Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Gideros 2016.12 released! - Page 2 — Gideros Forum

Gideros 2016.12 released!

Comments

• I'm not near the build machine now but will do in morning.

Thanks.
  • I have the same problem on the Mac. I've sent @hgy29 my log file.

Coder, video game industry veteran (since the '80s, ❤'s assembler), arrested - never convicted hacker (in the '90s), dad of five, he/him (if that even matters!).
    https://deluxepixel.com
    +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • XmanXman Member
    edited December 2016
    Would it be necessary to generate the launcher icon into the mipmap folder instead of the drawable just as the android studio new -> image asset menu do.
    The size of the launcher icon will be more consistent with the built-in app.

if not just do not generate a default icon in the drawable folder if no image is provided.

• MobAmuseMobAmuse Member
    edited December 2016
    @hgy29 & @SinisterSoft OK thanks. Yes there appears to be a problem with the apk export on mac at least then. I won't supply my export log then from my other machine if you have already sent one for further inspection unless asked.

Thanks.
  • @XMan There will be a patch zip sometime very soon that fixes the launcher/splash image issue. The new image is centered properly with the aspect ratio remaining the same as either the vertical or horizontal image. The edges on either the left/right or top/bottom will be transparent if they need to be in order to keep the aspect ratio the same - so no part of the image is lost. That is what the background colour is used for. I have tested the new patch already and it fixes it for me (I tested both a portrait and a landscape game).

There may be a couple of slight adjustments to the patch, I fixed an issue with the game name on Android (we had recently added the ability to have the game name different than the folder name - see properties). Plus if @hgy29 can figure out what is wrong with the OSX exporting APK files then that could also be in the patch.
    Coder, video game industry veteran (since the '80s, ❤'s assembler), arrested - never convicted hacker (in the '90s), dad of five, he/him (if that even matters!).
  • I think it would be better to have an option to turn off export splash and icon even if images are provided.
    it's not necessary to export all this each time when just export assets.
  • Maybe not export them if assets only mode? Only on player and full?
  • It would be better If it could be controlled independently.
  • @hgy29 has made the patches now, they fix a few things and also bring in some improvements.

Fixed: Centered splash images, app name wasn't exported properly, mac could create apk

Improved: now paths to jre and sdk are optional, keep them blank for 'auto' mode - you need Android Studio installed.

http://hieroglyphe.net/gideros/Templates-Gideros-2016.12a.zip

http://hieroglyphe.net/gideros/Windows-Gideros-2016.12a.zip

http://hieroglyphe.net/gideros/MacOS-Gideros-2016.12a.zip

If you are on Windows, then get the first file and copy the contents over the contents of the templates folder, then get the 2nd file and replace the old files with the ones that it contains.

If you are on OSX, then get the first file, go to you Applications folder and right-click the Gideros Studio app, show the contents, in there you will find a Templates folder, copy over the files with the files in the file! Then do the same with the 3rd file above.

Don't forget that these are replacement files for some of those you have already - you should not delete anything, just overwrite what needs to be replaced.

edited December 2016
    I did all that to the word and also used the Christmas helper info but it still spits out a tmp dir as before, not an .apk

I have the latest updated version of Android Studio (2.2.3) on Mac.

I tried apk export using the above with Bird Animation but it still does not produce an .apk just a dir with stuff in it using the same process.

I tried the same again without any plugins and still got the the same result.

I merged all the patch files into their correct destinations on mac. I did this 3 times from scratch to be sure I did it all right but it no worky for me after 3 attempts this morning.

My log file attached or Bird Animation (no plugins used) test...

