Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Gideros 2017.10 released — Gideros Forum

Gideros 2017.10 released

hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
edited October 2017 in Announcements
Dear all,

After weeks of testing and bug fixing, Gideros 2017.10 is finally out.
As always you can download it here: http://giderosmobile.com/download

This new version brings two important additions.
The first one is that TextField can now display multiline text all by itself, and handle automatic wrap of long lines, centering, justifying, line breaks and even tabs.
The second big addition is a ogg plugin, which adds support for ogg vorbis encoded sounds to gideros, but also playback of theora encoded videos!

Complete list of changes below:

New features

[core] Add text layout with automatic wrap support to Font/TextField
[plugin/ogg] Ogg vorbis and Theora plugin (all platforms except WinRT)

Enhancements

[lua] Support require with directory only (and load init.lua)
[plugin/win32] Add export rules for most win32 plugins
[plugin/controller] Update controller for iOS
[ios] Add 1024x1024 icon
[ios] Enable portrait upside down by default
[ios] accept all device orientations
[win32] Add multiscreen support
[html5] add focus on click (#333)
[core] Allow non power of 2 textures
[studio/export] Allow for LUA based plugins
[texturepacker] Warn about problematic files and export sensible file list (Fix #340)

Fixes

[plugin/camera] Fix orientation issues (#329)
[android] Fix crash on log
[win32] fix setFullScreen (#281)
[html5] register embind bindings only once in plugins
[core] Release textures in Pixel's destructor

+1 -1 (+9 / -0 )Share on Facebook

Comments

• YanYan Member
    TextField - finally !!!

What about Pixel holding textures problem ?
    vk.com/yan_alex
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Fixed, see last line of 'Fixes' in the annoucement :)
  • amazing, thanks for fixing two important problems with win32 export. maybe some of the enhancements could be explained in more detail, like
    and
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer

it means you can now write
    require "stuff"
    and lua will try to load stuff/init.lua in addition to stuff.lua.
    This is a standard way of doing in lua, but gideros was lacking it.

This a way of providing lua only plugins (non native) or mixed lua+native plugins. Plugins folders just need to contain a 'luaplugin' subfolder, and all lua files within this folder will be added automatically to the project if the plugin itself is added to the project, so that your project can 'require' them.

+1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • talistalis Guru
    edited October 2017
    Perfect additions again. Really appreciated and in addition of my gratitude i made a donation for the efforts.
    =D>
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Thanks very much @talis!

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • YanYan Member
    Fixed, see last line of 'Fixes' in the annoucement :)
    Eyemissed, sorry =)
    vk.com/yan_alex
  • Awesome! Super fantastic work on TextField enhancements B-)

• Any information how to use new Textfield properties? I couldn't find it on Reference Manual.
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    @talis, sorry the online was not correctly synchronized, I fixed it now.
    Here is an example of multiline text formatting:
    local myText=[[
    Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged. It was popularised in the 1960s with the release of Letraset sheets containing Lorem Ipsum passages, and more recently with desktop publishing software like Aldus PageMaker including versions of Lorem Ipsum.
    ]]

local textfield=TextField.new(nil,myText,
     { w=application:getContentWidth(),h=application:getContentHeight(),
     flags=FontBase.TLF_JUSTIFIED|FontBase.TLF_VCENTER})
    stage:addChild(textfield)
  • Thanks @hgy29. I will try it directly.
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    If you are wondering how to use new theora video decoder in your apps, here's how:
    Theora=require "Theora"

local videoSource=Theora.new("video.ogg")
    local videoStream=videoSource:play()

local videoSprite=videoStream:getVideo()
    stage:addChild(videoSprite)

