Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat
What is this error message? - Gideros Forum

What is this error message?

kinrpgkinrpg Member
edited July 2020 in General questions
On several mobile devices and even computers updated with the latest versions of chrome browsers, opera and firefox this message about wasm or one about webgl is appearing. One note is that html games made by old versions of gideros are running normally.
Thanks :^)

Captura de tela_2020-07-15_22-39-32.png
321 x 290 - 20K

Comments

  • jimlevjimlev Member
    edited July 2020
    same kind of issue here... depends on browser, if the html is local or online, etc. very strange behaviour.

    messages are, also, quite... various


    Likes: kinrpg

    image.png
    345 x 221 - 11K
    My meditation plan :
    SinisterSoft: “ I don't create classes that much - classes are good for making things simpler but imho for frame rate they are also death by a thousand cuts.”
    Totebo: “ Best quote ever.”
    🤔
    +1 -1 (+1 / -0 ) Share on Facebook
  • If you can get a console log from your browser it may help to identify what's wrong. Error message is not very clear unfortunately.
  • If you can get a console log from your browser it may help to identify what's wrong. Error message is not very clear unfortunately.

    So, in the new versions of gideros, browser games are made to run in webgl, and the technology support varies depending on the browser and the video chip ...

    That was what I could understand.
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Basically two things are mandatory for Gideros apps to run in a browser: wasm support (web assembly) and WebGL

    Likes: kinrpg

    +1 -1 (+1 / -0 ) Share on Facebook
  • hgy29 said:

    Basically two things are mandatory for Gideros apps to run in a browser: wasm support (web assembly) and WebGL

    OK.
    Well I understand that new technologies are better and more optimized, but ... I tested the game on a core i3 4gb notebook with windows 8 on Frefox and Chrome, I tested on a dell Core Duo with 8GB and Nvidia video card on linux , on Samsung and Motorola phones, as well as Windows 10 computers.

    ALL of them gave some error of incompatibility with wasm or webgl ...

    That is, wanting to launch a web application with the updated Gideros is impractical and will greatly restrict the public.
    However games exported to html from many years ago open in any browser.

    What was the latest version of Gideros that didn't use Wasm or Webgl?

    Then I install the most modern gideros to export the executable windows and android and use an older version to export to html.
  • wasm streaming compile failed: LinkError: WebAssembly.instantiate(): memory import 348 is smaller than initial 4096, got 2048
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    kinrpg said:

    hgy29 said:

    Basically two things are mandatory for Gideros apps to run in a browser: wasm support (web assembly) and WebGL

    What was the latest version of Gideros that didn't use Wasm or Webgl?
    None, Gideros has always been relying on webgl. Wasm on the other hand wasn't the only option in the beginning, you'll have to go through the various release notes to find out when we dropped asm.js support.
    About the error you just gave, do you export with a 256MB mem usage (the default) or something else ? With Wasm, this shouldn't be changed, but it was possible for asm.js. We should remove it from the export options.
  • kinrpgkinrpg Member
    edited February 15
    hgy29 said:

    kinrpg said:

    hgy29 said:

    Basically two things are mandatory for Gideros apps to run in a browser: wasm support (web assembly) and WebGL

    What was the latest version of Gideros that didn't use Wasm or Webgl?
    None, Gideros has always been relying on webgl. Wasm on the other hand wasn't the only option in the beginning, you'll have to go through the various release notes to find out when we dropped asm.js support.
    About the error you just gave, do you export with a 256MB mem usage (the default) or something else ? With Wasm, this shouldn't be changed, but it was possible for asm.js. We should remove it from the export options.
    Thanks for the information, I'm very average in programming and even reading and messing about 5 years ago in Gideros I still make a very silly mistake lol. You have no idea how sometimes even a simple comment ends up giving me a direction to go.

    I'm already checking the releases. I'm going to check the projects too, I'm getting old people ready for new managers, from things like organizing assets and directories to rewriting various codes and functions based on what I'm learning on the wiki and forum.

    The minimum memory to be placed then is 256 ... I looked at each of the projects ... Some old ones were 64 or 128, they are old ones that I have been working with for 5 years.

    It's really fun :-D

    Likes: MoKaLux

    +1 -1 (+1 / -0 ) Share on Facebook
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Actually this memory setting limitation for WASM is only due to the fact that Gideros wasm code is precompiled with the memoty limit set to 256MB, and browsers will refuse to load the code if something else is given at run time. The best thing to do would be to patch the memory setting in the wasm files during export (so that they match), but that means parsing the wasm binary to find where the value should be patched.
    Maybe I'll do it that way instead of removing the memory setting.

    Likes: MoKaLux

    +1 -1 (+1 / -0 ) Share on Facebook
Sign In or Register to comment.