---

Ask: local.keyStorePass -> *******
    Set: local.noSigning -> //
    Set: local.isUnsigned -> -unsigned
    Replaced local.keyStorePass by ******* @7
    If: 1
    Ask: local.keyAliasPass -> *******
    Set: local.noSigning ->
    Set: local.isUnsigned ->
    RmDir: tmp
    MkDir: tmp
    Cd: tmp
    If: 0
    Replaced project.autorotation by 0 @7
    Set: local.orientation -> portrait
    Replaced project.orientation by 1 @6
    Set: local.orientation -> landscape
    Set: local.showSplash -> true
    Replaced project.disableSplash by 1 @6
    Set: local.showSplash -> false
    Replaced export.androidTarget by 22 @26
    Replaced project.version_code by 1 @21
    Replaced project.version by 1.0 @21
    Replaced local.orientation by landscape @27
    Replaced local.showSplash by false @21
    Replaced project.backgroundColor by #00ff00 @18
    Replaced export.androidSdk by 24 @18
    Replaced export.androidTools by 23.0.2 @19
    Replaced export.androidTarget by 22 @17
    Template: Android Template from [/Projects/New/Gideros Studio/Gideros Studio.app/Contents/Templates/AndroidStudio/Android Template] to []
    Processing template
    Copying /Temp/Bird Animation/tmp/.DS_Store
    Copying /Temp/Bird Animation/tmp/app/.DS_Store
    Copying /Temp/Bird Animation/tmp/app/src/.DS_Store
    Copying /Temp/Bird Animation/tmp/app/src/main/.DS_Store
    Updating /Temp/Bird Animation/tmp/app/src/main/jniLibs/armeabi/libgideros.so
    Updated:2 replacements
    Updating /Temp/Bird Animation/tmp/app/src/main/jniLibs/armeabi-v7a/libgideros.so
    Updating /Temp/Bird Animation/tmp/app/src/main/jniLibs/x86/libgideros.so
    Replaced sys.exporType by @6
    MkDir: app/src/main/assets/assets
    Cd: app/src/main/assets/assets
    Exporting assets
    Exporting sky_world.png
    Exporting bird_white_03.png
    Exporting bird_white_02.png
    Exporting bird_white_01.png
    Exporting bird_black_03.png
    Exporting bird_black_02.png
    Exporting bird_black_01.png
    Exporting bird.lua
    Exporting main.lua
    Encrypting assets
    Encrypting /Temp/Bird Animation/tmp/app/src/main/assets/assets/sky_world.png [png]
    Encrypting /Temp/Bird Animation/tmp/app/src/main/assets/assets/bird_white_03.png [png]
    Encrypting /Temp/Bird Animation/tmp/app/src/main/assets/assets/bird_white_02.png [png]
    Encrypting /Temp/Bird Animation/tmp/app/src/main/assets/assets/bird_white_01.png [png]
    Encrypting /Temp/Bird Animation/tmp/app/src/main/assets/assets/bird_black_03.png [png]
    Encrypting /Temp/Bird Animation/tmp/app/src/main/assets/assets/bird_black_02.png [png]
    Encrypting /Temp/Bird Animation/tmp/app/src/main/assets/assets/bird_black_01.png [png]
    Encrypting /Temp/Bird Animation/tmp/app/src/main/assets/assets/bird.lua.jet [lua]
    Encrypting /Temp/Bird Animation/tmp/app/src/main/assets/assets/main.lua.jet [lua]
    Writing files info
    Writing lua files info
    Writing project properties
    Cd: ../../../../..
    Image(Type 1): 36x36 app/src/main/res/drawable-ldpi/icon.png
    Generating app icon (36x36)
    Image(Type 1): 48x48 app/src/main/res/drawable-mdpi/icon.png
    Generating app icon (48x48)
    Image(Type 1): 72x72 app/src/main/res/drawable-hdpi/icon.png
    Generating app icon (72x72)
    Image(Type 1): 96x96 app/src/main/res/drawable-xhdpi/icon.png
    Generating app icon (96x96)
    Image(Type 1): 96x96 app/src/main/res/drawable/icon.png
    Generating app icon (96x96)
    Image(Type 1): 144x144 app/src/main/res/drawable-xxhdpi/icon.png
    Generating app icon (144x144)
    Image(Type 1): 192x192 app/src/main/res/drawable-xxxhdpi/icon.png
    Generating app icon (192x192)
    Image(Type 2): 732x412 app/src/main/res/drawable-xhdpi/ouya_icon.png
    Image(Type 2): 320x180 app/src/main/res/drawable/banner.png
    Replaced project.orientation by 1 @15
    Replaced band:1:1 by 1 @7
    Replaced project.orientation by 1 @8
    Image(Type 4): 320x200 app/src/main/res/drawable-ldpi/splash.png
    Image(Type 4): 480x320 app/src/main/res/drawable-mdpi/splash.png
    Image(Type 4): 800x480 app/src/main/res/drawable-hdpi/splash.png
    Image(Type 4): 1280x720 app/src/main/res/drawable-xhdpi/splash.png
    Image(Type 4): 1600x960 app/src/main/res/drawable-xxhdpi/splash.png
    Image(Type 4): 1920x1280 app/src/main/res/drawable-xxxhdpi/splash.png
    Applying plugins
    Set: local.gradleCmd -> gradlew
    Replaced sys.exeExtension by @6
    Replaced local.gradleCmd by gradlew @4
    Exec: gradlew assembleRelease into /Temp/Bird Animation/tmp
    Exec returned: 255
    Export done.
  • If I select 'Ads' I never see any actual ad libs exported in the exported dir either for the record.
  • It looks like the gradlew is not an executable? Check in the tmp folder, does the gradlew file have a terminal icon?
    edited December 2016
    Oddly enough this version of gideros with the patches does not even export a gradle in the tmp dir for the Bird Animation test. All I get is the assets and the jniLibs. No gradle, no manifest etc. I guess the export must still break then for some reason.
    edited December 2016
    No worries I will wait until new year now and the next version perhaps that may fix this feature.
  • jdbcjdbc Member
    edited December 2016
    I have tested my Halloween Mania game and it have problems when MovieClip is removed from scene. It works ok in Gideros 2016.10

