Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Infinite/repeated Tile scrolling? — Gideros Forum

Infinite/repeated Tile scrolling?

I have a set of tiles aligned both on x and y axis. If a player hold presses on a tile I want them to be able to swipe horizontally or vertically to rearrange the tiles directly left/right and up/down of the pressed tile.

The main problem here is say if a player is sliding the tiles right. The furthest right tile is sliding out of frame and that'll be the tile that needs to slide into frame. I thought about just keeping track and always duplicating/removing tile to simulate the effect, but that seems very tedious to keep track of.

Was wondering if there was any better solutions to this problem?

Comments

• You should maintain a copy of the map in a table with an index into the update column/row - then you know what needs to be updated on the left/right top/bottom as it does it. It should be faster to read from the table than the tilemap itself.
    Coder, video game industry veteran (since the '80s, ❤'s assembler), arrested - never convicted hacker (in the '90s), dad of five, he/him (if that even matters!).
    https://deluxepixel.com