Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Google app billing library warning — Gideros Forum

Google app billing library warning

Hi all,
I would like to ask what is the version of google billing library that Gideros uses. I get a warning from play console that says that by the end of August all apps must be using google billing library version 6. And how can this be updated from the version Gideros is currently using? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• MoKaLuxMoKaLux Member
    edited July 9 Accepted Answer
    from what I could find:
    C:\Program Files\Gideros\All Plugins\iab\iab.gplugin
    	if condition="[[[plugin.iabGoogle]]]"
    		template name="Google" path="[[[local.iabfws]]]" dest="[[[local.iabfwd]]]" include="IabGoogle.java" /
    		template name="Google" path="[[[local.iabfws]]]/google" dest="[[[local.iabfwd]]]/google" /
    		template name="AndroidManifest" path=""
    			replacelist wildcards="build.gradle"
    				append
    					orig//TAG-DEPENDENCIES//orig								
    					by
            implementation 'com.android.billingclient:billing:5.0.0'
    		implementation 'androidx.annotation:annotation:1.1.0'
    					by
    				append
    			replacelist			
    		template
    	if
    What you could try is simply change com.android.billingclient:billing:5.0.0 to com.android.billingclient:billing:6.0.0 and maybe that will work :)

Gideros is full of surprises o:)

my growING GIDEROS github repositories: https://github.com/mokalux?tab=repositories
    +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • dreiko65dreiko65 Member
    @MoKaLux thanks a lot. Seems to be working. At least I had no problems during compilation and upload to play store. Now i have to wait and see if my app will be accepted and if i get any more warnings.
    Btw, do you think that the same can be done with androidx.fragment:fragment. I also get a warning for the version. Maybe change it to 1.1.0 is possible?
    Thanks.

@MoKaLux I can confirm it works. App has been accepted and I got no warnings. Thanks again.

+1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • MoKaLuxMoKaLux Member
    @dreiko65 you are welcome my friend :)
    Gideros way of updating android is quite amazing :p

my growING GIDEROS github repositories: https://github.com/mokalux?tab=repositories
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    I had the same warning e-mail from google a few days ago, and they say billing library should be updated to 7.0 (but 6.0.1 minimum). I will try with 7.0 and report here
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer

+1 -1 (+3 / -0 )Share on Facebook
    @hgy29 thats great. Thank you. How can we solve the androidx.fragment:fragment version warning?
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    edited July 17
    dreiko65 said:

@hgy29 thats great. Thank you. How can we solve the androidx.fragment:fragment version warning?

Gideros doesn't use androidx.fragment:fragment by itself, but it seems to be a dependency of Google Play services (GMS). This seems to have been updated at the beginning of the year, so try to update your google play service library version.
    Latest is 23.2.0.

+1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook