Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat
General questions - Gideros Forum

General questions

Post your programming and hardware related topics here, such as Lua, Gideros API, devices an deployment
Discussion
Started By
Replies
Views
Most Recent
SpiteGroups Class Documentation
I see a SpriteGroups Class in the IDE suggestion list, but couldn't find any documentation ...
A new Gideros Studio beta with plugin support is here!
Folks, the waiting is over. Atilim & Deniz have packaged the latest and greatest Gideros ...
Center TextField Hi, Anyone know how i can center a textfield? setAnchorPoint does not work.
GTween Oncomplete
Hi, What am I doing wrong to get the complete event when a tween finishes. ...
Best Solution for Lite & Full version
Hi, In planning my application, is there a recommended way in implementing a lite and ...
PVR texture support in Gideros?
Hi All, Just wondering if PVR texture compression is supported in Gideros for iOS? Also ...
Drag Map and Sprite issue
Hi, I have a little issue that I could use some assistance with (sorry at ...
command line tools
Can I trigger the player to run from the command line? What arguments does Gideros ...
SoundChannel:stop() don't stop always...
hey guys i'm "fine tuning" my game but some time SoundChannel:stop() dosn't stop the sound... i double ...
problem with file:read
Hello, I have started coding the save/load functions of our game, but i encountered a problem, ...
Q: Physics eventlisteners on sprites?
So I've been playing with the "Collision Detection" project using physics for collisions but having ...
setRotation on a physics body?
Looking through the physics samples I noticed the enterFrame function seems to ensure that the ...
Title screen to Game screen
Wow! My game is almost done! Which means, of course, I spend almost as much ...
Lua question
hey guys! what are differences from declaring function in lua between this two: 1) local dummy = ...
Movie Clips vs GTween
I've been trying to understand the difference between Movie Clips and GTweens. I have had no ...
Why could this cause a memory leak?
Hi folks, I have a class here, which is called several times in a row. There ...
Possible to keep focus if a mouse_move moves off an object?
Hi guys, I'm working on a game that's similar-ish to "Train Conductor". If you aren't ...
Repeated and reversed tweens
1. what is the best way to make a tween repeat infinitely? Currently I'm doing ...
How to stop/cancel a running tween?
Hi folks, I am using GTween to move a sprite along the screen. How do I ...
Adding sprites to a group
Hey guys! Happy New Year! I'd like to learn more about the process of adding sprites ...
stage events
hi guys... when subclassing the Sprite class and registering Event.ENTER_FRAME from the documentation: "Event.ENTER_FRAME event is dispatched to ...
movieclip -> body
in my code i tried to assign at a MovieClip a Body like this: in function birds:init(createBody) self.Animation ...
viewing outside of the player
is there a way to view (gideros player) outside of the frame where we define ...
Sprite rotation around anchor point?
I'm looking at the Hierarchy Example, and wondered how it is possible to rotate group2 ...
Ultimate Gideros Guide
Hello, Can you tell us when the Ultimate Gideros Guide will be available? I can't wait... ...
suggestion--develope anytime anywhere
I notice that the files in /sdcard/gideros/*/resource are not encoded,so it's possible to edit on ...
Orientation bug in Player on Motorola Xoom?
Hi, I've been successfully testing the Gideros player on my Android HTC Desire without problems ...
benchmark?
I have googled around I can't find a good benchmark of gideros, I know for ...
Change color from shape in runtime
Hello, I want to change the color of a shape runtime. But i can't get it to ...
How to terminate an application ?
I'm sorry for my continuous questions, but I can not find a clean way to terminate ...