Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Request: Sample Code for a TextBox / TabMenu — Gideros Forum

Request: Sample Code for a TextBox / TabMenu

rdkemptrdkempt Member
edited April 2012 in Suggestions & requests
I am creating a game that requires a tabmenu like this one (the bottom section) http://maniacdev.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/tabmenutabbar.png and some textboxes for input in different areas.

I have created most of the rest of the app but I have no idea how to get these elements into my app. A sample project that would have a textbox (with the keyboard coming up on focus and keyboard go away on leave) or a sample project that shows something like that tab bar menu would be infinitively useful to me right now.

Also, I didn't see any mention of these in the API section, will we ever be able to "natively" create these elements?

Thanks so much!

Comments

• avoavo Member
    You can do this with plugins, but currently there's only one made for apple devices and I'm not sure if its complete yet: http://www.giderosmobile.com/forum/discussion/comment/4656

Once android plugins are documented I'm sure someone will make one for that as well, or modify Magnusviri's above.
  • avoavo Member
    Oh but for the tab menu, one way to do that would be to use the scenemanager and add the tab directly to the stage so that it stays put while you click different tabs to switch between scenes, that would create a pretty cool effect. I'm not sure if there's a tutorial available for something like that though yet.
  • rdkemptrdkempt Member
    edited April 2012
    Hey avo, thanks for the link! I wish that these features etc... were integrated into Gideros a bit more, I can't believe how few SDKs (and by proxy, apps) use things like a virtual keyboard.

I have a ghetto setup with buttons that stay on the screen that sort of act as a tab bar using Scene Manager. However, I was hoping there was a slightly more 'official' way to add a tab bar.
  • ZoytZoyt Member
    Native UI elements for iOS are in the roadmap for this summer already.
  • gorkemgorkem Maintainer
    @zoyt they are in fact there. MikeHart has implemented it. If there's some misleading information about it elsewhere, let me know and I'll fix.