Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
TNT Particles Engine for Gideros Mobile SDK PREVIEW 2 - Coming Soon - - Page 3 — Gideros Forum

TNT Particles Engine for Gideros Mobile SDK PREVIEW 2 - Coming Soon -

13»

Comments

• GregBUGGregBUG Guru
    edited February 2012
    @techdojo thanks to test! and positive feedback!!!

mmm i think that acctually is not possibe to make a live wallpaper... with Gideros...

TNT ENGiNE for Gideors Studio - Particle Engine, Virtual Pad, Animator Studio, Collision Engine - DOWNLOAD NOW !!! IT'S FREE!!! -
    www.tntengine.com
  • GregBUGGregBUG Guru
    edited February 2012
    new test demo 1 (simple clouds effect tot. 10 particles 5 for side)

if you can test...

(only android for now)

59 fps on my ipod 2^gen (this demo show fps)
    new tests coming soon...
    zip
    zip
    demo_1.apk.zip
    2M
    TNT ENGiNE for Gideors Studio - Particle Engine, Virtual Pad, Animator Studio, Collision Engine - DOWNLOAD NOW !!! IT'S FREE!!! -
    www.tntengine.com
  • I just installed this on a ZTE Blade / San Francisco (600mhz, ARMv6, Android 2.2) and it reports 43-47 fps.
  • Gianluca, if you're testing on iPod it means you can produce an .ipa file, can't you?
    In that case, you can still post it, as developers we can re-sign it with our certificates and run the tests on our devices, AFAIK
  • GregBUGGregBUG Guru
    edited February 2012
    @pmanna
    no, sorry i can't... (for now)
    because i only installed the gideros player in my ipod and ipad to test my "experiments" (with a dev account of a frend of mine).

but i think that is time to re-new my apple dev subscription now...
    also because i need to test the "C" version of tnt engine in ios device.
    www.tntengine.com
  • I would be really grateful.
    thanks mike!
    Sorry, it took me a little longer than I had said before. I have uploaded the code in the plugin section.

• Latest demo runs at 52 fps on my kindle.
  • @MikeHart many many thanks!!! very appreciated!!!

@ndoss thanks!!! for testing :)
    www.tntengine.com
  • The demo for the Feb 24 link above runs at between 57and 59 fps on Galaxy Nexus
  • @chipster123 thanks! for test!

new 2 demos
    demo 2 - Snow on my home!
    demo 3 - fire with sparkles

now writing last demo then release beta 1 to tester.

ciao.
    zip
    zip
    demo_2.apk.zip
    3M
    zip
    zip
    demo_3.apk.zip
    2M
    www.tntengine.com
  • that's amazing!
    i like snow and fog effect very much.
    -demo 2: 22fps on Milestone and 26fpt on SS galaxy 10.1
    -demo 3: 32fps on Milestone and 60fpt on SS galaxy 10.1
  • demo 4 explosion (and last one)
    touch the screen to explode !!!! :)

@hnim thanks.
    what specs have Milestone ?

ps: it's possible that galaxy 10.1 is slower than my ipod 2^ gen ?? :-?

zip
    zip
    demo_4.apk.zip
    3M
    www.tntengine.com

• beta1 sent to beta tester...!!
    if you not received please contact me!
    www.tntengine.com
  • nice explosion: 38fps on Milestone and 50fps on SS galaxy 10.1
    Milestone is a version of Moto Droid 1, it's really old.
  • atilimatilim Maintainer
    btw, some (or most) tablets (e.g. kindle fire) has default frame rate of ~53 not 60.
  • ScouserScouser Guru
    edited March 2012
    @GregBUG: I had a play with your particle system and I think I found & fixed a slight problem.

I found that there was no way to set an initial gravity force for the particles which meant that creating a fountain was impossible so I added a function to set this up
    function CParticles:setGravityForce(gravityX, gravityY)
    	self.particles.gravityForceX = gravityX -- gravity x force
    	self.particles.gravityForceY = gravityY -- gravity y force
            for j = 1, self.particles.particlesMax do
    		self.particles.particlesList[j].gravityForceX = gravityX -- gravity x force
    		self.particles.particlesList[j].gravityForceY = gravityY -- gravity y force
    	end
    end
    Then I noticed that the individual particles didn't have their own gravity force defined when you generate the initial cache so inserted these lines
    	gravityForceX = 0, -- gravity x force
    	gravityForceY = 0, -- gravity y force
    directly after the line
            currentSpeed = 0,
    And finally I changed the following 2 lines after -- particle is dead so if needed rebirth!!!
             particlePoint.gravityForceX = 0
             particlePoint.gravityForceY = 0
    to
             particlePoint.gravityForceX = particles.gravityForceX
             particlePoint.gravityForceY = particles.gravityForceY
    Now I can give the particles an initial negative y gravity force so that the particles begin moving up before they fall back down to earth.
    +1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • @Scouser

thanks for your fix and integration.
    i'll add to next release of tnt engine. ;;)

ps: this is the reason i enjoy the open-source!

thanks again
    Gianluca.
    www.tntengine.com
  • UPDATE:

just released v1.11
    with bugfix (thanks to paolo manna)
    and new function set gravityforce (thanks to Scouser).

www.tntengine.com
    +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • ZoytZoyt Member
    Yay! Thanks!
  • hi! @Zoyt

thanks to you!!

but i want to ask you one things (just curiosity): :P

in your avatar was written: "Gideos Studios" it's your studios name or just "forgot" an "r" ? :D

www.tntengine.com
    +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • ZoytZoyt Member
    Doh... Crap... Thanks for reporting it... I'll fix it when I get a chance...
  • :D >:D<
    www.tntengine.com