Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
How do I use Facebook plugin — Gideros Forum

How do I use Facebook plugin

Forgive me if I'm missing something obvious here but is there a tutorial on using the Facebook plugin? I'm new to prgramming and am having trouble with figuring stuff about the plugins like Ads or Facebook. I've added Facebook in the plugins folder in Gideros Studio. What do I do after that?
Tagged:

Comments

• hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Well, sorry to say that but in the case of Facebook plugin, don't bother using it: it relies on an old facebook SDK which facebook no longer accept now. I tried two times to upgrade gideros to the new facebook SDK and gave up: they changed their API so radically that lua side API will need to be changed to.

But beside facebook specific issue, have a look at https://wiki.giderosmobile.com/index.php/Plugins to get started with using plugins.
  • Apollo14Apollo14 Member
    edited August 2019
    that's too bad :(
    facebook is mandatory for every mobile publisher (if developer wants to work with them) :(
    > Newcomers roadmap: from where to start learning Gideros
    "What one programmer can do in one month, two programmers can do in two months." - Fred Brooks
    “The more you do coding stuff, the better you get at it.” - Aristotle (322 BC)
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    One way forward would be to develop a minimalist FB plugin, that would just take care of login/token generation. Once we have the token, Graph API can be called using UrlLoader I think...

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • Wow! This is a bit of a bad news. Wish it was made a bit more clearer in the documentation. I don't want to sound ungreateful since gideros is a great piece of software and guys like @hgy29 have been working on it for free but nowadays, facebook integration is almost a must when it comes to mobile games. I've made a simple game which works in android, facebook gameroom and facebook instant. It would be great if players had the option of syncing the game across all these platforms.

I'm a complete novice but I've seen posts on this forum about people using the Android Studio to integrate plugins. Can that be a way forward using this link?
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    it seemed to me that I was the only guy in this forum still being interested in FB :) About syncing game between FB Instant and, say, Android with FB Login, it is almost impossible since player ids are voluntarily made different for each app on facebook, and FB Instant can't (yet ?) be mixed with regular FB App.

+1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • FB-login works across platforms like android, iOS and web like those games like Candy Crush, doesn't it. I might be interpreting this wrong but this facebook link seems to say so. Only facebook instant isn't included yet.