• YanYan Member
    edited October 2017
    Next code attempts to instant close Player on Android Device, Player.apk tooked from gideros folder
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Gideros12\Players\GiderosAndroidPlayer.apk
    for i = 1, 20 do
    	TTFont.new("app/fonts/HURRYUP.TTF", 50, false, true)
    end
    Tried another font already, same issue
    Also tried on default example project TTFont, with examle inbuild font, same issue
    vk.com/yan_alex
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Can you share android logcat for this issue ?
  • YanYan Member
    Can you share android logcat for this issue ?
    If you tell me how to implement this. Tried couple of times, dont get how to achieve this on device. If you want I can attach a test project.
    vk.com/yan_alex
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    I'll try here too, but you can get android crash trace using Android Studio and looking at monitor pane. It will contain a crash report of some kind, amond other things. You'll have to be quick though, because android devices are very verbose!
  • YanYan Member
    I'll try here too, but you can get android crash trace using Android Studio and looking at monitor pane. It will contain a crash report of some kind, amond other things. You'll have to be quick though, because android devices are very verbose!
    Damn, removed Android Studio many times ago. Maybe you have some links on manuals how to achieve log on device ?

vk.com/yan_alex
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    I've never heard of an on-device tool for this. I'll try to reproduce here first then, but I need to wait for my android tablet to be sufficiently charged:) I am an iOS guy!
  • YanYan Member
    I've never heard of an on-device tool for this. I'll try to reproduce here first then, but I need to wait for my android tablet to be sufficiently charged:) I am an iOS guy!
    Well, were on opposide sides )))

P.S. Checked my start button, and i didnt removed AndroidStudio )) So now how to log my activity ?

vk.com/yan_alex
  • SinisterSoftSinisterSoft Maintainer
    edited October 2017
    @Yan I tried :

font=TTFont.new(fonts,66,chrs,3)

with chrs = a string, nil and ""
    fonts={"retro.ttf","cyrillic.ttf","japanese.ttf"}

all work

Coder, video game industry veteran (since the '80s, ❤'s assembler), arrested - never convicted hacker (in the '90s), dad of five, he/him (if that even matters!).
    https://deluxepixel.com
  • YanYan Member
    edited October 2017
    @Yan I tried :

font=TTFont.new(fonts,66,chrs,3)

with chrs = a string, nil and ""
    fonts={"retro.ttf","cyrillic.ttf","japanese.ttf"}

all work

Should be in loop, especially loop should be more than 20 iterations
    Try my code as is
    vk.com/yan_alex
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Tried your code, no crash here
  • YanYan Member
    edited October 2017
    Video from device, Player just closes after I run this code. In the end of video workind fading stars demonstaration.

Falls only on Device player.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pi5t1w41cs4nbcu/Screen Record_2017-10-23-17-08-22.mp4?dl=0
    Снимок.PNG
    1474 x 652 - 51K
    vk.com/yan_alex
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer

P.S. Checked my start button, and i didnt removed AndroidStudio )) So now how to log my activity ?
    1. Open Android Studio
    2. Open any existing project or create a new one
    3. Open '6: Android Monitor' from the tool bar at the bottom of the window
    4. Connect your phone/tablet to your PC over USB (if not already done)
    5. Reproduce the crash
    6. Copy all Android Monitor Content to clipboard and paste it in another editor (to avoid logs scrolling endlessly)

• YanYan Member

1. Open Android Studio
    2. Open any existing project or create a new one
    3. Open '6: Android Monitor' from the tool bar at the bottom of the window
    4. Connect your phone/tablet to your PC over USB (if not already done)
    5. Reproduce the crash
    6. Copy all Android Monitor Content to clipboard and paste it in another editor (to avoid logs scrolling endlessly)

