Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat
No Pain, No Gain! [Devlog] - Page 3 - Gideros Forum

No Pain, No Gain! [Devlog]

13»

Comments

• oleg said:

Apollo14 said:

Rich multimillion-dollar company recently published idle gym game. And of course it's professionally crafted with big advertising budget, they gained 1mil+ downloads during first week.
    (I must not post link here, because links help app ranking, and I shouldn't help their app ranking)

When I saw it, my reaction was: Fooook...........! I was supposed to release my damn project by this time!!

On the contrary, you can advertise your game at the expense of a competitor.
    Just use the same keywords as your competitor. And next to search results, you'll always be in second place -

Which is very useful for the number of downloads, and further it will depend on the quality of your application
    Unfortunately Google changed its design last year.
    Now 1st position takes all. This way Google made rich developers even richer and screwed small developers.
    > Newcomers roadmap: from where to start learning Gideros
    "What one programmer can do in one month, two programmers can do in two months." - Fred Brooks
    “The more you do coding stuff, the better you get at it.” - Aristotle (322 BC)
  • olegoleg Member
    Apollo14 said:

Now 1st position takes all. This way Google made rich developers even richer and screwed small developers.

Google now works differently - 50% of users see the leader app and 50% of users see the competitor app. Not the rank of the app changes but the% of users who see it

my games:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=razorback456
    мій блог по гідерос https://simartinfo.blogspot.com
    Слава Україні!
    +1 -1 (+1 / -0 ) Share on Facebook
  • antixantix Member
    edited November 14
    @Apollo14 ahh that's too bad :(

But hey, I just posted before reading about this that I'm in the process of creating a UI editor for Gideros. It will of course come with some Lua code to run the interfaces that it generates.

Its coming along pretty nicely so far and I am finding all kinds of exciting ways to exploit HTML to create pools of textures and so forth ;)

I don't know what people expect from such an editor but personally grids make me vomit so my editor will be an old-school absolute placement type of affair, which I always found gave you more control over your interfaces.
    +1 -1 (+4 / -0 ) Share on Facebook
  • antix said:

@Apollo14 ahh that's too bad :(

But hey, I just posted before reading about this that I'm in the process of creating a UI editor for Gideros. It will of course come with some Lua code to run the interfaces that it generates.

Its coming along pretty nicely so far and I am finding all kinds of exciting ways to exploit HTML to create pools of textures and so forth ;)

I don't know what people expect from such an editor but personally grids make me vomit so my editor will be an old-school absolute placement type of affair, which I always found gave you more control over your interfaces.

Wow that's great!!
    > Newcomers roadmap: from where to start learning Gideros
    "What one programmer can do in one month, two programmers can do in two months." - Fred Brooks
    “The more you do coding stuff, the better you get at it.” - Aristotle (322 BC)