Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Gideros 2016.4 published! - Page 2 — Gideros Forum

Gideros 2016.4 published!

Comments

• antixantix Member
    APK export is awesome! One thing however.. There should be somewhere to set your default export settings for sdk, java, ant, keystore folders, etc. Having to enter everything manually for every project is tiresome heheh.
    +1 -1 (+3 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • NinjadoodleNinjadoodle Member
    edited April 2016
    Hi @hgy29 and @john26

I'm currently working on a game which will hopefully be done soon :)

After testing the html5 export, I found that a couple of issues are still there.

- The html5 export doesn't seem to be utilising the 'retina' or hi-dpi screen. Instead it only loads the @2x assets (even with 4x assets enabled). This is on a Macbook Pro Retina screen.

- I don't seem to be getting any sound on iOS Safari. I've sent @hgy29 a test case a little while ago, but the HTML5 topic seems to have disappeared.

Thanks heaps!
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Hi @Ninjadoodle,

Thanks for reminding this. Now that HTML5 is official it would be better if you could fill a bug report on github about each of these topics, so that they don't get forgotten again... The HTML5 topic is still here somewhere, but no longer on top of the forum.
    edited April 2016
    Hi @hgy29

I will do that now :) I've never filled out a bug report for Gideros, so gonna go find out how its done lol.

- DONE :)

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • XmanXman Member
    edited April 2016
    player on iOS device is hard to connect and lost connection frequently in this release.

• Hi @hgy29 or @john26

Just wanted to ask whether the html5 export is using WebGL when available?

Thanks!
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Yes, in fact it is using WebGL always and won't work if not available.
  • Hi @hgy29

Thanks for the answer :)
  • player on iOS device is hard to connect and lost connection frequently in this release.
    Yes, I have also noticed that issue.
  • @mertocan thanks, i will try!
  • I'm trying out the Gideros 2016-04 build and when exporting to HTML5 the key events are not picked up in Chrome as it used to. Has this changed in the last release?
    My Gideros games: www.totebo.com
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Damn, obviously it has if you say so! Can you fill a bug report ? I don't know what happened here but a few things that used to work no longer do in this HTML5 template...
  • So happy something may not be my fault for once! Will knock up a clear cut test and submit a bug report if needed.
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    @totebo, I checked with nebula retro, and it seems to work on chrome (left,right, ctrl keys at least). Can you confirm or make a test case ?
  • @hgy29, I made a test that (annoyingly!) worked, just like you said. Once I've figured out why the game doesn't work I'll let you know. It runs in an iFrame, may be because of that?
  • ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
    @totebo that could be, meaning iframe needs to be focused to accept input.
  • XmanXman Member
    The connection to the device is terrible,please revert to the previous release

• hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Hi @Xman,

Just tried and it seems to work for me unless I put my phone in stand by and back on. After that I need to kill gideros player to be able to connect. Previously (I don't remember in which release we did that) we forced gideros player to quit on suspend, but this prevented to tests SUSPEND/RESUME events on player.

Is this what you experience or something different ?
  • XmanXman Member
    I keep the device screen on and the player opened, and on the other side,I ping the device from the Mac,the network connection is just ok!
    However,the connection between the studio and the device lost frequently.Sometimes,It can not connect at all,even restart the player and the studio do not work. At the same time,the 2015.12release can connect to that device.
  • simwhisimwhi Member
    @Xman I'm experiencing issue with this too.
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    edited May 2016
    @Xman and @simwhi,
    I just had a try on my Mac and couldn't reproduce (beside the suspend/resume issue). Are you sure you are using a 2016.4 player ?

EDIT: 2016.4 Studio now 'forgets' about players which are no longer advertising themselves as available, and pre-2016.4 players wouldn't advertise when connected to, so Using a pre-2016.4 player with 2016.4 studio would lead to disconnections.
  • XmanXman Member
    Of course the player is 2016.4
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Hmm still no luck to reproduce here.

Just to be sure it isn't the issue caused by iOS shutting down sockets if app is suspended, can you confirm you have the issue from a fresh launch of GiderosPlayer on your phone (ie: double tapping home button and killing any already running GiderosPlayer first) ?

Once launched, it may take up to 5 seconds to have the iOS device appear in Gideros Studio, and it should stay in the device list for at least 15 seconds after the player is suspended.
  • XmanXman Member
    When disconnected,can still telnet to the port 15000 from the Mac,So the socket is still active
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    So is it that the studio doesn't even try to connect ?
    Do you have your iOS device appearing in the drop down list ? Does it show IPv4 or IPv6 ? Does it correctly appear and disappear depending on your player state ?
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    @Xman and @simwhi,

I spent almost all day trying to figure out what could be hapenning, and I am still clueless. Everything works fine with my Mac and my iPhone, except for the suspend/resume thing.

What changed between 2015.12 and 2016.4 is that gideros studio forgets players if they are not seen for at least 15s (each live player send a UDP advertisement packet every 5 seconds), but it doesn't seem to be your problem.

No matter what I raised the 15s forget delay to 1mn, to ease things in case packets are lost or the system is not responsive enough, and I fixed the suspend/resume issue on iOS player. I hope this will do...
  • ptkaisenptkaisen Member
    edited May 2016
    Hello.

Great news the html5 export.

I would like to know what is the JavaScript engine used in the export?

And can you tell me if is possible to take this Html5 and use Intel Xdk or other similar software to package a Linux app?

Gideros do not offer Linux export options but may be we can wrap the html5 and make a Linux app?

Any help will be appreciated
  • XmanXman Member
    edited May 2016
    @hgy29
    I tcpdump the packages,when udp sent normally,device ip is appeared,the studio try to connect the player,but can not connect.
    When connected,if udp is not sent normally,get disconnected.So it seems it maybe the issue of the player
  • simwhisimwhi Member
    @hgy29 It seems to be an intermittent issue (I'm using Windows 10) when using Gideros studio. Everything seems OK with ZeroBrane (desktop player). I hope this helps.
    edited May 2016
    Hi @hgy29

I've still got issues with the HTML5 export.

- My @4x images are still not being used on my Macbook Pro Retina screen.

- On the iPhone5s, I have to raise the memory to 512mb, if I have @4x images enabled (having the memory at 512mb causes crashes). The thing is, that the iPhone5s should only be using @2x at most. If I only use @2x, I can have the memory at 256mb. What I'm confused about is, why do I have to raise the memory, when the @4x shouldn't be used on that particular device?

PS. if I don't raise the memory with @4x images enabled - I get a black screen and the next level doesn't load.

Thank heaps in advance!