Output ERRORS ONLY (too much trash)
    10-23 17:26:08.415 605-605/? A/DEBUG: Tombstone written to: /data/tombstones/tombstone_09
    10-23 17:26:08.415 605-605/? E/DEBUG: AM write failed: Broken pipe
    10-23 17:26:08.452 1145-17918/? E/JavaBinder: !!! FAILED BINDER TRANSACTION !!!  (parcel size = 112)
    10-23 17:26:08.453 1145-3276/? E/InputDispatcher: channel '164b7d1 com.giderosmobile.android.player/com.giderosmobile.android.player.GiderosAndroidPlayerActivity (server)' ~ Channel is unrecoverably broken and will be disposed!
    10-23 17:26:08.459 1145-1210/? E/JavaBinder: !!! FAILED BINDER TRANSACTION !!!  (parcel size = 60)
    10-23 17:26:08.464 447-447/? E/lowmemorykiller: Error writing /proc/16745/oom_score_adj; errno=22
    10-23 17:26:08.492 1145-12508/? E/momo: noteRemovingProcess
    10-23 17:26:08.506 602-1304/? E/Netd: exec() res=0, status=256 for /system/bin/iptables -w -W 10000 -w -D OUTPUT -o rmnet+ -m owner --uid-owner 10077 -j REJECT 
    10-23 17:26:08.520 602-1304/? E/Netd: exec() res=0, status=256 for /system/bin/ip6tables -w -W 10000 -w -D OUTPUT -o rmnet+ -m owner --uid-owner 10077 -j REJECT 
    10-23 17:26:08.541 602-1304/? E/Netd: exec() res=0, status=256 for /system/bin/iptables -w -W 10000 -w -D OUTPUT -o wlan0 -m owner --uid-owner 10077 -j REJECT 
    10-23 17:26:08.556 602-1304/? E/Netd: exec() res=0, status=256 for /system/bin/ip6tables -w -W 10000 -w -D OUTPUT -o wlan0 -m owner --uid-owner 10077 -j REJECT 
    10-23 17:26:08.558 1145-4989/? E/ActivityThread: Failed to find provider info for cn.nubia.security.firewall
    10-23 17:26:08.558 1145-4989/? E/ApplicationNetworkController: delete net control data not successfully
                                                                   java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unknown URL content://cn.nubia.security.firewall/net_control
                                                                       at android.content.ContentResolver.delete(ContentResolver.java:1370)
                                                                       at cn.nubia.server.appmgmt.ApplicationNetworkController.deleteNetControlData(ApplicationNetworkController.java:504)
                                                                       at cn.nubia.server.appmgmt.ApplicationNetworkController.access$500(ApplicationNetworkController.java:49)
                                                                       at cn.nubia.server.appmgmt.ApplicationNetworkController$1.run(ApplicationNetworkController.java:407)
                                                                       at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:739)
                                                                       at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:95)
                                                                       at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:171)
                                                                       at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:61)
    10-23 17:26:08.558 1145-4989/? E/ActivityThread: Failed to find provider info for cn.nubia.security.firewall
    10-23 17:26:08.559 1145-4989/? E/ApplicationNetworkController: delete net control data not successfully
                                                                   java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unknown URL content://cn.nubia.security.firewall/net_control
                                                                       at android.content.ContentResolver.delete(ContentResolver.java:1370)
                                                                       at cn.nubia.server.appmgmt.ApplicationNetworkController.deleteNetControlData(ApplicationNetworkController.java:504)
                                                                       at cn.nubia.server.appmgmt.ApplicationNetworkController.access$500(ApplicationNetworkController.java:49)
                                                                       at cn.nubia.server.appmgmt.ApplicationNetworkController$2.run(ApplicationNetworkController.java:426)
                                                                       at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:739)
                                                                       at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:95)
                                                                       at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:171)
                                                                       at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:61)
    10-23 17:26:08.850 449-449/? E/SurfaceFlinger: SurfaceView nAvgNum=88 sumtime=1474409947 Jank=0
    10-23 17:26:08.851 449-449/? E/SurfaceFlinger: com.giderosmobile.android.player/com.giderosmobile.android.player.GiderosAndroidPlayerActivity b- nAvgNum=16 sumtime=265265105 Jank=0
    10-23 17:26:09.693 15521-15632/? E/SQLiteCastStore: End saving paired guest mode devices
    10-23 17:26:39.014 603-603/? E/dmapp: dmapp is still alive.
    vk.com/yan_alex
  • YanYan Member
    edited October 2017
    Yet another clear log. Is this enough ?

P.S. Added another log with no message filter
    txt
    txt
    log.txt
    txt
    txt
    log.txt
    vk.com/yan_alex
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Yeah, very verbose, but it was useful trash :)
    However I see:
    10-23 17:26:08.464 447-447/? E/lowmemorykiller: Error writing /proc/16745/oom_score_adj; errno=22
    I suspect your device is running about of memory while running gideros.
    Please send me the full log in PM as a zip, I'll have a deeper look.
  • YanYan Member
    edited October 2017
    Ask this later, deleted post
    vk.com/yan_alex