animated intro (not talking about game sprite) to Gideros? — Gideros Forum

What's the process to go from a Flash animated intro (not talking about game sprite) to Gideros?

harlock74harlock74 Member
edited August 2012 in General questions
Hi everyone,
quick question with probably not too quick of an answer... I come from an Adobe Flash background and would like to know what is the usual process to go from a Flash animated intro, to one that can be used on an app made with Gideros. For example, the game SpyMouse uses a very nice intro animation the first time you run the game. You can see an example on youtube: This video shows the intro and then the "Play" menu of the game.

How is this done? Looking at the API, I see the texture pack, movieclip, etc... but seems like a very complicated way to build an intro animation... Specially if the intro is build in Flash, then having to pull all the assets out to "code the animation again" in Gideros!??!! I understand if this was a character animation as part of the game itself, say from standing to jumping, or fighting with a sword, but for a whole intro?.... is this the only way it can be done?

I'm trying to understand how certain things get done in the "real world" before making certain decisions for my project.

Appreciate your comments. Thanks!

Comments

• techdojotechdojo Guru
    Accepted Answer
    Flash is a vector engine so you could write your own code to use the gideros shape functions to render your intro, you could also write your own "timeline" code to provide some animation as well (tweening, scripting etc).

In the "old days" arcade game would take a simple data driven approach where by you would "script" the animation by hand, moving images around, starting effects, displaying text etc - all of this is handled internally by the flash IDE, unfortunately Gideros doesn't have anything like this so unless you create this tool (or some kind of flash exporter) (or @GregBUG does) then your limited to creating your animations by hand and scripting them yourself.
    WhiteTree Games - Home, home on the web, where the bits and bytes they do play!
    #MakeABetterGame! "Never give up, Never NEVER give up!" - Winston Churchill
  • I just found a simple but clever way to do that from C*SDK's web

http://developer.coronalabs.com/code/animation-along-path-flash
    +1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • Thank you for your answers... very helpful.
  • That's a neat hack - basically having flash trace it's output as it performs the animation. I wonder if that could be used to export shape data as well?

I seem to remember a few projects that used inkscape to generate SVG files that could be used as levels, I wonder how feasible it would be to generate character animations that way and convert the SVG to a set of Gideros shapes??

Resolution independent game resources...

Oh render to texture - where for art thou? :)
    WhiteTree Games - Home, home on the web, where the bits and bytes they do play!
    #MakeABetterGame! "Never give up, Never NEVER give up!" - Winston Churchill