Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Clearing the player's output window — Gideros Forum

Clearing the player's output window

petecpetec Member
edited April 2012 in Suggestions & requests
Hi - I wondered if it would be possible to add a function to clear the content of the player's output window. At the moment right click will let me select all and copy but not clear. It would occasionally be handy to clear it before running code to make it easier to find the latest output, particularly if using an enter frame listener to print out values when debugging.
Thanks, Pete

Comments

• techdojotechdojo Guru
    edited April 2012
    Quick tip - in init.lua (always called first)
    I usually do something like
    print("--------------------------------------------------------------")
    print("  LOG OUTPUT STARTS HERE...")
    That way I can easily see where the output from a new build starts, but FWIW I second the function to clear the output window. :)
    WhiteTree Games - Home, home on the web, where the bits and bytes they do play!
    #MakeABetterGame! "Never give up, Never NEVER give up!" - Winston Churchill
  • petecpetec Member
    Thanks - I do a similar thing with a print line of dashes as well which works fine in most cases.

My problem yesterday was that I was using the print in an an enter frame function and scrolling back up to see my start marker became trickier as the output filled after repeated runs of the code - moving the scroll bar slider just a little way shot loads of output by very quickly and made it hard to catch my marker. Using the scroll arrows became tedious as there was so much to scroll through. I resorted to exiting Gideros and restarting every now and then to refresh the output panel which is why I made my request. :)
  • atilimatilim Maintainer
    I use ctrl+b (or cmd+b) to clear the output window. (temporary solution until I implement it :) )
    +1 -1 (+4 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • petecpetec Member
    Oh, thanks! That'll do me for now :)
  • Hi,

I still miss this feature. Also auto opening the projects folder
    when you want to add existing files for examples on the Mac.

Regards,

Marc