Hi ladies and gentlemens, and dear Gideros users,
Did you ever heard about a thing called 'Facebook Instant Games' ? Well, if you do, then maybe you'd like to know that we've been working hard to make Gideros compatible with these. Don't believe us or don't know what it is all about ? Read here: https://developers.facebook.com/blog/post/2018/03/14/instant-games-platform-open/
and notice your favorite SDK is listed here: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/games/instant-games/engine-recommendations
Hurry up and develop the next great instant game for facebook messenger with Gideros.Get the new version now!
With this new release you'll also get:
- Procedural sound effects plugin (Thanks to Paul Carter)
- Steam plugin (Thanks to @totebo)
- Huge speed improvement on HTML5
- Rendertarget accepts an autoscale argument to match screen resolution
- Desktop export now can be synced to vertical screen refresh (vsync)
Not that there are a few things that still doesn't work correctly regarding instant games, we'll try to fix them ASAP with Facebook's help:
- setClip() doesn't behave correctly on mobile messenger (works ok in desktop browser)
- rotating the device causes layout issues, again on mobile messenger only
- procedural sounds don't work in HTML, we are investigating...
Thanks to all people involved who made this possible, including Facebook team!
keszegh, talis, Apollo14, totebo, oleg, Atavismus, antix, SinisterSoft, pie, saeys, MobAmuse