I've finished implementing the next version (2012.09.7) and currently I'm doing tests. Here are the new major features:
1. Gideros Font Creator now exports in BMFont format. But the new Gideros distinguishes the old and new BMFont format and chooses the correct one automatically. Therefore, it not necessary to re-export your bitmap fonts (but it's recommended).
2. Native support for BMFont: So that there is no need to use Lua version https://github.com/gideros/BMFont
anymore and native version has these advantages:
- automatic image resolution
- unicode characters
3. Now with TTFont, it's possible to cache characters into an internal texture so that it's both easy to use and as fast as bitmap fonts. The usage is like:
TTFont.new("arial.txt", 20, " 0123456789ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz")
5. Fast access to font metrics like ascent, line height, bounds and vertical advance values. So that @ar2rsawseen's
great TextWrap class will be much more capable of.
You can expect this release in a couple of days.
OZApps, techdojo, plamen, hgvyas123, zaniar, Mells, Nascode, WauloK, omer, Scouser, Averett