Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
A simple memory game — Gideros Forum

A simple memory game

hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
This is a very classic "memory" game I made for my children. It barely took a few evenings and week ends to code, but my children enjoy it a lot. It is now out on Windows Store, and being reviewed by google (it seems to take longer these days). No ads, but very cheap, and it may help people pass some peaceful time in family.

Link to windows store:
https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9NWJLBH398PX
Or for windows users:
ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9NWJLBH398PX

Soon on android and iOS too.

EDIT:
Now out an Android: link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.hieroglyphe.memoryx
And on IOS: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/memoryx/id1509920676

+1 -1 (+4 / -0 )Share on Facebook

Comments

• keszeghkeszegh Member
    edited October 2020
    noooo, competition for my memory game Ikonomikon comes straight from the gideros community... i hope you will be successful, nevertheless. at least for you it took around 500 times less time to make your game.

(EDIT: i'd be happy to know how much your children like my version or how they compare the two)

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • That is a nice idea for a quick game. And you can skin it with different assets. Can't wait for Android
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    perrochon said:

That is a nice idea for a quick game. And you can skin it with different assets. Can't wait for Android

Yes, actually I already have another project based on this in mind: an educational game for children learning to read and write. For french market exclusively though, but I know a few parents that could use it if I release it before the end of the covid containment.

• hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    By the way I think some may be interested by that star explosion effect, here is the code:
    function EffectExplode(s,scale,x,y,r,speed,texture)
    	local p=Particles.new()
    	p:setPosition(x,y)
    	p:setTexture(texture)
    	p:setScale(scale)
    	s:addChild(p)
    	local parts={}
    	for i=1,50 do
    		local a=math.random()*6.3
    		local dx,dy=math.sin(a),math.cos(a)
    		local sr=math.random()*r
    		local px,py=dx*sr,dy*sr
    		local ss=(speed or 1)*(1+math.random())
    		table.insert(parts,	{ x=px,y=py,
    		  speedX=dx*ss,
    		  speedY=dy*ss, 
    		  speedAngular=math.random()*4-2,
    		  decayAlpha=0.95+math.random()*0.04,
    		  ttl=1000,
    		  size=10+math.random()*20})
    	end
    	p:addParticles(parts)
    	Core.yield(2)
    	p:removeFromParent()
    end

stage:addEventListener(Event.MOUSE_DOWN,function (e)
    Core.asyncCall(EffectExplode,stage,1,e.x,e.y,100,2,Texture.new("gfx/p_star.png",true))
    end)
    +1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • btw @hgy29 , what's your experience with windows store. can it generate an audience/income?
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    I don't have much experience with windows store, this is the first game I release there. I think that Windows Store is an easy way to distribute apps/games for windows, the store handles the payment and installation process for you.
    My game is very well suited to large Windows tablet or laptops. I have Dell XPS 13 with touchscreen at home, and it is really fun to play this game on this device.

But as always, the store isn't the issue, I need to find a good way to promote it (facebook, ad campaigns, ...) if I want to make any revenue from it.

• hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Android version is now available. PM me if you'd like to get a redeem code.
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    iOS version now available too: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/memoryx/id1509920676
    And Windows version has a 7-day free trial, it is a pity other stores don't propose it out of the box
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    And on ios too. It seems to be possible, but through subscriptions, where you app handle all the UI related to the trial period.
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Anyone willing to help me in launching my game ? I'd be grateful if you could put a review in the stores. Here is a bunch of redeem codes for Android, first come first served, just tell other which one you used. I have more codes in stock if needed.

8N4S1DJ80TRLWRJVGPQQ3UT
    ZB099T9ZFK0F69M71ADCFQT
    5UGWFQCBTMSN67WADB6D1MU
    Y3CPNCYXUMDVCBEFXNEDPFC
    12X053F5SWP39QQNQTWPNUG
    5FP1K52CFH6UTETHMBD1TAN
    9XGJBWGBPUA0SZCT1SYRDBA
    N8W5JR6XTDVAFCQLKK0DR0B

• I am sorry to tell hgy29 but your games are very hard to find on the stores :/
    I believe it is due to the apostrophe in your company name C'hoari Studio, while I get it means play in Britain, it doesn't fit the search engines in the stores.
    my growING GIDEROS github repositories: https://github.com/mokalux?tab=repositories
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    MoKaLux said:

I am sorry to tell hgy29 but your games are very hard to find on the stores :/
    I believe it is due to the apostrophe in your company name C'hoari Studio, while I get it means play in Britain, it doesn't fit the search engines in the stores.

I assumed one don't often search for a company in stores, but rather for games. And I like the idea of a company name being able to break badly implemented SQL queries :)