Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Gideros Update 2015.04.26 — Gideros Forum

Gideros Update 2015.04.26

ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
edited April 2015 in Announcements
Fixed 3D-Env example
Fixed ImageLoader example
Added WindowWidth and WindowHeight dimensions in Project property for Desktop exports initial windows dimensions
Added Application:getDeviceName to get user friendly device name
Added Event.MOUSE_WHEEL for mouse wheel scroll events on desktop
Added Studio saves separate export paths for each platform
Added Ctr+P in Gideros Studio toggles between localhost and IP setting
Added Ctrl+E shortcut to export
Added Ctrl+Shift+X shortcut to clear output
Added ability to search console output in Studio
Gideros Players are now discoverable in Gideros Studio automatically and available through dropdown

50+ level backers will be able to test desktop and windows phone exports with this release, stay tuned for update

https://github.com/gideros/gideros/releases/tag/2015.04.26
+1 -1 (+8 / -0 )Share on Facebook

Comments

• Thanks for this great update. :)
    Coder, video game industry veteran (since the '80s, ❤'s assembler), arrested - never convicted hacker (in the '90s), dad of five, he/him (if that even matters!).
    https://deluxepixel.com
  • Nice update, now get the export stuff out, please.
  • ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
    @MikeHart basically the export stuff is available, we are already trying it out, but while winrt stuff (desktop and phone) misses couple of API's, then in plain desktop export we are trying to find right configurations and behavior that would make sense to end user (setting window dimensions should be orientation based or not, should exported apps have autoscale by default, or provide setResolution method separately to scale canvas, or should setResolution method better behave like zooming option)

My head almost exploded yesterday trying to wrap it around all that stuff :)

but it seems we will provide the first version in really alpha stage, without those stuffs figured out completely yet, so you could help make right decisions :)
    +1 -1 (+4 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • @ar2rsawseen, perhaps you could check other cross-platform solutions that have desktop export, about their choices, just to get an idea (e.g. unity, openfl).
    but i can imagine that it's hard to get a good combination of the possibilities.

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • Silly question no.1 about this release :)

Does it support encryption of code files and asset files on exporting iOS project yet?
  • SinisterSoftSinisterSoft Maintainer
    edited April 2015
    I think encryption works (but needs to be looked at imho) on iOS. :)

To try out, export then take a look at the lua file in assets. See if it's in plain text or not.

Coder, video game industry veteran (since the '80s, ❤'s assembler), arrested - never convicted hacker (in the '90s), dad of five, he/him (if that even matters!).
  • @MikeHart I think the Metro/RT version is virtually ready to go (needs one or two apis and a sound fix) - John is best to speak to you about that. Win32 good to go apart from an odd orientation bug that makes things a little topsy turvy. Don't know about OSX, but I assume it may have the same bug? I think an alpha is imminent...
  • I recall the stuff gets encrypted but the new gideros libs crash with the encrypted files. I only managed to get plain untouched Lua files working on iOS last time round.
  • Don't do that - it's source code that will be in there...

@MobAmuse from which version did you start having problems with encryptions?
    @SinisterSoft have you noticed any problems also?
  • @ar2rsawseen Not with encyption not working. Only with it not being that secure as it's xor and they key is around the same size as some standard headers. Unless the length has now been changed?
  • @ar2rsawseen Since the Gideros kickstarter versions began pretty much. I've been using .2014 build since with get arounds for iOS 8. I will test it again with the new build but I recall there was another thread on here that is do with it not working and even non-encrypted didn't work, had to use vanilla Lua files to get to run on device.
  • It broke when everything went 64bit for iOS stuff.
  • when you guys say it is ready to go, available... It means on a version you guys have?
    Cause for me Gideros always states "No template found".
    @MikeHart sorry for confusion, when we would be ready to publish it, all backers would receive a notification where to get templates, so you would just need to copy them in and it will work for you.
    +1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • @MikeHart It's an alpha that has issues to do with orientation and scaling. They are all working furiously behind the scenes to get it fixed. It will be worth the wait I promise.
  • john26john26 Maintainer
    Just to add to what @ar2rsawseen and @SinisterSoft said.

