Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Gideros Community Libraries — Gideros Forum

Gideros Community Libraries

______ Member
edited August 2012 in General questions
Old discussion here. Creating new discussion to not hijack @Roland_Y's thread anymore :D

We've created a new collection of libraries that may be useful for Gideros developers.

The library could be included as a part of Gideros, in the next release (still under discussion).

The only way to use the library currently is to download/clone it and copy the relevant libraries to your project and use it. If this is included in Gideros, using the library would simply be require("library_name").

Let's discuss!

People call me "underscore".
+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook

Comments

• ______ Member
    Replying to Nascode

If you're familiar with git, add your library to libraries.txt, and send a pull request. If not, open an issue with link to your file, and we'll do it :)
  • ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
    edited August 2012
    Just to clarify things
    Including all this helpful libraries in Gideros release, will not mean that your end app will be larger then it was.
    Each file will be included in your project, only when you call require function to include specific lib.

What will increase in size, is actually, the Gideros release file, that you will need to download, when new Gideros version is released.

And as I hope, all community lib files will be stored in separate folder, so it would possible to update them through same github repository without waiting for next Gideros release.
  • gorkemgorkem Maintainer
    And as I hope, all community lib files will be stored in separate folder, so it would possible to update them through same github repository without waiting for next Gideros release.
    Most probably it'll be like that, I dont see a reason to make this process obtrusive.
  • ______ Member
    Most probably it'll be like that, I dont see a reason to make this process obtrusive.
    That would be the best way IMO. Can't wait for the next release. (When is it due? :D)

Have you guys seen the multifile library support in the ruby branch?
  • gorkemgorkem Maintainer
    edited August 2012

That would be the best way IMO. Can't wait for the next release. (When is it due? :D)

[...]

This is risk! :-)