Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
What are you working on? (Screenshots) — Gideros Forum

What are you working on? (Screenshots)

I thought that it would be nice to have a thread dedicated to get an insight into what Gideros developers are working on.
I'm looking forward to seeing your participation.

Here is mine.

Game - iPad

Release Expected before august 10th for the iPad

Note : @techdojo 100% iPad -> Procreate
twitter@TheWindApps Artful applications : The Wind Forest. #art #japan #apps
+1 -1 (+8 / -0 )Share on Facebook

Comments

• @Mells - Drool.... Man you are one TALENTED artist!
    I'm going to try and get some sketching practice done with procreate when I'm holiday but nothing (and I repeat NOTHING) in your class!

WhiteTree Games - Home, home on the web, where the bits and bytes they do play!
    #MakeABetterGame! "Never give up, Never NEVER give up!" - Winston Churchill
    +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • TeranthTeranth Member
    edited July 2012
    @mells I like this idea heh, you asked for it. Here are a few of the projects I am working on currently :)

Save The Dinos
    --Another game aimed at kids where you protect a sleeping dinosaur baby from raptors by tossing rocks at them until it wakes up heh.
    Pixel Piggy
    --An upcoming platforming game about a Guniea Pig, also my first test of my platforming engine that's in the works--assuming it works well I will probably be releasing it as a template as I think a lot of newbies want to make Mario anyway heh
    Hex Rendering Engines
    --Samples from engines I am building to render hextile maps, mostly for use in a defense game and a space strategy game. (I might release them as templates, but I still think @atilim will be releasing better tile map support and he can certainly make them more efficient then I can at this point. :)
    imageimage
    Tree Fall
    --An example/sample game I am building to test out @GregBug's awesome TNT Animator system--and it is very nice for those that haven't looked into it, I was lucky enough to be a beta tester.

Well that's a few of them anyway, have a lot more going on, but those are my fun projects at the moment.

Eli
    save_the_dinos_title.png
    480 x 320 - 100K
    pixel_piggy_play.png
    480 x 320 - 37K
    tree_fall_test.png
    320 x 480 - 102K
    hex_engine2_test.png
    320 x 480 - 12K
    hex_engine_test.png
    320 x 480 - 12K

ThumbHurt Games / FB: ThumbHurt Games / FB: Eli/Teranth | Skype: teranth37
    +1 -1 (+4 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • jenotscomjenotscom Member
    edited July 2012

MashBalls

Genre: Arcade/Puzzle

While playing pinball, did you ever wanted to control the ball using your magical powers?
    In new Mashballs game you can do that.
    Including: collecting points, overcoming obstacles, accelerate on super bouncers, switching gravity and even using magnetic fields from your own finger tips, all to smash some mocking balls.
    Will it be helpful or not, that's completely different question.

Release date: 1st of July (yeah, I know, I'm behind my schedule :) )
    Mashballs_main.jpg
    816 x 539 - 307K
    Mashhballs_screen.jpg
    816 x 539 - 317K

+1 -1 (+3 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • SPDAppsSPDApps Member
    edited July 2012
    wow im like the only one here that sucks at making art lol :-((
  • TeranthTeranth Member
    edited July 2012
    @sdapps Haha hardly I have a team :) I dont draw much these days..
  • ScouserScouser Guru
    edited July 2012
    @SPDApps trust me, I'm probably worse than you at drawing my own graphics. What we need is a pool of artists to supply graphics and a pool of musicians and sfx designers to complement the coding talent :)
  • Sounds like your on a recruitment drive there @Scouser
  • denizdeniz Maintainer
    @Mells it looks amazing. I am very impressed and curious...

@teranth dinos are the kids best friends! Is it an diplopdicus?
  • It's nice to see your projects.

@techdojo, @deniz Thank you! And you know, without a solid and easy to use framework, I would never be so close to release this app. I can focus on the art part and it feels great.
    (Hopefully it won't lag!)
  • avoavo Member
    @Mells you could have a hit on your hands with such stylistic artwork that really sets you apart! What kind of game is it going to be, like gameplay wise?
  • @deniz The one in the photo above is a baby Iguanodon I believe, but we intend to have quite a few different types of baby dinosaurs to save once the game is ready to go :) -- Including of course a Diplodocus :)
  • Hi, am working on different games. This was the first one. I tried this example on Corona SDK, Cocos2D, Moai + Rapanui and Gideros Mobile. Important for me were facts like Physics, Sprites, user interface, help and test facilities. So I dicided to stick with Gideros. In this sample you can shoot a ball and it will end up somewhere on the bottom floor. I have only experience with Xcode/Cocoa games build with UIKit (check www.crappdesign.com).
    CM_Test.png
    958 x 637 - 422K

+1 -1 (+3 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • We're on the 4th week of Cerberus: The Puppy project.
    It's a fun & cute puzzle game for kids and casual gamers. Your mission is to make way for Cerberus to get the orbs to return back to his boss Hades, using several tools (till now we have 7 tools in total).

Expected to finish in 3 more weeks :D
    cerberus.png
    480 x 355 - 143K

+1 -1 (+4 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • denizdeniz Maintainer
    @Teranth : yayyy! My girls favorite is Diplodocus:)

@jenotscom : looks very interesting.

@phongtt : Looks fun, I hope it is not very difficult:)

Thanks guys for this discussion, I am very excited with all these games coming soon...

