Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat
Anyone can offer help about PWA ? - Gideros Forum

Anyone can offer help about PWA ?

I put a gideros HTML5 export on a web page and try to make it installable and playable offline with the Progressive Web App guideline.... without success.
The point that block me is about offline mode. The app doesn't work in offline mode.
In the classic PWA structure, the app need a service worker (.js file) to manage cache storage and issue in offline mode. As I didn't make that service worker, it seems normal that the app doesn't work... except the fact that it did worked on my test domain (I use the 'did worked' because it doesn't work anymore without explaination). But, as I move the folder on the real final domain, everything go well to work except that offline mode.
Any 'grand manitou' of the PWA creation in the place ? :p
My meditation plan :
SinisterSoft: “ I don't create classes that much - classes are good for making things simpler but imho for frame rate they are also death by a thousand cuts.”
Totebo: “ Best quote ever.”
🤔
Tagged:

Comments

• hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    I didn't know about PWA until your post, but that sounds interesting. Looks like it just needs a few .js files, but I am not the PWA guru you are looking for :smile:
  • hgy29 said:

I didn't know about PWA until your post, but that sounds interesting. Looks like it just needs a few .js files, but I am not the PWA guru you are looking for :smile:

thanks a lot anyway :)
    My meditation plan :
    SinisterSoft: “ I don't create classes that much - classes are good for making things simpler but imho for frame rate they are also death by a thousand cuts.”
    🤔
  • JamesHoustonJamesHouston Member
    edited February 9
    Me too, I have not heard about PWA before. Thanks for sharing information.
  • I will try to document the few things that I achieved to do with PWA.

My meditation plan :
    🤔
    +1 -1 (+1 / -0 ) Share on Facebook
  • SinisterSoftSinisterSoft Maintainer
    edited February 19
    I just saw that Stadia is available as a PWA - there is a small 'install' in the browser bar. It would be great if Gideros web apps could also work - have you made any progress?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Stadia/comments/dzbvh7/stadia_pwa_progressive_web_app/

It could be that encryption messed it up. The Gideros web encryption uses the domain name as part of the key (to stop people stealing your assets). Try it with encryption turned off...

OR try with no domain name typed in the export (I think you can have encryption on then, @hgy29 will know for sure)...

2021-02-19_01-18-12.png
    779 x 468 - 34K
    Coder, video game industry veteran (since the '80s, ❤'s assembler), arrested - never convicted hacker (in the '90s), dad of five, he/him (if that even matters!).
    https://deluxepixel.com