Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Gideros Update 2015.02 — Gideros Forum

Gideros Update 2015.02

ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
edited April 2015 in Announcements
Hello guys and girls

I've now merged all pending pull requests built and now testing the new build with awesome features like:
New player resolutions
Auto player scaling
Fullscreen player
Scaling images in preview to fit them
It also should work with Retina display
And of course fat binaries for ios
Also tested and it works for me on Yosemite.

Release available here: https://github.com/gideros/gideros/releases/tag/2015.02

Please try it out and leave feedback

P.S I know there are many pending requests to my managed plugins as Ads and Multimedia, etc, but I'm firstly concentrating on main Gideros building now and well, you only have as much free time as you have :)
+1 -1 (+4 / -0 )Share on Facebook

Comments

• hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Nice :) But I think there is a practical issue with one the latests pulls for those (like me) compiling on windows platform: some directories are now duplicated, one with capital letter first and the other fully lowercase, which cause issues because windows files are case insensitive.

I have synced my repo with the master gideros repo, and of course my computer assumes that those two directories are the same, and hence will be in contradiction with the repo as long as two directories with the same name will be present in upstream...

@ar2rsawseen, could this be fixed ?

• Uploaded builds and shared the link in first post
  • @hgy29 hmm I did not experience any issues. Is it repo related or installation related?

If repo, then while syncing, it should have been updated to the repo state, as in removing old ones and adding new ones.

So for now I don't understand the issue you have, sorry :)
  • @ar2rsawseen are you saying that we cannot use yet Ads plugin for iOS 64 bit deliveries?
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    @ar2rsawseen, let me explain more: in gideros repository, there is a folder
    gideros/player/Forms
    and another one called
    gideros/player/forms
    . Git has no problem with that of course, and neither do MacOS nor Linux. But windows filesystems are case insensitive, which means that those two folders are considered to have the same name, and only one is created during checkout which contains the files from both git directories.

But if I ever want to commit changes, git will see that one the directory is missing from my local repo and will try to delete that missing directory in the upstream too!
    It would be less problematic for windows users if those two directories would be merged into a unique one.

Am I clearer ?
  • @grotly since all gideros plugins come as sources for ios and not binaries, you can still use them. What I'm saying is I don't have time to fix bugs and update them currently :)
  • @hgy29 yes I see
    and I see commit which did that, will fix sources

;)
  • @hgy29 interesting, also I see them differently in github:
    https://github.com/gideros/gideros/tree/master/player

when cloned on my Windows machine, they are all in uppercased directories, no lower cased ones. Of course same happens on Linux and OSX, so I don't really know how to fix it, since they are in single directories on all OSes I try
  • will the media plugin work with this version on android?

i'm referring to this problem of mine:
    http://giderosmobile.com/forum/discussion/comment/40568#Comment_40568

thanks
  • New version, awesome! Just tested it on a Macbook Pro with retina display. The text is smooth, feels like a new development environment. :)

The Gideros Player crashes, though. Immediately after it's launched it shuts down with the standard Mac crash dialogue. I tested the game on the old player which worked fine.

My Gideros games: www.totebo.com
    +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Many thanks @ar2rsawseen, no more directory issues :)

• keszeghkeszegh Member
    edited February 2015
    i do not completely understand how resizing of the window works. maybe as my apps are set to 'noresize-topleft', but when i resize the window the app is not resized. is that not possible?
    would not be logical to have two kind of resize modes for the player, similarly to an app, one mode that resizes the player in a way that the app itself does not notice that (i.e. when i set the player to full-screen the app should cover the whole are (modulo letterbox) and one mode that resizes the player in the way it happens now, and also fires an event that the windows was resized, so the app can handle the change.

let me know if i miss something.

also, if i resize the windows what event is fired now (is there one?)?

EDIT: i tried an app with letterbox etc scale modes and it works as expected in those cases, so i understand that one does not want all these same modes for the player itself, thus only two questions remain:
    1) if my app is in no-resize mode then is there any event that i can catch which tells me that the window was resized?
    2) in letterbox scale mode when i resize then e.g. in the bird gideros demo the birds are flying off-screen which looks weird, these off-screen happenings should be cropped by the player.

• Sorry guys, known bug with player on Retina, trying to fix now ;)

• @keszegh no it won't fix the plugins yet, but hopefully will rebuild them on next spare time as next weekend if everything goes smooth with Gideros build ;)

About scaling, then yes, no scale top left is what it says, no scale top left, so no scaling there, only scalable modes are scaling on auto scale

• thanks, @ar2rsawseen, and what about
    1) if my app is in no-resize mode then is there any event that i can catch which tells me that the window was resized?
    2) in letterbox scale mode when i resize then e.g. in the bird gideros demo the birds are flying off-screen which looks weird, these off-screen happenings should be cropped by the player.
    ?

