Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
export APK build failed, please help — Gideros Forum

export APK build failed, please help

XmanXman Member
edited July 2016 in General questions
It seems all settings are OK.

Exec: "/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.7.0_79.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java" -classpath "/usr/local/bin/apache-ant-1.9.2/lib/ant-launcher.jar" "-Dant.home=/usr/local/bin/apache-ant-1.9.2" org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher release into /Users/yy/Downloads/aa/tmp
"/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.7.0_79.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java" -classpath "/usr/local/bin/apache-ant-1.9.2/lib/ant-launcher.jar" "-Dant.home=/usr/local/bin/apache-ant-1.9.2" org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher release

BUILD FAILED
/Users/yy/Library/Android/sdk/tools/ant/build.xml:888: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/Users/yy/Library/Android/sdk/tools/ant/build.xml:890: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/Users/yy/Library/Android/sdk/tools/ant/build.xml:902: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/Users/yy/Library/Android/sdk/tools/ant/build.xml:283: null returned: 1

Total time: 15 seconds

Exec returned: 1

Comments

• hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    What tool is giving this error ? Is this from gideros APK export or Eclipse/ADT or Android Studio ?
  • XmanXman Member
    error.log in the exported folder.
    Apk export.
    No problem from eclipse or android studio.
  • XmanXman Member
    after change the Java directory to the 1.8 version,it works now.
    But,to be used for publishing,parameters like versionCode and versionName should be configured.
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    I admit it is not obvious, but you can set them in Android export tab and they will be used by APK export too.
  • XmanXman Member
    No version option is seen in android export tab.
    BTW,since ecplise has been deprecated by Google,the apk export using the android studio template would be better.
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Ah sorry, those options are in the project settings, not export settings.
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    And yes, android studio workflow would be better, I just can't convince myself to switch to android studio :)
  • ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
    I don't know if it would be better, cause you would probably need to provide more paths, like gradle path, etc
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Thats true, but deprecation is a little frightening...
  • XmanXman Member
    I mean in the long run, android studio would be the better choice. No matter whether it would be simpler or complicated.

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • antixantix Member
    Android Studio is what google recommends their developers use so it would be a good move. However if you want to accomplish certain things with Gideros you are forced to use Eclipse because there is no documentation and stuff for Android Studio users.
  • simwhisimwhi Member
    edited July 2016
    I only use Android Studio now. It took some getting used to it, but everything works fine. Installation is fairly straightforward. Just point Android Studio at the Android SDK folder etc and your up and running in no time at all.

The Android project structure is a little different so you need to add libraries and java files etc to different locations.
  • antixantix Member
    @simwhi are you familiar with the google play services plugin? I am unable to get it to work in android Studio.
  • simwhisimwhi Member
    @antix Well, I use it with admob and IAB, but not with leaderboards.
  • antixantix Member
    @simwhi, is there any chance you could post up a step by step of how to actually make the plugin work (in any way) with Android Studio? I just can't get it to work at all.
  • simwhisimwhi Member
    @antix. Here is a very short guide. I have to put a disclaimer on this as I did it very quickly. I hope I haven't missed anything!! I included some examples for the admob plugin (java and .so file locations), but of course you will need to add the specific files for the gaming plugin.

I do not have much time at the moment as we are getting ready to release our new game, but if I can help I will do so.

Please update/correct the document so we can give back to the community.
    doc
    doc
    Google Play services in Android Studio.doc
  • antixantix Member
    @simwhi. I really appreciate your help with this. I too am wanting to get a game published. I'll have a look at this after dinner, thanks! :bz
  • simwhisimwhi Member
    @antix No problem. It was a nice distraction from game testing. Now back to the grindstone.
  • antixantix Member
    @simwhi, thanks for your great assistance. I have it building now but it just crashes when I try to use the library. I'll make my own thread about. Thanks again.
  • simwhisimwhi Member
    @antix I forgot to add that you will need to follow the specific installation instructions for then gms plugin. In particular, you'll need to add code to your android activity.

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook