Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Rainbird | Action — Gideros Forum

Rainbird | Action

I am happy to announce the game "Rainbird" made with Gideros in the Arcade genre. The game can be downloaded now at itch, and soon it will be released on Google Play.
+1 -1 (+5 / -0 )Share on Facebook

Comments

• super cool man :)
    my growING GIDEROS github repositories: https://github.com/mokalux?tab=repositories
  • MoKaLux said:

super cool man :)

<3
  • MoKaLuxMoKaLux Member
    edited March 2022
    You can publish it as html5 as well on itch. You need to put the windows in a .rar file and the html5 as a .zip file ;)
    my growING GIDEROS github repositories: https://github.com/mokalux?tab=repositories
  • MoKaLux said:

You can publish it as html5 as well on itch. You need to put the windows in a .rar file and the html5 as a .zip file ;)

but when I run index.html of my project in browser I get this error. Can't figure it out.
  • I usually use firefox and I publish my apps for html5 when I can. Firefox works fine in my case, I didn't test other web browsers extensively.
  • definisto said:

I am happy to announce the game "Rainbird" made with Gideros in the Arcade genre. The game can be downloaded now at itch, and soon it will be released on Google Play.

The game has a solid and a nice logic, i like it personally, one more time congrutulations.
    As a user who is playing your game i have some suggestions for the next version;)
    -You can use easing animations in the main menu so it will look more fancy.
    -In the game play you can animate our main RainBird hero a little bit while flying left or right. (For example while flying right slightly make the right wing shorter and left wing bigger so it seems like our hero is slight spinning right to turn, the same logic for flying to left)
    -While passing through the same color clouds(or obstacles) slighty change the RainBird's transparancy (~%20 percent or more try by yourself) so it will give you an effect like passing thriugh the obstacle. After Rainbird will clear the obstace again %0 transparancy.

Final comment:
    Really nice game, keep up the great job o:)

+1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • talis said:

definisto said:

The game has a solid and a nice logic, i like it personally, one more time congrutulations.
    As a user who is playing your game i have some suggestions for the next version;)
    -In the game play you can animate our main RainBird hero a little bit while flying left or right. (For example while flying right slightly make the right wing shorter and left wing bigger so it seems like our hero is slight spinning right to turn, the same logic for flying to left)
    -While passing through the same color clouds(or obstacles) slighty change the RainBird's transparancy (~%20 percent or more try by yourself) so it will give you an effect like passing thriugh the obstacle. After Rainbird will clear the obstace again %0 transparancy.

Final comment:
    Thank you very much for your feedback :blush: I appreciate your advice and in the next version I will animate the flight to the left and right, and also make the Rainbird change transparency when passing through objects of the same color. However, it's not very clear to me what you mean by

Thx again

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • talistalis Guru
    edited March 2022
    I used not correct word sorry, i mean Gtween animations, because they are simple to make.
    In the examples projects in Gideros Studio you can find Gtween example. It is so much easy to implement.
    You can apply your Gtween animation to your buttons as below for example.
    Example:
    btnbutton = Button.new(imagebtnup,imgbtndown)
    btnbutton:setPosition(100, 112)
    GTween.new(self.btnbutton, 0.50, {x = self.btnbutton:getX()+100}, {delay = 0, ease = easing.outBounce })
    In addition i was using such shake object function for my buttons, or some object in the game you can also use it if you want:
    You can pass your button object to shake function onpress event for example.
    function shake(obje)        
     obje:setPosition(obje:getX()-3, obje:getY()-3)
     GTween.new(obje, 0.25, {x = obje:getX()+3,y = obje:getY()+3}, {delay = 0, ease = easing.outBounce })
    end
    As the name stated it will shake the object tat you passed with an animation.

• definisto said:

talis said:

definisto said:

Final comment:
    Thank you very much for your feedback :blush: I appreciate your advice and in the next version I will animate the flight to the left and right, and also make the Rainbird change transparency when passing through objects of the same color. However, it's not very clear to me what you mean by

Thx again
    Sorry, I just found out that making the bird transparent while passing clouds might be not very good idea because player hasn't enough time to define the new color of the bird. I tried different alphas but the result in each case wasn't not good enough. This change affects the difficulty of the gameplay, so this is the change I decided not to make, but your other advice is very good and changes will be made :)

• definisto said:

definisto said:

talis said:

definisto said:

Final comment:

Thx again
    Sorry, I just found out that making the bird transparent while passing clouds might be not very good idea because player hasn't enough time to define the new color of the bird. I tried different alphas but the result in each case wasn't not good enough. This change affects the difficulty of the gameplay, so this is the change I decided not to make, but your other advice is very good and changes will be made :)
    Maybe you can shake the cloud a little bit while passing through it, just an idea of course. I am looking forward to new changes. One more time my congrutulations for the game:)

• Rainbird is out on Google Play :blush:

• Just downloaded and reviewed it. Of course 5 stars😇

• When i am playing on mobile with touch input realized something. Maybe you did it on purpose but i think it is not so much good.
    When you want to move the bird you must press on it. And as far as you didnt raise you finger you can continue to manevour it by moving your finger in the bottom part of the screen. Because when your hand is staying on the bird it is blocking your view(your own hand)
    But after some time you want to change your touch either hand tired either sweated anyway you must touch directly on the bird only in order to activate movement again. Bottom empty part is not working.
    Hope i described the problem correctly. I can post a video of touch points if it is not understandable.

• talis said:

When i am playing on mobile with touch input realized something. Maybe you did it on purpose but i think it is not so much good.
    When you want to move the bird you must press on it. And as far as you didnt raise you finger you can continue to manevour it by moving your finger in the bottom part of the screen. Because when your hand is staying on the bird it is blocking your view(your own hand)
    But after some time you want to change your touch either hand tired either sweated anyway you must touch directly on the bird only in order to activate movement again. Bottom empty part is not working.
    Hope i described the problem correctly. I can post a video of touch points if it is not understandable.

I changed it as you said. I uploaded the update to itch. Can you please see if the changes suit you? Thanks for this advice, it's really essential.

• I didn't recieve the update yet here in google play(i am in russia). As soon as i will recieve it i will try and write here.

• talis said:

I didn't recieve the update yet here in google play(i am in russia). As soon as i will recieve it i will try and write here.

Google Play will have two updates in a row with a short time interval, but the latest version with all the changes is already available on itch.io, you can just delete the current version and download the new .apk file on itch and install it.
  • hito9hito9 Member
    Congratz for this cute reflexive game :) I think Rainbird has more potential.