Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Update on Version 2 — Gideros Forum

Update on Version 2

zakkwyldezakkwylde Member
edited June 2014 in General questions
Hi,

Can you please provide an update on the next Update. Things have gone quiet again, the blog has not been update in 2 months.......

Communication is important.

Thanks

Z
+1 -1 (+4 / -0 )Share on Facebook

Comments

• ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
    Hello @zakkwylde

The team is well aware that many users are expecting a progress update soon.
    Unfortunately there are parts of our plan that I can not be publicly discuss, so you will have to wait for @atilim to give an official response.
    +1 -1 (+3 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • SinisterSoftSinisterSoft Maintainer
    Hopefully there will be an update on what is happening soon. :)
    Coder, video game industry veteran (since the '80s, ❤'s assembler), arrested - never convicted hacker (in the '90s), dad of five, he/him (if that even matters!).
    https://deluxepixel.com
  • HubertRonaldHubertRonald Member
    edited June 2014
    Hi @zakkwylde

The wait (Gideros Update) is understandable (I also want this), perhaps because there are two types of resolutions (You know the rumors) of the iPhone 6, and apparently the iWatch (maybe its system'll be iOS 8 and theoretically we could make apps for this gadget) and maybe iWatch will be also at the market in this year, because the Xcode 6 Beta is including the ability to code for "resizable" iPhones and iPads.

I think this WWDC 2014 there have been major changes for developers as the Swift apart from the above and other policies that have cut some forms of monetization.

But like @SinisterSoft

Hopefully there will be an update on what is happening soon. :)
  • MellsMells Guru
    edited June 2014
    @HubertRonald
    On top of that my guess is that the expectations and ask for more communication are not only about feature requests, and that there is a deeper concern behind it for some users.
    twitter@TheWindApps Artful applications : The Wind Forest. #art #japan #apps
    edited June 2014
    Hi @Mells after time

It's a mixture of several things ... features, feelings and safety, in previous post I have already talked about the last two, so I wanted to share what turns on my head about the features (like child who will receive a new toy :D) as I had not opined on features, since there are new users here who may not be aware of the things that would be changing.

I say this from experience, because I felt about this, last year here in this forum (I was newbie here), you are more focused on learning lua and understand Gideros, so what you think others is in second order, It could also be that you're busy with other activities so sometimes is good to have on hand some kind of summary of what is happening around you.

That just my 2 cents, as I once told @ar2rsawseen so I didn't study to be a lawyer because appreciations are difficult to express and understand while trying to watch what you say. =))
  • @HubertRonald
    I was not commenting on what you included in your post. That's great that you share the news around app dev with Gideros.
    I was commenting about the reasons why @zakkwylde created that discussion and that, my guess is, there are deep concerns behind it.

But as @ar2rsawseen said, hopefully @atilim will provide the users with an update on the progress and address @zakkwylde concerns :
    "Things have gone quiet again, the blog has not been update in 2 months......."

twitter@TheWindApps Artful applications : The Wind Forest. #art #japan #apps
    +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • Hi,

I am not trying to cause issues. Gideros is a great product and I believe in it. I always look at other options, and keep coming back to it.

There are people way more invested in Gideros than I (at this stage) that have concerns about what is communicated (even rarely) and what is delivered. There is always 'business' impacts that we are not privy too and that is fine, but keeping people updated is important. Regular releases is important.

A few ideas for discussion.
    - Allow everyone to use the beta of version2 to assist with finding issues and hopefully getting this to a stable place sooner.
    - probably not viable, but would you consider opening up some or all of the code on github and allow other to assist with adding extra "standard" Gideros functionality? for example culling non visible sprites should have been implemented ages ago?
    - Blog updates, next release, next IOS SDk update plans.......

How can we help you!
    edited June 2014
    Don't worry @zakkwylde, we aren't trolls maybe we're some funny crazies ;)
  • @atilim to give an official response.. soon...... :-\"