Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Is anybody using Appodeal? - Page 2 — Gideros Forum

Is anybody using Appodeal?

2»

Comments

• AppLovin falling back to ChartBoost.

I did try AppoDeal for about 6 weeks and income fell significantly.
    I'd ask their support team, guys are always very helpful interested in finding out what the problem is. Perhaps it's a technical issue that depends on how you set it all up in the app.

• We would really love to use Appodeal in our games but admob and applovin are delivering to an extent for us. I think we are going to add chartboost as part of a waterfall.

I really like the idea of Appodeal as it removes many headaches, but I don't have enough information to make the decision.
  • We would really love to use Appodeal in our games but admob and applovin are delivering to an extent for us. I think we are going to add chartboost as part of a waterfall.

I really like the idea of Appodeal as it removes many headaches, but I don't have enough information to make the decision.
    I'd ask their support team, guys are always very helpful interested in finding out what the problem is. Perhaps it's a technical issue that depends on how you set it all up in the app.

• @QuentinX We don't have any technical issues with any of the ad networks. It's just that it's difficult to judge which ad network will perform better financially without data. Maybe by sticking with admob and applovin we will get better kudos as time progresses.

• I am currently using www.moblyft.com as well as Admob. Moblyft has been filling 100% for me and the CPM's are really good.
  • simwhisimwhi Member
    @mikezuck

We use admob for banners and interestitials and Applovin for reward ads. Both seem to work fine technically. Admob is by far the best in our case, but Applovin hasn't performed very well. Applovin performance is related to the frequency at which we offer rewards ads to our users. We intend to increase this in the future to see if we can squeeze a little more money.

Do you use reward ads? We would love to hear other developers' experiences.

I experimented with Appodeal a week or so ago. The Appodeal SDK is now out of date (their download), but it is still possible to get it working. I had to use a combination of the latest Gideros .so files etc with some specific files from their SDK. The main issue is that there is a 64K reference limit with Android. If your project uses other plugins (facebook, flurry, IAB) this reference limit is soon reached. There are a few solutions to remove the 64K issue, but I was unsuccessful.

Admob now provide reward ads and native ads as well as SDK-less integration of other ad networks through their new SDK. We would really like to give both reward ads and native ads a try.

I think one the maintainers is now working on updating plugins. Maybe we'll see some up-to-date plugins in the very near future.

• I'm trying to use Appodeal but no success... firstly It asks me to export my project. Why should I export my project? I did all that was described in the tutorial, got errors and corrected IN THE ANDROID STUDIO. Don't know why should I go to there. The app simply doesn't opens... It crashes... I didn't understand why should I have to export and set everything outside of gideros instead of Gideros... If I want to make some changes? Should I have to export all over again? Why I have to export? What about Gideros? later above It shows "Lua integration"... how? If I exported? How will I "integrate"? integrate what? If I exported? I mean if I exported something into another platform I must go on with that other platform as they say to make changes like modify manifest etc... I didn't know that a so simple thing like adding ads into an app were to be something too nonsense