Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Allen, Lua Library for strings - Page 2 — Gideros Forum

Allen, Lua Library for strings

2»

Comments

• ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
    Ok, cloned, commited to @gorkem's repo and updated list of scripts.

Will keep updating it. ;)
  • gorkemgorkem Maintainer
    @Roland_Y : added you
    @___ : it looks OK. need your username.
    @___ two questions:

1. what happens if the library includes several files? Will it create a dir under vendor dir?
    2. Is it possible to get rid of my name in github repository name? (eg github.com/gideros-community-libs or similar?)
    @___ username is utkarshkukreti

and for 2. it shows the username of the owner of repository.

So if Gideros has a github account, you can change the ownership so it will probably be

github.com/gideros/gideros-community-libs
    In fact I used a wrong naming scheme, ok, will do that.
    edited July 2012
    And yes there should be multiple file support for example plugins and frameworks :)
    @___ is it possible?
  • ______ Member
    And yes there should be multiple file support for example plugins and frameworks :)
    @___ is it possible?
    Maybe. Would we also need a sub directory feature?
    People call me "underscore".
    @___ is it possible?
    Maybe. Would we also need a sub directory feature?
    IMHO, yes
  • ______ Member
    I don't think that would be possible with plain bash. Atleast not with my knowledge of bash.

Maybe I can convert this to Ruby :-?
  • ______ Member
    @ar2rsawseen you were using the wrong url in libraries.txt. You should copy the "raw" link from the github page for the file. Fixed for you :)
  • Roland_YRoland_Y Member
    edited July 2012
    That is a nice job, you all. All all of that was done in a couple of hours. So nice!
    Well, I opened a ticket...!
  • ______ Member
    Hmm. Now that we have a full repo of useful libraries, maybe we can just clone this repo somewhere on our disk, and add it to lua's path (I don't know how to do this)?

If that can be done, I don't see any need of shipping this with Gideros. This way, we can update on will. We'll just need to update the libraries regularly.

@gorkem, @ar2rsawseen?
  • Roland_YRoland_Y Member
    edited August 2012
    Hmm. Now that we have a full repo of useful libraries, maybe we can just clone this repo somewhere on our disk, and add it to lua's path (I don't know how to do this)?
    Just edit package.cpath variable.

Actually, you can print it (it is just a string) to see its contents.
    I'm am running under windows, so assuming I saved the repo contents into C:\dev\lua\gideros-community-libs, I can easily to this in any script (no matter what where it is located on my hard-drive):
    package.path = package.path..";C:/dev/lua/gideros-community-libs/?.lua"
    From now, i can require any Lua file inside the folder located at "C:\dev\lua\gideros-community-libs"...

• ______ Member
    Ok, read more about it. You need to modify LUA_PATH variable to include something in the lua's require path.

I added the vendor directory to it (LUA_PATH="$LUA_PATH;~/dev/gideros/gcl/vendor" in my ~/.zshrc)

It works in lua repl, but Gideros doesn't seem to use LUA_PATH in its require path. Can that be modified @gorkem @atilim?
  • ______ Member
    Just edit package.cpath variable.

Actually, you can print it (it is just a string) to see its contents.
    I'm am running under windows, so assuming I saved the repo contents into C:\dev\lua\gideros-community-libs, I can easily to this in any script (no matter what where it is located on my hard-drive):
    package.path = package.path..";C:/dev/lua/gideros-community-libs/?.lua"
    From now, i can require any Lua file inside the folder located at "C:\dev\lua\gideros-community-libs"...

Haven't tried yet, but that would be a nice quickfix :)

However, we'll need to have support for it outside of project files, so that the project can be shared between people.
  • ______ Member
    Found the declaration of LUA_PATH. It's in /Applications/Gideros Studio/Sdk/include/luaconf.h

But it can't be modified ~X(
  • NascodeNascode Guru
    edited August 2012
    So, how could we add our lib? some tutorial perhabs? ;)

ps: looks like we should create new sticky thread for discussing community lib
    have fun with our games~
    http://www.nightspade.com

If that can be done, I don't see any need of shipping this with Gideros. This way, we can update on will. We'll just need to update the libraries regularly.

@gorkem, @ar2rsawseen?
    Since you are lurking on the forum and know the URL of the repo, you do not need it get shipped with Gideros Studio. However 95% of the time, users just download the Studio, and enter out of box experience period. If we cannot catch them in the first 15-30 mins, then he never looks back.

Lua libraries that come with Studio with an easy to test/use interface will greatly improve/increase end user experience.

Atilim is also looking for a way to automatically include these libraries with a simple UI, so you won't have to copy/paste them in your project.
  • ______ Member
    Great point, totally with you.
  • Allen was just updated, bringing up a lot of new functions.