Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat
Does Ad plugin support Admob mediation? - Gideros Forum

Does Ad plugin support Admob mediation?

Apollo14Apollo14 Member
edited August 10 in Game & application design
Hi guys!
I'm using regular Admob without mediation.

To enable mediation I just have to change settings in Admob's control panel and it will be enough?
Or something else has to be changed inside plugin?
(I've seen one post about it, but no further info http://forum.giderosmobile.com/discussion/comment/57776/#Comment_57776 )

Thx!

> Newcomers roadmap: from where to start learning Gideros
"What one programmer can do in one month, two programmers can do in two months." - Fred Brooks
“The more you do coding stuff, the better you get at it.” - Aristotle (322 BC)
+1 -1 (+1 / -0 ) Share on Facebook

Comments

• Apollo14Apollo14 Member
    edited August 12
    Guys? No info??
    @hgy29 @SinisterSoft
    "What one programmer can do in one month, two programmers can do in two months." - Fred Brooks
  • SinisterSoftSinisterSoft Maintainer
    I don't know - I use AppLovin and Unity Ads.

I would think that to turn on mediation you would also need the libs for each of the ad platforms you allow - I'm not sure. I'd like to know too though.
    Coder, video game industry veteran (since the '80s, ❤'s assembler), arrested - never convicted hacker (in the '90s), dad of five, he/him (if that even matters!).
    https://deluxepixel.com
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    I don't know either, I only used AppLovin and Unity Ads too so far, and I didn't work on admob plugin code. I am moving away from ad based monetization for a while anyway, my next games will be ad-free, either paid with a trial period or unlockable through iap. Ads have become way too painful to manage due to GDPR, kids protection and similar stuff.
    +1 -1 (+2 / -0 ) Share on Facebook
  • Got it, thx!
  • edited August 12
    @Apollo14 One way you can handle it yourself is write an android bridge functions to call some common function like preloadedAds, isAdAvaiable, showAds() .. Then do the following step:

Step 1: Export Gideros to Android Studio Project
    Step 2: Import all native Mediation Admob if need, maybe you only need config Gradle file to make AdMob mediation to work
    Step 3: Use the plugin above to call the function from LUA to Android then you good to go

Good luck!

Coming soon
    +1 -1 (+2 / -0 ) Share on Facebook
  • SinisterSoftSinisterSoft Maintainer
    edited August 12
    @hgy29 Off topic, but have you managed to get IAP working on UWP?

Coder, video game industry veteran (since the '80s, ❤'s assembler), arrested - never convicted hacker (in the '90s), dad of five, he/him (if that even matters!).
    https://deluxepixel.com
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    @SinisterSoft, I didn't try yet, I will do it as the last part of my game refactoring.