Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Arcade Store Concept? (Gideros Arcade) — Gideros Forum

Arcade Store Concept? (Gideros Arcade)

Hello fellows :)

As per the title says, this basically an idea that came into my mind. I can't sleep so I must share it. 😅

I think this concept will greatly benefit Gideros Engine itself and us Gideros devs as a whole.

Let's name it "Gideros Arcade" for example.

So this how it works:
1. This app is a Arcade Store app downloadable in Google Play, since 3rd party game store is a big no in PlayStore. (This app can be an upgraded version of gideros player apk with additional features to support the functions of the store)

2. A server (can be firebase I think or another reliably cheap server) that will be used to facilitate the publishing and approval of games made with gideros to Gideros Arcade. A review system in the server, powered by Gideros community itself (via voting i think) for quality checking of games/app before it can enter the gideros arcade.

2.1 Or to cut cost for a server, an update cycle (example weekly update in play store to list newly submitted game inside the arcade store)

4. The arcade store have a tracking system for the play time, ads showing, etc. of an individual game. This will help to calculate the individual revenue of a game inside the arcade app.

5. The arcade store will have a single ads account or IAP account and a wrapping API for a game to use to show an ads or sell goods. The tracking system will do the job to calculate how much a specific game will make. So, in every earning cycle, the revenue of Arcade Store minus the server cost and will be divided among the games inside the arcade store based on metrics (play time, ads cpm contribution, etc).

So what are the benefits?
1. Promotion - Gideros Arcade will be promoted by devs with a game inside the store
2. Saves time - No more headache in compiling apk because the game is a just a gideros project running inside upgrade gideros player

3. Gideros Engine will be promoted because everybody can submit a game in gideros arcade. Gideros Engine is the only way.

5. A guaranteed earning for devs (I think lol) specially if Gideros Arcade gets millions of downloads.

What can you say about it guys?
+1 -1 (+3 / -0 )Share on Facebook

Comments

• olegoleg Member
    I see 2 problems here:
    1. the legal problem of publishing in a Google store
    2. a very small community of gideros

my games:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=razorback456
    мій блог по гідерос https://simartinfo.blogspot.com
    Слава Україні!
    +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • oleg said:

I see 2 problems here:

With problem 1, what is the problem in Google Store? I am not totally familiar with the policy honestly, sorry.

With problem number 2, I think it's the solution. It's to promote the gideros engine in order to grow the community. 10 to 20 arcade games as starting point will be nice.

• olegoleg Member

oleg said:

I see 2 problems here:

With problem 1, what is the problem in Google Store? I am not totally familiar with the policy honestly, sorry.

With problem number 2, I think it's the solution. It's to promote the gideros engine in order to grow the community. 10 to 20 arcade games as starting point will be nice.
    Google prohibits all catalogs, advertising networks, and in-game currency in the store if it is not through Google services, there are also individual restrictions in different countries

my games:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=razorback456
    мій блог по гідерос https://simartinfo.blogspot.com
    Слава Україні!
  • antixantix Member
    Really, the small size of the Gideros community is the main issue.
    +1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • talistalis Guru
    edited July 2021
    According to my idea even the success rate of this project will not be high the idea itself theoretically good but has practical real life problems.

*Will have less content i guess because of small community
    *Main program that will be published in googleplay will be either lost in the pool of other programs or it will be downloaded so much less.
    *Maintenance will be a real problem. We don't have people who has salaries from gideros as we are an open source community, only donations which is already barely enough i guess.
    *Earned money from the project, how it will be legally distributed. This is another issue.
    (Different people, different countries)
    *Code security. Even it is APK and encrypted assets it is not impossible i guess to reach some part of the code. With this project, without compiled version, LUA codes can be easily accessed i guess. (Never tried but as our code is opensource it is not so much difficult to figure out how)