I have this code

Explosion = Core.class(Sprite)

function Explosion.setup()
    	local textures = GameScene.texture_explosions

Explosion.images = {
    							Bitmap.new(textures[1]),
    							Bitmap.new(textures[2]),
    							Bitmap.new(textures[3])
    							}
    end

-- Constructor
    function Explosion:init()

local animation = MovieClip.new{
    							{1, 2, Explosion.images[1]},
    							{2, 4, Explosion.images[2]},
    							{4, 6, Explosion.images[3]},
    							{6, 8, Explosion.images[1]},
    							{8, 10, Explosion.images[2]}
    							}
    	--animation:setGotoAction(30,1)
    	self:addChild(animation)
    	animation:play()
    	self.animation = animation

animation:addEventListener("complete", self.onMovieComplete,self)

end

function Explosion:onMovieComplete()

local animation = self.animation
    	if (animation and self:contains(animation)) then
    		self:removeChild(animation)
    		print("exploxion removed")
    	end
    end
    but some Bitmap frames remain in scene. It seems that self:removeChild(animation) does not work.

• It works ok with patch
    +1 -1 (+3 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • john26john26 Maintainer
    Dear all, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all! Thanks for developing with Gideros in 2016, more to come in 2017! Thanks all for your kind donations which help pay for the web hosting and new equipment needed.

I'm spending Christmas in a remote area of Scotland away from my Mac but will be able to build a bug fix version on my return on 31 December!
    +1 -1 (+7 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • 31st today... Hopefully @John26 will see this and make the build before midnight...

• XmanXman Member
    edited January 2017
    I prefer the launcher splash exported by the preview release.
    It's much more reasonable by cropping to fit the aspect ratio of the screen, one large image can fit for both orientations. to fit the aspect ratio of the original image is meanless.
    It's very strange to leave a black edge since the background color is not working.
  • XmanXman Member
    edited January 2017
    However, the background color in the source code on the GitHub work well.
    Then it's acceptable to setting two different images to get almost the same result.
  • The result image size will not be exactly the size as expect, say, use a 1242X2208, will generate a size 639X1136, not 640X1136
  • I have fixed this issue and will make a commit request to the master branch

• It all works ok on the current (unreleased) unreleased build. Hopefully @John26 can build today?
  • XmanXman Member
    edited January 2017
    it would be better to have a scale mode option for export the splash image.
    Just as the scale mode for assets do. The current mode is almost the same as letterbox,crop mode is necessary for some user.
  • Possibly, but for now ensuring that the whole image is visible with the aspect ratio correct and the background colour working should be enough.

Don't forget the whole project is open source, so if anyone wants to add different scale modes then no problem at all.
  • Also, you could always start straight away and load all your assets using a fake thread - then the drawing events will take place and you can have a completely custom animated loading screen written in Lua.
  • john26john26 Maintainer
    Happy New year everyone! Yes, I am happy to build today but would like to hear some input from @hgy29 to confirm it's all stable and ready to go...