(i suppose @marcelojunior could implement 2, and perhaps 1 too if there is no such event yet)
  • @keszegh true there is no window resize event and probably will be something that is needed for Desktop version
    About second, I think it works exactly how it would supposed to, while releasing your game, you would work for specific resolutions or device ratios, but this kind of effect helps to see what is going on offscreen while developing app, at least for me it helps this way :)

• So I updated the Mac version, please guys check if it is working on Retina now, as I don't have retina, can't really tell :)
  • @aer2rsawseen - yes I don't think they should be clipped (yet) as it is useful - maybe a command in the program/player could be added to show 'clipped' sprites though - as clipping really should be done in final programs to speed up drawing.
    Coder, video game industry veteran (since the '80s, ❤'s assembler), arrested - never convicted hacker (in the '90s), dad of five, he/him (if that even matters!).
    https://deluxepixel.com
  • @ar2rsawseen, @SinisterSoft, i agree that best would be to have a clipping option in player, and also when one exports a final app (when desktop export comes) then clipping should be the default option. and also that 'resize' event would be quite useful.

• Gideros Player crashes in Yosemite 10.10.1:

Process: Gideros Player [604]
    Path: /Applications/Gideros Studio/Gideros Player.app/Contents/MacOS/Gideros Player
    Identifier: com.appcodingeasy.Gideros Player
    Version: ???
    Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
    Parent Process: ??? [1]
    Responsible: Gideros Player [604]
    User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2015-02-28 23:15:28.783 +0100
    OS Version: Mac OS X 10.10.1 (14B25)
    Report Version: 11
    Anonymous UUID: C1B9C023-A50D-F44A-A511-7C273EB76D0A

Time Awake Since Boot: 4400 seconds

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_INSTRUCTION (SIGILL)
    Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000000000

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
    0 libpng16.16.dylib 0x000000010fb2cf10 png_sig_cmp + 932
    1 libpng16.16.dylib 0x000000010fb34860 png_create_read_struct_2 + 19
    2 libpng16.16.dylib 0x000000010fb34847 png_create_read_struct + 27
    3 libgid.1.dylib 0x000000010e53b802 gimage_parsePng + 178
    4 com.appcodingeasy.Gideros Player 0x000000010e4194fc Dib::Dib(Application*, char const*, bool, bool, bool, unsigned int) + 396
    5 com.appcodingeasy.Gideros Player 0x000000010e436323 TextureManager::createTextureFromFile(char const*, TextureParameters const&) + 627
    6 com.appcodingeasy.Gideros Player 0x000000010e435eb2 TextureBase::TextureBase(Application*, char const*, Filter, Wrap, Format, bool, unsigned int) + 114
    7 com.appcodingeasy.Gideros Player 0x000000010e435d54 Texture::Texture(Application*, char const*, Filter, Wrap, Format, bool, unsigned int) + 36
    8 com.appcodingeasy.Gideros Player 0x000000010e40607e TextureBinder::create(lua_State*) + 766
    9 liblua.1.dylib 0x000000010e5f3e3f luaD_precall + 623
  • I have test with Gideros Studio 201502 and Gideros Player 201401 and works.

The problem with Gideros Player since 201410 and Yosemite is still there.
  • I wish someone could fix the player bug. :-S
  • ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
    edited March 2015
    Hmm, but thats a problem, I build it on Yosemite and tested it on Yosemite (10.10.2) and it works. Is this specific code that crashes or simply player without any code?

And it seems to be the same error with png, right.

1) Are you guys sure you copied files over correctly. Can you try deleting existing installation, before dragging over to Applications?

2) Can you try installing libpng. The easiest way is to install homebrew:
    http://brew.sh/

And then running

brew rm libpng
    brew install libpng
    brew link --overwrite libpng
    edited March 2015
    Ok since the last build I've also fixed couple of xcode issues, as changes the architecture for template and Gideros player, implemented ios 8 rotation fix and changed sound channel, so it won't mute background apps (sorry Atilim :) )

So now xcode exporting should be seamless (exporting without changes, well except project name, version, and other similar stuff :) )

But want to find the fixes for current problems:
    1) Retina bug division by zero
    2) Png crash on some OSX

before making another build

• jdbcjdbc Member
    Hmm, but thats a problem, I build it on Yosemite and tested it on Yosemite (10.10.2) and it works. Is this specific code that crashes or simply player without any code?

And it seems to be the same error with png, right.

1) Are you guys sure you copied files over correctly. Can you try deleting existing installation, before dragging over to Applications?

2) Can you try installing libpng. The easiest way is to install homebrew:
    http://brew.sh/

And then running

brew rm libpng
    brew install libpng
    brew link --overwrite libpng
    I have updated to Yosemite 10.10.2, use brew to install libpng but Gideros Player crashes.
  • keszeghkeszegh Member
    edited March 2015
    bug report:
    when setting view/zoom/fit to window (alt w) in giderosplayer, it hangs up (already when no app is running).
  • keszeghkeszegh Member
    edited March 2015
    and now from zerobrane i cannot run the player for some reason.
    EDIT: the problem is that now the player starts up slower and zbs times out, changing the timeout values in the zbs gideros.lua file solved the problem, although it's annoying that the player starts so slowly. and also the 'fit to window' bug is present.
    Don't hesitate submitting bugs and descriptions to github, it will be easier to track them this way ;)