Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat
New 'Megacool' plugin - how to use it? - Gideros Forum

New 'Megacool' plugin - how to use it?

Hey guys!

I'm testing new awesome Megacool plugin.
Just one little question - what should I insert into "URL scheme" field? (in plugin settings, and in Megacool.com dashboard)
It can be any string I want? (like "MY_TEST_URL_SCHEME2")
(I didn't fully understand the concept from google's docs)
Thx!

> Newcomers roadmap: from where to start learning Gideros
"What one programmer can do in one month, two programmers can do in two months." - Fred Brooks
url_scheme.png
760 x 903 - 83K

Comments

• Currently I have no idea. Don't forget this is an early version. We spotted a problem if the screen resizes somehow. I think @hgy29 may have a solution for this though.

There should also be a way for the user to preview the gif before sharing it. So we need to add that.

But you are right - the plugin is awesome!

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 ) Share on Facebook
  • olegoleg Member
    edited October 16

image.png
    711 x 621 - 80K
    111.PNG
    290 x 217 - 11K
  • Okay it seems that it can be any string, like "WHATEVER_TEST_SCHEME"
    I've sent test shares via WhatsApp, it works perfectly well.

Just one issue - I can't change sharing text.
    Guys, does this call work for you?
    Megacool.setSharingText("Testing share text")
    --main.lua:26: attempt to call field 'setSharingText' (a nil value)
    > Newcomers roadmap: from where to start learning Gideros
    "What one programmer can do in one month, two programmers can do in two months." - Fred Brooks
  • I added that after release, if you look at the wiki, the version of gideros it will be in is the next one. ( Available since: Gideros 2018.10.1 )

I think @hgy29 is looking at getting it to restart megacool if the resolution changes which is an issue we have recently discovered and reported to them. We figured out a fix and they said it should work, but we have yet to add it.

The resolution can change if you change from portrait to landscape, samsung devices can also change the screen size whilst the game is running. It should also reset if you awake from a suspend event.
    +1 -1 (+2 / -0 ) Share on Facebook