Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
LFS / |R| strange behaviour — Gideros Forum

LFS / |R| strange behaviour

Hi,
my app at the beginning reads a bunch of sound files from a subfolder in the resource directory and puts them in a table.
The issue comes out only when I export the app standalone;
on windows player and exporting android player to real time test everything is fine.

Exported standalone app (full export) crashes as soon as I get to the line of code reading sound files:
logcat says
cannot open |R|sounds: No such file or directory
which should be there, otherwise it should not work in other "modes" too.. :'(

There is no CaSe difference between directory name and path, any idea? may this be a bug?

Thank you :)

Comments

• hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    I think it is a bit complex: on Android, files are contained within a set of zip files (APK, main, extra), which means that they are not directly visible in the filesystem. Gideros knows how to access them within zip files, but lfs probably doesn't...
  • piepie Member
    So the only workaround is to copy those files in device memory?
    As an alternative, is there a way to read the content of |R| directly from gideros without relying on lfs?

Thank you
  • SinisterSoftSinisterSoft Maintainer
    Copy from assets to |T| then load...
    Coder, video game industry veteran (since the '80s, ❤'s assembler), arrested - never convicted hacker (in the '90s), dad of five, he/him (if that even matters!).
    https://deluxepixel.com
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Unfortunately gideros doesn’t support listing directories. that could be added probably.

+1 -1 (+3 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • SinisterSoftSinisterSoft Maintainer
    Ahh, sorry I misread this - I thought you wanted to load in a specific file - not read the list of files in a directory.

Maybe a quick fix: If they follow a pattern then you can attempt to read the patterned filenames in sequence - on a failure you know you have reached the end?

Coder, video game industry veteran (since the '80s, ❤'s assembler), arrested - never convicted hacker (in the '90s), dad of five, he/him (if that even matters!).
    https://deluxepixel.com
    +1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • totebototebo Member

Maybe a quick fix: If they follow a pattern then you can attempt to read the patterned filenames in sequence - on a failure you know you have reached the end?
    That's what I do in my games. All levels are incrementally numbered and I read all of them on startup, stopping when a nil is returned.

My Gideros games: www.totebo.com
    +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook