Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Gideros Update 2015.04.18 - Page 2 — Gideros Forum

Gideros Update 2015.04.18

2»

Comments

• simwhisimwhi Member
    edited April 2015
    Hi guys,

I have just updated to 2015.04.18 release. Now I can't get admob to work. It crashes the Gideros player. It seems to be when an ad is just about to be shown.

I'm using the latest plugin and Google Play services library.

I'm not sure if the following logcat is relevant:

I/BufferQueue( 141): [Application Error: com.wobblemonkey.verbsmashe](this:0xb87dc500,id:754,api:2,p:-1,c:141) disconnect: api=2

I/BufferQueue( 141): [Application Error: com.wobblemonkey.verbsmashe](this:0xb87dc500,id:754,api:0,p:-1,c:141) getReleasedBuffers: returning mask 0xffffffff

I/GLConsumer( 141): [Application Error: com.wobblemonkey.verbsmashe](this:0xb87d7920,api:0) destroying EGLImage dpy=0x1 img=0x1000000a

I/GLConsumer( 141): [Application Error: com.wobblemonkey.verbsmashe](this:0xb87d7920,api:0) destroying EGLImage dpy=0x1 img=0x1000000f

I/GraphicBuffer( 141): free buffer (w:672 h:236 f:1) handle(0xb87dadb0)

I/GLConsumer( 141): [Application Error: com.wobblemonkey.verbsmashe](this:0xb87d7920,api:0) destroying EGLImage dpy=0x1 img=0x10000012

I/GraphicBuffer( 141): free buffer (w:672 h:236 f:1) handle(0xb87ab4d0)

D/GraphicBuffer( 702): close handle(0x6a44e1d8) (w:672 h:236 f:1)

Any ideas would be welcome.
  • with the new version my app in the android player is awfully slow, especially when i have some bunch of meshes, so those may be the culprits.
    Were you able to find a solution? I have installed my app on iOS and it is very slow after the upgrade.
  • simwhisimwhi Member
    edited April 2015
    I couldn't get the latest version working with admob ads so I tried the 2015.03.22 release . This worked without any issues.
  • @simwhi, Are the interstitials work for you? I mean if you show interstitials several times do they crash you app/mess your graphics?
    Otherwise the banners and interstitials work fine for me on any version until the graphic "dies".

@ar2rsawseen, I have a stupid question: do we have to "release" the interstitial_ object?
    FIle: AdsAdmob.m
    Line: [interstitial_ release];
  • ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
    @kussakov not always, it depends on how they do it internally

if release crashes for you, then probably no need to release :)
  • I could get the latest version working with admob ads so I tried the 2015.03.22 release . This worked with any issues.
    22.03.2015 version works for me also. Thanks.
    But I think the slowness will be a problem for the incoming windows phone support since we will have to use the latest release.
  • SinisterSoftSinisterSoft Maintainer
    edited April 2015
    @uzubari I have tested my Dungeons game on a WP 530 and it gets 40-60hz, 60hz most of the time - using standard Lua. I think that it will be a constant 60hz if it had Lua JIT, but not sure as you can only run interpreted on WP because of rules.
    Coder, video game industry veteran (since the '80s, ❤'s assembler), arrested - never convicted hacker (in the '90s), dad of five, he/him (if that even matters!).
    https://deluxepixel.com
  • uzubariuzubari Member
    edited April 2015
    @sinistersoft Then the slowness probably related with something specific to our applications. For example I am using graphics designed for iphone6, which are always downscaled to iphone4 resolution.
    I did not do any debugging with the latest version, I have exported the project and installed it on iOS ,for now it is almost impossible to play the game.
    By the way it is good to hear that WP support is ready for test :)
  • WP, Metro, Win32, and OSX all looking very good. You should expect news soon I think...

Coder, video game industry veteran (since the '80s, ❤'s assembler), arrested - never convicted hacker (in the '90s), dad of five, he/him (if that even matters!).
    +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • @kussakov. My last post would have been a bit confusing. I couldn't get admob to work with the 2015.04.18 release so I reverted back to 2015.03.22. This version seems to work for me without any banner or interstitial ad issues. Maybe it's something to do with open GLE2, but I'm not sure. In any case, our app is now in production so we can't use the current Gideros release.
  • ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
    @uzubari slowness seems to be due to moving to OpenGL 2, but WP stuff are still using OpenGL1

• hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Yes, It looks like 3D matrices transform are a bit too expensive after all... I already thinking about a way to reduce the amount of computations and solve a few issues at the same time while adding new transformation features. A big overhaul to come... But this will wait a week at least, since I am on holidays right now...
    No clue about the texture issue, I have the idea that texture references got messed up by ad popping, but I have no idea how this could happen...
  • I thought that staring at all that matrices transform code had finally driven you crazy! ;)

• totebototebo Member
    edited May 2015
    About my previous comment about the Box2D debug layer not showing. I'm having more Box2D issues now with the latest Gideros builds, so I decided to try to get the debug sprite working. It turns out that setting the position of the debug sprite in the new player moves it 10 times farther (or so) than the previous players.

Using the basic Box2D example from AppCodingEasy (what a wonderful resource that is), here is the result;

Player version 2014.01:
    self:setPosition( 1, 0 )

Player version 2015.05.09:
    self:setPosition( 1, 0 )

It seems something gets out of whack when you change the position of the sprite holding the debug sprite.

Any ideas?

Niclas
    Screen Shot 2015-05-13 at 20.31.44.png
    490 x 794 - 33K
    Screen Shot 2015-05-13 at 20.32.01.png
    658 x 1150 - 28K
    My Gideros games: www.totebo.com
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    edited July 2015
    What happens if you set physics scale to 1 ? (this is a wild guess...)
  • Not sure what you mean by physics scale?
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    I was refering to this: http://docs.giderosmobile.com/reference/physics/b2/setScale
    Can you try with b2:setScale(1) ?
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    btw, I found the issue, it will be fixed in next release.
  • Fantastic!