Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
TNT Animator Studio 1.04 Released! 22/08/2012 — Gideros Forum

TNT Animator Studio 1.04 Released! 22/08/2012

Hi Guys finally TNT Animator Studio is Released!

TNT Animator studio is a animation "Suite" for Gideros Mobile.
TNT Animator Studio is composed of two components, the Visual Editor and the Framework. The Visual Editor provides a means to create animations by adding, deleting, and customizing sprite frames. You can manage the speed of the frames, loop the animation, and customize its orientation on screen. When you have finished customizing your animation, it can be exported into a pack file that can be loaded into your Gideros Studio game.

The visual editor is available for use on Mac and Windows computers.

You might ask, “Why use this framework over Gideros’ movieClip animation class?” The reason being, TNT Animator’s framework uses a “time based” system to manage your animations whereas Gideros uses a fame based system. A time based system allows for an animation to run at the same speed no matter what system it is played on. Also, you get the added bonuses of controlling the orientation of the frames and including a stop frame and realtime animation speed change. TNT Animator is based on Gideros’ movieClip so that it retains its efficiency and speed. This way you get all of the benefits with none of the draw backs!

DOWNLOAD NOW,
please visit
http://www.tntengine.com or http://www.tntparticlesengine.com

Ciao!
TNT ENGiNE for Gideors Studio - Particle Engine, Virtual Pad, Animator Studio, Collision Engine - DOWNLOAD NOW !!! IT'S FREE!!! -
www.tntengine.com
+1 -1 (+6 / -0 )Share on Facebook

Comments

• Well done GregBUG! your a coding machine!
  • @GregBUG Very cool! CongoRatz on the great piece of software, again lol :)
    ThumbHurt Games / FB: ThumbHurt Games / FB: Eli/Teranth | Skype: teranth37
  • sunnyguysunnyguy Member
    edited July 2012
    Nice work! I don't really need it for my current game but for a next one I will surely use it! :) I made a small donation to you (I don't have much money right now T_T ), I hope that this will make you keep doing great stuff like this ;)
  • Cogratulations - it's an awesome looking tool!
    WhiteTree Games - Home, home on the web, where the bits and bytes they do play!
    #MakeABetterGame! "Never give up, Never NEVER give up!" - Winston Churchill
  • GregBUGGregBUG Guru
    edited July 2012
    thanks guys. :-*

hoping that this libs came useful for everyone.

(@sunnyguy thanks for your donation i really appreciate! i've just emailed the sources of animator lib)

PS: forgot to say that in v1.00 there are a new event "ANIM_CHANGED" that was not present in beta and RC.

waiting for your feedback! :)
    TNT ENGiNE for Gideors Studio - Particle Engine, Virtual Pad, Animator Studio, Collision Engine - DOWNLOAD NOW !!! IT'S FREE!!! -
    www.tntengine.com
  • sweet thanks GregBUG
  • gorkemgorkem Maintainer
    Thank you @gregbug for your dedication and support for Gideros Studio from day 1 :)

I added your "next big thing" to the list of 3rd party applications supporting Gideros Studio.

Our ecosystem is growing :-)

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
    Hi,
    Is there a way to remove animation from element? If I'm for example playing one time animation like blood splash on hit, I want to remove it after it ends. Right now I set up event for animation stop and try using self.anim:free(), but it does not remove the last frame of stopped animation.

Any other way to do this?
  • GregBUGGregBUG Guru
    edited July 2012
    So the last frame remain visible on screen after self.anim:free() ?
    www.tntengine.com
    well, actually it might be a first frame. or last frame. Can't tell blood is blood :D
    But yeah, something is still left visible.

Here's what I do:

In the beginning:
    local bloodTexture = TexturePack.new("animations/blood/Blood.txt", "animations/blood/Blood.png")
    self.bloodLoader = CTNTAnimatorLoader.new()
    self.bloodLoader:loadAnimations("animations/blood/Blood.tan", bloodTexture, true)
    Then when player get's hit (player is also an animation)
    local anim = CTNTAnimator.new(self.bloodLoader)
    local r = math.random(1, 4)
    anim:setAnimation("BLOOD"..r)
    anim:setSpeed(100)
    anim:setLoop(false)
    anim:addChildAnimation(self.player)
    anim:addEventListener("ANIM_STOP", function()
    	print("anim stop")
    	--self.player:removeChild(anim) -- does not work
    	anim:setVisible(false) -- does not work
    	anim:free() --does not work
    end) 
    anim:playAnimation()
    Something is still left visible after animation ends
  • ok.
    let me look at it...
    probably it's my bug!

wait...

www.tntengine.com
  • GregBUGGregBUG Guru
    edited July 2012
    @ar2rsawseen
    ok. thanks for report. confirmed. my fault! sorry! :(

now setVisible() and isVisible() works :)
    now free() stop animation on default stopframe and erase the frame on screen and free memory! :)

EDIT:
    also added new event:

"ANIM_FREE"
    dispatched when free an animation.

sorry for the incovenience.

repackaging now new version 1.01 and update on my site.

thanks for report!!!

let me know if works fine for you now! ;;)
    www.tntengine.com
    Wow that was fast :)

Well visibility and free works now. Only thing I noticed, that method free probably should be locked inside events? Because every time I call anim:free() inside ANIM_STOP event I get a "C stack overflow" error.

