Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat
How to use "Gaming" plugin? - Page 2 - Gideros Forum

How to use "Gaming" plugin?

2»

Comments

• Apollo14Apollo14 Member
    edited September 2
    1) I've uploaded Gideros Player apk to GooglePlay console, released it as 'alpha'.
    2) Enabled 'Google Drive' API in google dev console
    3) Added my own email adress to the list of testers in 'Google Play Console -> App releases -> Internal track test'
    First day I couldn't download my own alpha version from Google Play, as alpha tester.
    Next day I was able to access it.

Guys how to show auth info during authorizing? (like on screenshot below, it isn't shown in my app, though authorization is successful)

How to access all user's info? (I've attached two screenshots)
    When I authorize in my freshly exported app, it does not ask "access to your age and language data" (while it requires that permission when I authorize in @totebo 's NoBrakes.io)
    print(googleplay:getPlayerName()) --it works
    local playerAvatar=googleplay:getPlayerPicture() --it crushes app
    How to get more info? User's age, country, etc?
    Screenshot_2018-08-31-14-25-13-918_com.google.android.gms.png
    1080 x 1920 - 157K
    Screenshot_2018-09-02-09-55-05-876_com.google.android.gms.png
    1080 x 1920 - 192K
    Screenshot_2018-09-02-09-57-12-281_com.playdemic.golf.android2.png
    400 x 711 - 34K
    > Newcomers roadmap: from where to start learning Gideros
    "What one programmer can do in one month, two programmers can do in two months." - Fred Brooks
  • That may be in an update, I noticed the same issue, it was fixed, but that fix may be in the current internal test version - not in the actual release, I'm not sure.
  • Apollo14Apollo14 Member
    edited September 15
    Hey guys! There's one more arcanum to make 'Gaming' plugin work:
    http://forum.giderosmobile.com/discussion/comment/42515/#Comment_42515
    We have to manually edit our app's ID in 'ids.xml' before apk export (otherwise apk won't authorize in Google Play)
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Gideros\All Plugins\gaming\source\Android\res\values\ids.xml

Can we add Player's avatar to stage as bitmap?
    playerAvatar=googleplay:getPlayerPicture()
    print(playerAvatar)
    --prints string "content://com.google.android.gms.games.background/images/28fc1e35/715"
    "What one programmer can do in one month, two programmers can do in two months." - Fred Brooks
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    You don’t need to modify ids.xml by yourself in the template, and in fact you really shouldn’t do that since it will break plugin export. Export systems replaces the app id in there by the one you set up in gaming plugin configuration when you export your project.

For avatar, unfortunately gideros doesn’t know yet how to open ‘content’ URLs.

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 ) Share on Facebook
  • hgy29 said:

You don’t need to modify ids.xml by yourself in the template, and in fact you really shouldn’t do that since it will break plugin export. Export systems replaces the app id in there by the one you set up in gaming plugin configuration when you export your project.

Great!
    I guess I had this issue because I've exported Gideros player only (blank project).
  • @Apollo14 I make a player in Gideros for each project with all it's specific plugins, etc - signed with the production key.

All you do is export the project as you would do for production, but just have the selector set to player.

I then copy it to a dropbox folder on my pc called 'players' and then on my phone or device I have dropbox installed, I go to the players folder and install the apk.

• hgy29 said:

Can we get user's gender? (is it male or female playing our game)

How to access user's information?
    googleplay:getPlayerInfo()
    googleplay:addEventListener(Event.PLAYER_INFORMATION_COMPLETE , function()
    	print"Player info received"
    end)
    After this call some information is received, but what kind of information was received and how to access it? Is it saved to some table somewhere?
  • @Apollo14 As privacy laws invade the 'gaming space' you will see less and less information being given, for example Amazon have closed all of their social gaming stuff, facebook give less information, etc. I wouldn't use anything other than the person's nickname/handle and their public avatar image - anything else will most likely be gone soon.

• Google Play tend to use the avatar images, which are not that personal, so maybe they have/will allow those to be pulled.
    My Gideros games: www.totebo.com
  • thanks everyone
    Công ty rut ham cau gia re giá rẻ dịch vụ rút hầm cầu giá rẻ tận tâm