Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
dynamic libraries error - lpeg? — Gideros Forum

dynamic libraries error - lpeg?

jack0088jack0088 Member
edited January 2013 in Plugins
I just don't get it. I've copied the lpeg.dylib file from All Plugins to Plugins - still getting error:
error loading module 'md5.core' from file '/usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/md5/core.so':
	dynamic libraries not enabled; check your Lua installation
stack traceback:
What doing now? md5 library is in place and works fine from interactive console etc.
Owltwins. Smart design and creative code.
»Gideros Illustrator« - [svg|xml] scene designer using Adobe Illustrator®™ Within one line of code!

Comments

• jack0088jack0088 Member
    edited January 2013
    anybody? @atilim, @ar2rsawseen?
    please help somebody, want to continue working..

PS: Maybe I've installed lua 5.1 wrong? Can you tell me how to compile lua source correctly on osx 10.8 (with dynamic libryries etc)?
    »Gideros Illustrator« - [svg|xml] scene designer using Adobe Illustrator®™ Within one line of code!
    edited January 2013
    Has no one experienced that error? I thought lpeg would be the issue, but now I'm thinking there went something wrong with the lua installation. But what? I've re-installed lua from srcatch on my OSX 10.8, now through macports (lua @5.1.4).

What should I do?? Pleeaase...
    Is it Gideros, Lpeg or my Lua installation? I need a solution ;(
  • atilimatilim Maintainer
    are you referring to lpeg or md5? And you should rebuild these libraries and should't use the .dylib files coming with original Lua installation.

• I've installed lua 5.1.4. with macports. After that I've added lpeg and md5, also via macports. The whole process went well, and I can use them from within the console, or by running lua scripts via terminal. But unfortunately Gideros raises the error which I mentioned above. So within Gideros I just can't load external (e.g. "md5.lua" and other) modules...
    Any further ideas?
  • atilimatilim Maintainer
    You should build LPeg and md5 by yourself and then copy the resulting .dylib. LPeg prebuilt libraries comes with Gideros installation. You can find it at "/Applications/Gideros Studio/All Plugins/LPeg/bin/Mac OS/lpeg.dylib"

And here is some information about building md5: http://www.giderosmobile.com/forum/discussion/1025/step-by-step-how-to-write-a-c-plugin-and-deploy-it-to-the-desktop-windows-player/p1

edited January 2013
    @atilim Maybe your are willing to help me along (I would adore you!). If not, it's fine, because I understand you have not endless time.

Re-installed Lua again. Now from source.

1) I've installed Lua into /usr/local/ (default sub-directories).
    2) I (symbolic)-linked /usr/local/ and /opt/local/ "share" and "lib" sub folders. Because sometimes Lua searches inside /opt/... but I've installed it into /usr/...
    3) Downloaded this md5 module and compiled the source. No matter what I do in the config and Makefile, the result is the same: it gives me *.so files instead of *.dylib bundles. After compilation those files are copied to (Screenshots attached!):
    - /opt/local/lib/lua/5.1
    - /opt/local/share/lua/5.1

When I test my main.lua from Terminal everything works like a charm. But if I run it inside Gideros or directly inside Textmate, it says there are no bundle files found. And dynamic libraries are not enabled. And such.

I tried to build, but .so files are useless as far as I understand.. is this the reason it doesn't work?
    :opt:local:share:lua:5.1.png
    798 x 443 - 109K
    :opt:local:lib:lua:5.1.png
    797 x 439 - 78K
    zip
    zip
    main.lua.zip
    640B