Hi ladies and gentlemens, and dear Gideros users,
Did you ever heard about a thing called 'Facebook Instant Games' ? Well, if you do, then maybe you'd like to know that we've been working hard to make Gideros compatible with these. Don't believe us or don't know what it is all about ? Read here: https://developers.facebook.com/blog/post/2018/03/14/instant-games-platform-open/
and notice your favorite SDK is listed here: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/games/instant-games/engine-recommendations
Hurry up and develop the next great instant game for facebook messenger with Gideros.Get the new version now!
With this new release you'll also get:
- Procedural sound effects plugin (Thanks to Paul Carter)
- Steam plugin (Thanks to @totebo)
- Huge speed improvement on HTML5
- Rendertarget accepts an autoscale argument to match screen resolution
- Desktop export now can be synced to vertical screen refresh (vsync)
Not that there are a few things that still doesn't work correctly regarding instant games, we'll try to fix them ASAP with Facebook's help:
- setClip() doesn't behave correctly on mobile messenger (works ok in desktop browser)
- rotating the device causes layout issues, again on mobile messenger only
- procedural sounds don't work in HTML, we are investigating...
Thanks to all people involved who made this possible, including Facebook team!