Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
How to remove an app from "memory" and reload it again? — Gideros Forum

How to remove an app from "memory" and reload it again?

MellsMells Guru
edited September 2013 in General questions
Hi,

my question seems broad but I hope you will get what I mean.

Gideros (or the player, I don't know) is keeping a file in memory.
It's reading its the content, but the thing is : I have already deleted the file from my computer.

It seems to be loaded somewhere in memory (is that related to : tmp/myDeletedFile.lua.bin? - I'm testing with the desktop player), how can I refresh the content of the app and load everything again?

Thanks!

twitter@TheWindApps Artful applications : The Wind Forest. #art #japan #apps

Comments

• ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
    edited September 2013 Accepted Answer
    Is it a resource directory file or documents file?

If it is a resource directory file (the one you add in Gideros Studio) then even if you delete it from file system, it will still be used (using cached version) until you remove it from Gideros Studio.

In both cases, you can go to our app folder on your computer (same path as |D| folder only one level app, |D| folder is actually in your app folder)
    http://members.giderosmobile.com/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=57

That is where all the cached files are stored, simply remove [YOUR APP NAME] folder and thats it ;)

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • MellsMells Guru
    edited September 2013
    As simple as that.
    I needed to let my file added to (referenced in) the resources folder even if it does not exist.
    thank you @ar2rsawseen. Great support as always on this forum.
    twitter@TheWindApps Artful applications : The Wind Forest. #art #japan #apps
  • ianchiaianchia Member
    edited September 2013
    Hi @ar2rsawseen … FYI, the Mac instructions in your knowledge base do not work for OSX 10.8

When I looked at the original thread, @atilim's instructions are to use within Terminal.app:

open $TMPDIR/gideros/

which does work. Can you please update the knowledgebase? Also, the Corona IDE has a handy menu item which does this for their product. It might be useful to have a similar thing for the Gideros IDE to save people from hunting around the knowledgebase.

As an addendum, if folk want to debug what's happening on a remote iOS device, I use PhoneView (which *DOES NOT* require jailbreaking your device) to browse what's happening within the app folders while the device is running. PhoneView is available for Mac. http://www.ecamm.com/mac/phoneview/

Best,

- Ian