Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Multiple device testing — Gideros Forum

Multiple device testing

arcnorarcnor Member
edited October 2012 in Suggestions & requests
Hello.

First of all, this is my first post, although I've been reading the forums for a while, and want to thank all the people involved in this project.

I was wondering if something for multiple device testing can be added to the editor. Right now, you can run only on 1 device at a time. I understand you can only debug on one device at a time, but what about different actions for debugging and running? Running can be done for multiple devices (or list of IPs, not necesarily devices, but local players also) and debugging can only be run on one device at a time.

This could help a lot, because right now, I spend a lot of time changing IPs for every device to test the same feature.

Thanks, and keep the good work!

+1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook

Comments

• It would be interesting if we could set multiple IP addresses for Gideros Player. I could see how my code is performing on my iOS and Android devices at same time.
  • I like this idea :-bd

How about you @atilim?
  • i like this idea too :-bd but... :(

i have asked some time age @atilim but it seems that can be a problem (speed of ide)
    querying for multiple device via wifi.

... don't know ... only @atilim can say... [-O<
    TNT ENGiNE for Gideors Studio - Particle Engine, Virtual Pad, Animator Studio, Collision Engine - DOWNLOAD NOW !!! IT'S FREE!!! -
    www.tntengine.com
  • As a temporary solution, I just tested and it seems there's no issue opening multiple instances of the IDE. I successfully ran one locally and then one to my phone. It may also be possible to implement something with the command line features that other IDEs make use of?
  • i like this idea too :-bd but... :(

i have asked some time age @atilim but it seems that can be a problem (speed of ide)
    querying for multiple device via wifi.

... don't know ... only @atilim can say... [-O<
    But as I specified at the top, you can have multiple IPs only for running, and then just one for debugging. In that way, you won't have that speed problem.

Anyway, @atilim has already said in another post that he's not eager to add "nice to have" features right now, I think he's busy doing Useful Stuff ™ (like OpenGL ES 2.0 and shaders, I hope :D)
  • GregBUGGregBUG Guru
    edited November 2012
    I think he's busy doing Useful Stuff ™ (like OpenGL ES 2.0 and shaders, I hope :D)
    :) hoping :)

TNT ENGiNE for Gideors Studio - Particle Engine, Virtual Pad, Animator Studio, Collision Engine - DOWNLOAD NOW !!! IT'S FREE!!! -
    www.tntengine.com
  • I have an app that I use to download a project from Dropbox. I use it instead of Gideros Player to test stuff. With it you could launch it on all of your devices and they would all go get the project and run it.

Extra bonuses are that it lets me program on my iPad without a laptop/desktop in the mix. It also can be hacked to do almost live coding, and my blog post discusses that a lot, althought I don't really recommend it (ZeroBrane is much better).

http://blog.magnusviri.com/gideros-downloader.html