Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat
Meet future Gideros guru :) - Gideros Forum

Meet future Gideros guru :)

Apollo14Apollo14 Member
edited October 2017 in Introduce yourself
I've been here a while, but only now decided to dive into Gideros :)
My name is George, I've been working as a web developer during last 5 years (the reason I quit: webdev/SEO is extremely overcrowded due to low skill requirements).

So 2 months ago I decided to try Android/iOS development.
I was new to gamedev, so it was hard for me to decide what engine to use.
I was choosing between Unity/Unreal, or maybe even Construct 2 cause it's more newbie-friendly.
Ninjadoodle recommended Gideros, and I'm extremely grateful for that :)

I've noticed that there are very few newbie video tutorials for Gideros and I felt like I really needed them. :) So for two months I was playing with Construct, learning some basic game logic and mechanics.
I planned to release one or two cute little mini-games, using Construct. But, freaking hell, Construct creates so much unnecessary trouble with Cocoon.js exporting that I decided to skip it for good. When it comes to mobile, there are sooo much ugly problems in Construct, which in Gideros (or any other decent software) don't exist at all.

So hi guys! This is my introduction! More newbie questions from me will be coming soon... :)

P. S. By the way, guys, do you know what is better for mobile 3D/VR/AR development - Unity or Unreal?
I just know that they are brilliant for PC games, but how mobile-friendly are they? How newbie-friendly are they? Is mobile even a high priority for them?

Right now it seems like even poor designed android apps become popular just because they are 3D or AR :) (i'm talking about apps of this type: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.akillimum.remotecarar )
Who knows, maybe the greatest opportunities are hidden in new hype technologies like this. It's like developing apps at the beginning of android era, many developers became rich because they were among first pioneers) What do you think about AR now?
> Newcomers roadmap: from where to start learning Gideros
"What one programmer can do in one month, two programmers can do in two months." - Fred Brooks
+1 -1 (+3 / -0 ) Share on Facebook

Comments