Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
How To Make App For Both iPhone And iPad? — Gideros Forum

How To Make App For Both iPhone And iPad?

ljp1203ljp1203 Member
edited October 2012 in General questions
Hi all,

I need help with developing a part of my app.

To get this out of the way, my partner and I have decided to develop strictly for the iOS platform as it is more fluent, responsive, and just a better all around ecosystem. Sorry Android lovers, but it's true, and I am an Android owner myself, I can't wait to get my iPhone 5 in November :D

Now that is over, I can get onto the real business. I am the Lead Developer for our app. And I decided, tonight that we should develop our app for both iPhone 4, 4S, 5 AND iPad 2 , 3, 4. I have picked this option because obviously it will get us a broader audience. But most importantly we could use the screen realestate to add more functionality.

That being said, I don't know if my partner should develop the graphics for iPad 2 at 1024 x 768. Then develop images at 2048 x 1536 for iPad 3 and 4. Also, how would we design the app to where if the app is launched on an iPad 3 or 4, that it will show the 2048 x 1536 images, and not the 1024 x 768 images? And vice-versa?

Help with this would be greatly appreciated! :D

Thanks!
-Landon
JLS
Lead Coder and Designer

Comments