Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Automatic Image Resolution Doesn't Work Like Old Version — Gideros Forum

Automatic Image Resolution Doesn't Work Like Old Version

NascodeNascode Guru
edited January 2013 in Bugs and issues
My friend in our studio develops a game with Gideros version 2012.9.6 (after upgrading from version 2012.9.2). He noticed that Automatic Image Resolution doesn't work as intended anymore. He got this rule on his project properties: Suffix @2x for 1.5 scale. His logical dimensions is 320x480

Then i ran my old project with automatic image resolution enabled on iPod touch 4th. Every position is jumbled like my friend's.

Both of us use texture atlas created by TexturePacker using autoSD feature with Corona @2x preset for all of our graphical assets. Looks like the problem is in the data generated by Texture Packer. Gideros behavior for this version is different than before.

Anyone? or @atilim could clarify? I attached our test project including our texture packer data

Dislikes: johnyc100

have fun with our games~
http://www.nightspade.com
+1 -1 (+0 / -1 )Share on Facebook

Comments

• atilimatilim Maintainer
    edited January 2013
    Yes, I've changed the behavior. If you set the scale as 1.5, then your image should be 1.5x larger than the base one. When you set image scaling as 1.5 but use 2x images, it scrambles the calculations. In this project, when you change suffix @2x to 2.0 scale, then everything should work.

I haven't thought somebody would use 2x images for 1.5 scale and I hope this change doesn't ruin your current projects.
  • NascodeNascode Guru
    edited January 2013
    @atilim exactly as our solution, we changed the scale to 2.0 scale now. We choose 1.5 scale because we thought Gideros automatic scale resolution depends on how much logical res is scretched. For example we use 320x480 for our logical res. Then when we scale up on 480x800 res, the scale would be 1.5.

I guess this is old habit when we used Corona SDK long time ago..ha! Thanks for clarify @atilim :)
    have fun with our games~
    http://www.nightspade.com
  • atilimatilim Maintainer
    edited January 2013
    I'm relieved :) I've changed the behavior to remove the dependencies to the base images. So that now my calculations are simpler.