• it would be better to have a scale mode option for export the splash image.
    Just as the scale mode for assets do. The current mode is almost the same as letterbox,crop mode is necessary for some user.
    Added!
    It's maybe useful for some situations.

+1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • unlyingunlying Guru
    edited January 2017
    Latest version crashes on user devices.
    From google play console:
    java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.debia.removeapic/com.giderosmobile.android.removeapicActivity}: java.lang.NullPointerException
    	at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2121)
    	at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2146)
    	at android.app.ActivityThread.access$700(ActivityThread.java:140)
    	at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1238)
    	at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
    	at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:177)
    	at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4947)
    	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
    	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:511)
    	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:1038)
    	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:805)
    	at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    	at com.giderosmobile.android.player.GiderosApplication.getDirectories(GiderosApplication.java:402)
    	at com.giderosmobile.android.player.GiderosApplication.<init>(GiderosApplication.java:144)
    	at com.giderosmobile.android.player.GiderosApplication.onCreate(GiderosApplication.java:470)
    	at com.giderosmobile.android.removeapicActivity.onCreate(removeapicActivity.java:79)
    	at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Activity.java:5207)
    	at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1094)
    	at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2085)
    and this one:
    java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to instantiate activity ComponentInfo{com.debia.removeapic/com.giderosmobile.android.removeapicActivity}: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Didn't find class "com.giderosmobile.android.removeapicActivity" on path: DexPathList[[zip file "/mnt/asec/com.debia.removeapic-1/pkg.apk"],nativeLibraryDirectories=[/mnt/asec/com.debia.removeapic-1/lib, /vendor/lib, /system/lib]]
    	at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2264)
    	at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2390)
    	at android.app.ActivityThread.access$800(ActivityThread.java:151)
    	at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1321)
    	at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:110)
    	at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:193)
    	at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5299)
    	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
    	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:515)
    	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:829)
    	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:645)
    	at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Didn't find class "com.giderosmobile.android.removeapicActivity" on path: DexPathList[[zip file "/mnt/asec/com.debia.removeapic-1/pkg.apk"],nativeLibraryDirectories=[/mnt/asec/com.debia.removeapic-1/lib, /vendor/lib, /system/lib]]
    	at dalvik.system.BaseDexClassLoader.findClass(BaseDexClassLoader.java:56)
    	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:497)
    	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:457)
    	at android.app.Instrumentation.newActivity(Instrumentation.java:1061)
    	at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2255)
    	... 11 more
    	Suppressed: java.io.IOException: unable to open DEX file
    		at dalvik.system.DexFile.openDexFileNative(Native Method)
    		at dalvik.system.DexFile.openDexFile(DexFile.java:296)
    		at dalvik.system.DexFile.<init>(DexFile.java:80)
    		at dalvik.system.DexFile.<init>(DexFile.java:59)
    		at dalvik.system.DexPathList.loadDexFile(DexPathList.java:263)
    		at dalvik.system.DexPathList.makeDexElements(DexPathList.java:230)
    		at dalvik.system.DexPathList.<init>(DexPathList.java:112)
    		at dalvik.system.BaseDexClassLoader.<init>(BaseDexClassLoader.java:48)
    		at dalvik.system.PathClassLoader.<init>(PathClassLoader.java:65)
    		at android.app.ApplicationLoaders.getClassLoader(ApplicationLoaders.java:57)
    		at android.app.LoadedApk.getClassLoader(LoadedApk.java:326)
    		at android.app.LoadedApk.makeApplication(LoadedApk.java:508)
    		at android.app.ActivityThread.handleBindApplication(ActivityThread.java:4514)
    		at android.app.ActivityThread.access$1500(ActivityThread.java:151)
    		at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1381)
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Hi @unlying,

FIrst crash is definitely a 2016.12 issue, can you try to replace app/lib/gideros.jar in your end app or in android studio template with the attached file and see if it fixes it ?

Second crash seems to happen before gideros app is actually launched: android doesn't find gideros main class. Maybe a multidex issue ?
    zip
    zip
    gideros.zip