Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Letterbox scaling not working — Gideros Forum

Letterbox scaling not working

ZizanymanZizanyman Member
edited August 2015 in Bugs and issues
I am using letterbox scaling in a game I am making. However, when I change the resolution on the gideros player (on my computer) everything ends up in the wrong place. This also happens when I try to test it on my android phone. The picture on the right is how the desktop player looks on 320x480 resolution (how its supposed to work) and the one on the left show how it looks on 1080x1920 resolution (not how it's supposed to work). Also, I have everything set in relative coordinates (application:getContentWidth/Height) and letterbox scaling at the same time, and it still is like this. Does anybody know why this happens?

P.S. I also attached the file(game) so you can see if it works for you.

Comments

• Never mind. The problem was I was using relative coordinates an letterbox scaling at the same time. I got rid of the relative coordinates, set the resolution to 320x480, and it worked.

I also had just realized that changing the resolution in properties changes the resolution of the app, not just the desktop player.