Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Ads Interface - Page 10 — Gideros Forum

Ads Interface

Comments

• @jdbc I'm using vungle:showAd("v4vc") have you tried v4vc ?
    Coder, video game industry veteran (since the '80s, ❤'s assembler), arrested - never convicted hacker (in the '90s), dad of five, he/him (if that even matters!).
    https://deluxepixel.com
  • jdbcjdbc Member
    @jdbc I'm using vungle:showAd("v4vc") have you tried v4vc ?
    If I use vungle:showAd("v4vc") I get the message "vungle AD_FAILED No V4VC"

Heyzap video ads is working fine, may be there is no video ads available for testing.

• If there are no video adverts available on Vungle I have the AD_FAILED start a heyzap advert call - that way at least they usually see something.
    Coder, video game industry veteran (since the '80s, ❤'s assembler), arrested - never convicted hacker (in the '90s), dad of five, he/him (if that even matters!).
  • yubaroyubaro Member
    edited March 2014
    Hi!...How to place banner admob in center-bottom in landscape_left?...
  • Solution : android:screenOrientation="landscape" in activity of AndroidManifest

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • Hello,

I've recived the following crash report from Google Play developer console:

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.giderosmobile.android.plugins.ads.AdsManager.load(AdsManager.java:89)
    at com.giderosmobile.android.plugins.ads.frameworks.AdsTapfortap.interstitialOnReceive(AdsTapfortap.java:176)
    at com.tapfortap.Interstitial$1$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:587)
    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:92)
    at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:130)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:3687)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:507)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:867)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:625)
    at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

Any idea?

Thank you!
  • Is it possible to make an Ads Interface ad a child of a sprite?
  • ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
    edited March 2014
    @synchrotrongames thanks will check that out
    @Superappman @amaximov is right, it something completely different
  • ¿Can I use the same ID for admob and tapfortap for the different Android stores (Slideme, Samsung, etc.)?
    ¿Is it allowed?
    ¿Can I use the same apk file on all of them?
    ¿Are the different stores legally compatible?
    ¿If I want to upload a game to Amazon aimed to Kindle users can I use admob and tapfortap? (Yes, but differnt IDs right?)

• @synchrotrongames
    1)Yes
    2)Yes
    3)Yes
    4)Yes
    5)Yes, with same ID.
    +1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • Thank you
    Thank you
    Thank you
    Thank you
    Thank you

:)
    +1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • yubaroyubaro Member
    edited March 2014
    @synchrotrongames If you have a button rateme you must forward it to the same market and not to the different, equal one if you have a button more games
  • @yubaro I've already forgot about the rateme thing... thank you for remainding me!
  • Hmm, interesting
    don't have an IOS 5 device, will try on simulator
    @ar2rsawseen were you able to replicate the crash in the simulator (using Ads Interface iad on iOS 5)?

@Superappman yes, will fix in next Ads Interface version ;)
  • @Superappman

Not to rain on your parade, but current population of iOS 5.x.x is less than 3% of active iOS devices, and furthermore iOS 7 makes up 80%.

I'm a fan of backward compatibility, but I know iOS and Xcode can be a real pain when trying to achieve so.

OK, just thought I'd throw that out there. :)
  • I've found another ads provider for you (this one is iOS, Android and WP8)...

http://www.leadbolt.com/

They have all the usual ad types plus audio and video types.
    :D thank you @SinisterSoft
    I actually have implemented leadbolt in the very first AdsInterface version, but since then nobody used it so I stopped updating it and dissmissed.
    But if anyone will be using it, I can add it again :)

• Might be useful, +1 feature vs competition...
  • Leadbolt sucks) Antiviruses still bring warnings about apps with leadbolt. It is same as airpush.

• SinisterSoftSinisterSoft Maintainer
    edited March 2014
    Really? Didn't know that. Thanks for the info.
  • @ar2rsawseen, I see the file JoyAdUnion.jar in libs, but I do not see the file java in plugins/ads...can be used?
    @yubaro hmm, it was not supposed to be there :)
    it was meant for Letang SDK, but now Letang have other cooperation model, so most probably their SDK won't be used anymore
  • jdbcjdbc Member
    edited March 2014
    I was using Heyzap video Ads but it takes a while to show video Ad.

By default AdsHeyzap.java uses:
    HeyzapAds.start(sActivity.get(), HeyzapAds.DISABLE_AUTOMATIC_FETCH);
    so after reading official Heyzap documentation (https://developers.heyzap.com/docs/android_sdk_adsproduct), it means manual fetching. After debugging AdsHeyzap.java source code, it makes
     VideoAd.fetch();
    and after a while
    public void onShow() 
    {
    	if(tag != null)
    		VideoAd.display(sActivity.get(), tag);
    	else
    		VideoAd.display(sActivity.get());
    }
    method is executed.

Can we use a fetch method from lua code to preload ads and do not wait?

I guess Interstitials Ads (with also video) will have the same behaviour. I assume we can use
    HeyzapAds.start(sActivity.get())
    and use automatic fetching.

• I contacted LeadBolt, re the antivirus problem - they said that is hasn't been an issue since they removed natification ads. They contact antivirus companies that remove their ads system if you let them know.
    @jdbc problem with automatic fetching was that it executed AD_REVEIVED event without even calling any method, thus kind of like broke the workflow of how other SDKs work.

But yes you can still prefetch an ad using loadAd function, which does exactly the same

simply pass all the same parameters you would pass to showAd

All loadAd does is loading an ad and executing AD_RECEIVED event without showing an ad, you can then call showAd to display an ad

If there is no preloaded ad, showAd method will also load it to comply with previous Ads Interface behavior ;)

The docs are still not showing it, because I'm working on an IOS version that does the same and will update docs once both platform versions are out ;)
  • @SinisterSoft I saw this alert day before yesterday) From Dr.Web or avira, i don't remember exactly.
  • jdbcjdbc Member
    edited March 2014
    Heyzap is working ok using loadAd("interstitial") or loadAd("video") previously to display Interstitial or video Ad with showAd("interstitial") or showAd("video"). My code is the following:
    -- Heyzap Ads
    heyzap = Ads.new("heyzap")
    heyzap:loadAd("interstitial")
    and when I want to show Ad:
    if heyzap then
       heyzap:showAd("interstitial")
    end
    Anyway I have read Heyzap developer documentation and they recommend to use Interstitials and video, to enable both from dashboard app. So it means we should always use showAd("interstitial") even to display video.