If I put it inside a Timer (same hack I used to do with box2d objects) it works well without errors:
    anim:addEventListener("ANIM_STOP", function()
    	print("anim stop")
    	anim:setVisible(false)
    	local timer = Timer.new(1,1)
    	timer:addEventListener(Event.TIMER_COMPLETE, function()
    		anim:free()
    	end)
    	timer:start()
    end)
  • GregBUGGregBUG Guru
    edited July 2012
    hmmm... :-?
    when i go home from work i'll test!!! ;)
    stay tuned! B-)
    www.tntengine.com
  • GregBUGGregBUG Guru
    edited July 2012
    @ar2rsawseen
    ok. just fixed.

tonight new update! (1.02)

:D
    www.tntengine.com
    wait wait wait :)
    What about transforming animations? is it possible the same way as sprites? Set rotation around anchor point or apply matrix transformation?

As I said before I have a blood stain animation when player get's hit. I would like to apply direction based blood animation, and it would be cool to use the same animation only rotate it so stains would fly to the direction of hit, not only to one direction.

So is it possible?
  • Hey @GregBUG,

Thank you so much for releasing this! I'm using it in my next project, and my productivity has gone waaay up now that I don't have to build my own animations!

I'm having a small issue though, and I think it may be related to how I use TNT Animator Studio.

In order to build animations for a character walking left and right, I used a texture pack drawn for walking right, and then used those same images to build the animation for walking left, only I flipped each frame about it's axis to make it facing left.

The issue I have is that although the animations all work (walking left and right), when walking left (the animation where all the frames were flipped in animator studio) the location and bounding box of the animation is still located where the walking right animation would be located.

So... is this a bug, or am I not using the Studion correctly, OR is it a problem with my code? I've been doing some troubleshooting, and I cannot find an issue with my code... yet.

Thanks again!

P.S: I can post pics if you need!
  • @ar2rsawseen
    for now you can refer to internal ref. "mClip"
    where you can apply all you want! (transformations, matrix trasformations, etc.).

for example add to exampe2 in
    in main.lua -> function CPlayer:init(playerType)

self.anim.mClip:setRotation(120)
    and sprite will be rotated! ;)

@joelghill thanks for using my lib....
    when i go home i'll look at your problem! :)
    (in meantime can you email me a simple example?)

www.tntengine.com
    Nice thanks ;)
    Too bad I've missed the beta versioning, would have already annoyed you with such things :)
  • Nice thanks ;)
    Too bad I've missed the beta versioning, would have already annoyed you with such things :)
    @ar2rsawseen ahahahah!!! ;) no problem!!!

are you offering for the beta test of TNT Collision? ;)
    www.tntengine.com
  • Hey @GregBUG,

I've made a zip of my project as it is right now (it's quite small, mostly just trying to get collision detection and map loading working).

I'll just attach it here in case others want to check it out. Feel free to use anything you find useful (that goes for everyone on the forum). Basically what it does is load a tilemap, create an instance of my player class on the map. Use the accelerometer to move left and right, and tap to jump and/or fly.

Cheers!

P.S: Most of the assets are in the zip (I think), but may need to be relocated within Gideros Studio.
    zip
    zip
    Leyenda Playground.zip
    Sure I will gladly participate in beta tests, especially if I'll have a project to test it on, you'd get old of including numerous feature requests :)
  • GregBUGGregBUG Guru
    edited July 2012
    @joelghill i just had a quick read to your code (not tested because are missing some files)...
    try to use for collision detection "getBounds()"
    (not use getWidth or getX)

in "function Sprite:checkCollision(sprite2)" (engine.lua)
    and in "Sprite:getCollisionPoints()"

for collision detection...

look at:
    http://www.giderosmobile.com/forum/discussion/comment/8324#Comment_8324

let me know!

PS: i love your game leyenda! it's running on my sgs3 now! :)
    www.tntengine.com
  • Sure I will gladly participate in beta tests, especially if I'll have a project to test it on, you'd get old of including numerous feature requests :)
    so you are on my next beta team!... :D
    www.tntengine.com
    edited July 2012
    but back to tnt Animator. How about an event on animation iteration. Event that is dispacthed on every animation loop.

I just need to do some background checking so I set up a timer which is a parallel to animation. It would be cool to have it already implemented :)

Only dunno from performance stand point. Is timer more efficient?

• GregBUGGregBUG Guru
    edited July 2012
    but back to tnt Animator. How about an event on animation iteration. Event that is dispacthed on every animation loop.

I just need to do some background checking so I set up a timer which is a parallel to animation. It would be cool to have it already implemented :)

Only dunno from performance stand point. Is timer more efficient?

when developing animator i really would like to have an event on every animation loop
    not implemented only for performance doubt.

can i try to add this event... and see what happen...

maybe @atilim can suggest if event is more efficient of timer...?
    or how events would impact over performance!

:-/

...EDIT...

about accessing mClip to rotate sprite or other transformations...

what do you think if i rename mClip in "sprite"

so you can access direcly with "anim.sprite:setRotation(90)"

???
    www.tntengine.com
    Well basically timers are the same events dispatched. Aren't they?
    But yes @atilim, would want to hear on overall impact on performance
  • Hey @GregBUG,

That seemed to help! I found some other issues afterwards that I was able to fix through trial and error as well! Thanks a million!
  • GregBUGGregBUG Guru
    edited July 2012
    @joelghill
    glad it helped! :)
    www.tntengine.com
  • HI!
    A little update (again) for my TNT Animator Studio
    in this release 1.03
    + Free() “C stack overflow” error Fixed – report by ar2rsawseen
    + internal reference to animation sprites changed from .mClip to .sprite
    + Added new Event “ANIM_NEWLOOP” on animation loop restart. released every new animloop is restarted.
    + Added new function “CTNTAnimator:getSpriteHandle” that return anim sprite handle
    (is like direct accesing to CTNTAnimator.sprite) and so you can apply
    all Gideros sprite transformations and effects (ex: setRotation, setColorTransformm, etc)

ciao ciao!!!
    Download NOW! - www.tntengine.com
    (and please if you use it support me with a donation!)

www.tntengine.com