• Super Daddio 2 a platformer that will be available for Android, iOS and OUYA. OUYA version might be 2 player co-op :D

superdaddio2.png
    478 x 338 - 52K
    +1 -1 (+7 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • TeranthTeranth Member
    edited July 2012
    @glennbjr Looks neat, can't wait to play lol

Guess I should have included the other Paper Dolls project I was working on as well. But here they are even if a tad late :P

launch_banner.png
    512 x 512 - 125K
    +1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • you could have a hit on your hands with such stylistic artwork that really sets you apart! What kind of game is it going to be, like gameplay wise?
    @avo Thank you! I don't think that it would be realistic to expect a hit from a first app, so I tried to keep things simple and use it to learn a bit of coding/Gideros.
    The game plays like "Ready Steady Bang" (that I like) and I tried to add a samurai background + a focus on art and atmosphere.

I have started a 1 player Story Mode but I don't think that it adds much to the game so I might remove it from the final release.

I still have some work to do but I'm thinking about using Testflight (never used before) in the coming weeks.
    So if any of you would like to :
    • be part of the beta testing
    • see some of the artworks (I intend to share some ipad screenshots twice a week) and little updates
    -> I have setup a mailing list (click here).
    I'm not used to share my work in progress, I'm experimenting.

@all wa, so many games that will be added to Built With Gideros :)
  • BramanikBramanik Member
    edited July 2012
    Currently unnamed puzzle game from Little Gears using Gideros and the Gideros SVG Level Builder. Hoping to release by the end of September at the earliest along with another project (see Facebook page)

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • @Bramanik neato, I can't wait to see that one in play :)
  • MellsMells Guru
    edited August 2012
    Entering beta phase soon.

I'll post more art on my website in the coming days.
    You can signup there if you want to be noticed when I'll open the beta.

->> [ Participate to the BETA ]

Character selection screen

In-game - Second player is a placeholder, another character is coming soon
    This background is WIP. Other backgrounds are planned.

Character artwork - Work in progress

Most of the art done on the iPad (in the train, on high buildings/roof in the middle of Shinjuku, coffee shop, on a boat, in a temple, etc...)

Made with Gideros :)

->> [ Participate to the BETA ]

If you know some people that might be interested, please share the screenshots with them :)

And you, what are you working on? (I'm curious)
  • @Mells
         for i=1,aReallyReallyBigNumber do
             print("I want in on the BETA - your artwork is just amazing!")
         end
    :)
  • @Mells What are you using to create the art? Looks gorgeous!
  • techdojotechdojo Guru
    edited August 2012
    @niall_obrien - @Mells uses procreate on the iPad, I just love the way he makes the art look like Japanese paintings
  • @techdojo @Mells Yeah, looks awesome. I'm just wondering how you'd animate such art using Procreate on the iPad?
  • MellsMells Guru
    edited August 2012
    @techdojo
    :) I'll contact you as soon as this enters beta (only two tasks before : learn how to save level datas in tables, and how to use Tnt Animator).

@niall_obrien
    as @techdojo said I use Procreate for two reasons : the engine is great and one of the default brushes gives me the closest exprience to what I'm used to (paint on paper with a semi dry brush).
    My use is basic : default brush, black color. You asked about the stylus (on my blog) this is a Wacom Bamboo and I'm considering the adonit jot touch but it might not be good enough, yet.

Animate? you mean export an animation from Procreate (1) or only prepare the assets and export as individuals images (and assemble in another soft)?(2)
    (2) is possible, (1) is not.

If it helps, my workflow on the ipad is that I send my work to dropbox with a pocket wifi, and files are reorganized (and resized) by hazel in the right folders on my laptop, someday in the future Gideros will be able to automatically import files in project files, and then I'll be able to test my art in Gideros Studio thanks to Splasthop more quickly (currently it takes one more step) and from very unusual places.
    I also record my drawing session with AirServer and screenflow.
  • @Mells so do you use the layers option in procreate to "onion skin" the various animation frames?

As for the saving of level data - I serialise the table to a JSON string, save it out and then read the string in, decode the JSON back to the table and your good to go - I can send you some code that does it if you want (uses a Lua JSON parser).

The good thing with that is you can see the contents of the table as a text file and make any edits you want to the text file (providing you don't break the structure) before reloading it in.

I was having a look at some of the brushes available for sale on the ProCreate shop over the weekend, looks like I'm going to be giving the developers even more money soon :) (can't complain seeing as I got ProCreate for a bargain price :))

Re. the stylus - do you recommend the Wacom Bamboo one - the (cheap) one I brought has a soft dome top and it collapses under any degree of pressure, it's like trying to draw with a blunt crayon in your fist - I wanted one with a solid tip like a pencil - is that what the Wacom one is like?
  • @techdojo
    so do you use the layers option in procreate to "onion skin" the various animation frames?
    Yes, I use layers a lot and play with opacity. If Procreate devs include a lasso tool, it will become even easier to duplicate parts to animate.

The bamboo is the same type as yours, for now I haven't found any satisfying stylus.
    I just adapted my style to the Bamboo because Wacom make great products and I needed a stylus, but there is still room for a good one. I haven't tried the Adonis series but people seem to like it (others dislike).

I'll contact you by PM when I get home so I don't monopolize space here.
  • What are you working on? :)
  • Crash Dummy an Arcade Style Action Platformer with some Puzzle elements. It's the readaption of the Console Title we did on PSP,PS2,Wii and PC. We took all the 2D graphic of the Nintendo DS unreleased version, making an upgrade for retina Display. 16 Big Levels including Some Big Bosses, hours of gameplay, VERY challenging game..(I call it a bastard game)
    IMG_2318.PNG
    960 x 640 - 750K
    IMG_2424.PNG
    960 x 640 - 768K
    +1 -1 (+7 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • Some Cutscenes images
    02.jpg
    480 x 320 - 123K
    19.jpg
    480 x 320 - 137K
    02.jpg 123.3K
    +1 -1 (+5 / -0 )Share on Facebook