The 2015.04.26 is ready to export Windows Phone, Windows Store, Windows Desktop and Mac Desktop apps. However, in accordance with the Kickstarter rewards only backers who pledged £50 or more will receive this new functionality. We will give backers the new export capability by sending additional template files by email. We plan to do this by the end of this week.

The Windows Store/Phone templates are ready for beta (there are a few known limitations like setting sound pitch but we will spell these out)

We are currently finishing off the desktop output as there are some issues with resizing overlapping windows, full screen etc.

In addition I can reveal we have written a Gideros Player for Windows Phone. You can install this on your phone and run apps directly from Gideros Studio just like for iOS and Android. So we will send this app to backers as well. (You can sideload the app directly onto your Windows Phone, no need to recompile manually)
    +1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • MobAmuseMobAmuse Member
    edited April 2015
    Filed on GitHub this morning...

---

Issue: iOS export code and asset encryption not working.

Tested v2015.04.26 today regards this and it does not work.

Only plain Lua code files work not encrypted ones on iOS export.

Crashes on first line of encrypted code in xCode.

---

Just to be clear, the code and assets encrypt OK but the Gideros iOS libs cannot decode them on run it seems unless they are supplied unencrypted.

This has not worked since Gideros went 64bit on iOS.

• antixantix Member
    Exciting, I look forward to installing in the morning :)

edited April 2015
    @MobAmuse I think now they know that then it shouldn't be long before it's fixed. Hopefully at the same time lengthen the xor key to 256 or more bytes too.

• keszeghkeszegh Member
    edited May 2015
    @marcelojunior, thanks for the desktop export, however in noscale mode i have a problem with the simplest way to export a portrait app (originally aimed for android) rotated on the desktop monitor:

my app is in portrait mode, and i want it to be exported laying down, i.e. with landscape orientation (orientation change is handled within my app manually). this works fine:
    i set the gideros win player to landscape left and add application:setFullScreen(true) and run the project, then it works as expected.
    but i cannot do the same for an exported win exe, as this messes up everything:
    add application:setFullScreen(true) and export a windows executable.
    is there a way to say to the exported project when exporting that it should be in 'landscale left' orientation?

i tried adding application:setOrientation(Application.LANDSCAPE_LEFT) to my app but that of course messes up everything as then not the 'player' is rotated but the app.

what should i do? i think the solution would be an option when exporting to say what should be the orientation of the desktop exe be (similarly autoscale etc modes could be configured, basically all the options of the player in which my app will run).

thanks
    @keszegh problem is that in player oriention is used to emulate the device, so you can call it a hardware orientation.

On export app, by default hardware orientation is portrait.

I suggested to set orientation you use in your project settings as hardware orientation for export, but I don't know if that has been done or not, been sick for couple of last days :(
    edited May 2015
    I just got all the templates and copied them to templates dir like it states in the various emails for Gideros v2015.04.26 on Mac, and it complains on export that no templates are found for any of the new export platforms?
  • keszeghkeszegh Member
    @ar2rsawseen, your suggestion makes sense, probably it's not like that now and should be changed.
    and get better
    @MobAmuse did you right click on Gideros Studio.app and selected show package contents and copied the templates there in Contents/Templates?

And also you need to restart Gideros Studio after doing so on Mac

• I will try that in morn and report back thanks.
    edited May 2015
    @ar2rsawseen Works fantastic thanks! :D
    edited May 2015
    Like iOS currently there appears to be no working encryption on the Mac export either?

If you encrypt code or assets on export then the exported run time app breaks. Scary having raw Lua code available in the end user archive of course.

I think encryption needs to be the next port of call, as without it it kinda renders Gideros too open to use in reality as it is.
    edited May 2015
    No encryption on win32 - might change on next release though I hope.

Bytecode should also come back on the next release for everything except iOS as I spotted the problem line and John said he would sort it.

In the meantime if you export an Android version - then copy the .lua files from that over the Win32 or OSX Lua files (you will have to remove the extra extension) then they will work and won't be source code.

imho the move to LuaJIT 'edge' (as bytecode works on iOS) should be fast as anyone who can reverse the XOR encryption (pretty easy) can get access to the source code via the iOS version.