Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Box2D editor — Gideros Forum

Box2D editor

hunstalixhunstalix Member
edited November 2011 in General questions
Hi,

Is there a Box2D editor for Gideros? I mean where you can draw a shape and then you can use it in code format for your project.

Comments

• atilimatilim Maintainer
    edited November 2011
    We're in contact with the developer of one of the best physics editors.
  • Tell me please will you provide realtime editor with component panel?
    for example how it can be easy in use:

Sprite loaded to scene, drag from component panel joints to this sprite, set up all options of fields (collision parameter etc) and test it without resaving and restarting project in realtime..
  • atilimatilim Maintainer
    We plan to add visual editors inside Gideros Studio, but this is a long term plan.
  • I have an idea! I know that it hard to do that what I want, but it can be realy usefull!

Let's imagine that we need to create non standart shape, which can mathematically descript as collapsed primitives (circle, box etc)
    Will be great if will be possible to draw this non standart shape using any vector graphic editor (for example - Inkscape) and convert this picture to code, understandable by lua script.
  • Let's imagine that we need to create non standart shape, which can mathematically descript as collapsed primitives (circle, box etc)
    Will be great if will be possible to draw this non standart shape using any vector graphic editor (for example - Inkscape) and convert this picture to code, understandable by lua script.
    Have a look at my small project: https://github.com/kribblo/InkscapeToLevel

It converts paths and positions in Inkscape to Lua tables. My purpose is to create level design, but it can be used to convert paths for any purpose, of course. It's in a very early stage so any input on how it could be better (including patches) are more than welcome!

I'm not sure if that's exactly what you mean, but I've been using it to output polygons that I use for collisions and to draw the levels, as well as placing the player, enemies etc.

It's also currently in Java and needs Maven to build, but I have been thinking about converting it to something easier to hack on, just need to check exactly how much of the Java SVG parsing library I actually use - I think that in the end it may not be that much, really. It's also possible that it could be turned into an Inkscape plugin, haven't read up o that yet, but that would probably be really nice.

+1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • I am thinking about trying out Gideros. Actually, I loaded the iPadPlayer and did some testing; cool! One of the main things I would need to go forward is a visual layout tool, to setup intial screens. Does one exist. Stoffe, how is your project looking?